Alleged iPhone 5 front panel sized up with the iPhone 4S on video
0. phoneArena 01 Jun 2012, 01:53 posted on
Besides the alleged changes in resolution and screen aspect ratio that this front panel will bring, it seems that the front-facing camera might be placed in the middle, like on the iPad, if this ends up being the real deal, and not just chucked prototype parts...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
10. 09wbd03516 (banned) (Posts: 140; Member since: 30 May 2012)
more like design for JERK!!!
20. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
If it's designed for sheep then...baaahhhhh
I absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on the new iPhone. I'm really hoping they bring over the saturation from the new iPad. I downloaded the movie "Hugo" in 1080p and my God, I've never seen a more gorgeous picture.
Still, I'm less concerned with the phone and more interested in the change in iOS. Hardware is great, but I want a bit more from the software side of things.
22. KingShango (Posts: 89; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Agreed. Pretty hardware is nothing without great software. Also looking farward to the new iOS.
28. thedarkside (Posts: 654; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
i like that its going to have the 4in screen but i kind of want to see it maybe 3mm wider. i have huge hands and sometimes an iphone just feels a bit too small. im sure the new design will be great. im crossing my fingers for a smaller charging port and an hdmi out. i highly doubt ill get it but if apple wants to keep people interested theyll need to add more additions and features. id also like to see a high mp camera, maybe 12?
51. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Higher mega pixels doesn't mean a better camera I hope you know.
2. 09wbd03516 (banned) (Posts: 140; Member since: 30 May 2012)
ahahaha iphone is s*** like if you agree
26. theoak (Posts: 324; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Brick? Not more than the other 4 Inch plus phones that are out there now.
4. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
woah, i don't think i like this longer aspect ratio. not increasing the width of the display is really going to take from the advantage of having a larger display, it pretty much mean the keyboard in portrait orientation is going to be roughly the same size as before.
5. KParks23 (Posts: 627; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
I agree it just looks weird.. I'm gonna say it's fake apple is not that dumb
18. andro. (Posts: 1999; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
it looks quite ugly and out of shape,if this is indeed what the iphone 5 looks like then it'll add further proof to the notion that apple has lost its way since the 3gs days
27. dax0330 (Posts: 23; Member since: 01 Jun 2012)
Apple now jumps into the bandwagon of widescreen displays due to pressure from android phones
31. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Lets be honest you won't like the iphone no matter what it looks like.
25. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Well, Steve Jobs isn't there anymore, so maybe things will change.
6. ChargeusMoreplease (Posts: 2; Member since: 01 Jun 2012)
hold on... let me show my excitment WOOOOWWWW !!!!
12. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's just a face plate, the only thing this reveals is that the next iPhone won't stray too far from Apple's design philosophy but that doesn't mean it'll be similar enough to elicit a remark like that.
9. scnix (Posts: 41; Member since: 01 Jul 2010)
Why didn't they increase the width a little wider as well? It now looks unusually long. :/
13. FoneAddict (Posts: 259; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
I agree, it looks too thin and elongated. Spec wise this looks more iPhone 4.5S rather than iPhone 5. Disappointed
11. guruprasad (Posts: 33; Member since: 13 Jul 2011)
its not only about increasing the screen size but also the price...increase 100$ than the current 4s with same old specs of the 4s.....apple is just fooling their fans and making profit....
14. darklover (Posts: 3; Member since: 01 Jun 2012)
hahahahaha Rofl What a beautiful design. Inspired by Brick :D
15. ilia1986 (unregistered)
50 bucks says Apple will copy Samsung's smart stay feature..
21. imgod (Posts: 13; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
They'll invent that feature:P
16. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3108; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
That was the thing i loved about HTC phones like the EVO and Thunderbolt. Both had large 4.3 displays but they were wider and better to type and view websites on. Look at the Droid X compared to the Thunderbolt. Same screen size but Thunderbolt was psychically shorter and wider. I miss those days!
17. Sangeet (Posts: 232; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
yeah, it is true that when you compare the display to that of the current iPhone then it will feel a little weird but the main reason for that weirdness is not that the new iphone will have a very long display it is just because the current iPhone has a very shorter display when compared to the new panel, but i am sure that when you keep it with other phones that have even larger displays then i am sure that the new screen panel would look normal,
and by the way Samsung Galaxy S, HTC One X, Sony Xperia S, Lg Nitro HD and other phones also have a 16:9 aspect ratio with an even larger screen but that does not feel awkward so guys chill as it is not gonna affect it at all
19. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Possibly a fake. Apple rumored to have redesigned the home button So one leak is contradicting the other. it's going to be a long summer with these "leaks".