Alleged front panel of the iPad 5 pops up, flaunts iPad mini-esque design
0. phoneArena 31 May 2013, 09:07 posted on
Alleged front panel for the upcoming iPad 5 has appeared, and if it is the real deal, certainly reconfirms that Apple is chasing the iPad mini design paradigm with its upcoming tablet...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Wow! Those side bezels are extremely thin!
23. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
Hoping for iOS 7 to bring something new.
2. MCrapp (Posts: 313; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
I like thin bezels! But this is still Apple.No Thanks!
19. caryhartline (Posts: 3; Member since: 31 May 2013)
At least you admitted that you're a fanboy which makes your review worthless to prospective buyers.
3. ken6688 (Posts: 4; Member since: 24 May 2013)
what is the point to eliminate the vertical portions of the bezel? remember the aspect ratio of ipad is 4/3. i would prefer ipad4 which is good for holding vertically with one hand.
4. ken6688 (Posts: 4; Member since: 24 May 2013)
if ipad5 is really like this, i think it is not a well thought out design. ipad mini can be held single handedly with your fingers and wrist turned freely after removing the vertical bezel portions but can ipad?
5. rahulz (Posts: 117; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Apple design is always looks beautiful and premium or i should say it looks beautiful for me
hardware is always pretty decent on iPhone/iPad/iPod especially gpu. Its the iOS which lag behind. hope they bring something cool this year not another tiny 200 features.
10. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
if your definition of lag behind is the iOS that really smooth for tablet and having apps that truly dedicated for tablet (not just some blown up phones app), then sure...
13. rahulz (Posts: 117; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
No no iOS super smooth in terms of performance. What i meant is it lack some features compared to android.
but i think iOS 7 will bring some missing and exclusive features to iphone/ipad.
14. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
he meant it 'lags' behind in features and usefulness.. not actual lag. lol
20. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
i got that. thats why i wrote having apps that truly dedicated for tablet. how many app does android has that truly for tablet? ergo ipad so far got more usefulness and as for features...theres an app for that.
btw, how many iteration of androidOS is it now? yet they still can't get their tabletOS right... thats what i'll call lagging behind...
7. donjunior (Posts: 50; Member since: 28 May 2013)
iPad sucks. No multitasking. Android Tab FTW. Samsung Rocks.
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 14103; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Once again the iPad multitasks with just the swipe of your fingers. Can't understand why you don't get that Wendy garret
22. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
are you Wendy ??
8. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
You really are chickens with your heads cut off and this is the proof. Epic fail apple sorry. Ugly, not useful and still too big to be held in one hand or portable. Bezels actually help with accidental touches, protect the screen from droppage.
9. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
this is the proof that you are stupid... apple has the technology to protect those accidental touches, just like what they have in mini
12. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
does it have technology that helps with droppages? its mostly proven that a bezel helps prevent cracks in drop situations... Also, main point WAS iPad is still too big for 1 hand and to be portable (like the mini) so shrinking the bezel is mostly useless and requires a anti touch technology to achieve usefulness. So, Just keep the uniform bezel on a larger device so people can actually hold it, without touching the screen and having software detect or not detect if i meant or didn't mean that touch (gee, much smarter than a actual bezel on a already large device). Ya, i am stupid for being logical
21. Hemlocke (unregistered)
The iPad Mini already has touch rejection incorporated on its bezel, so no reason the iPad wouldn't.
11. darkkjedii (Posts: 14103; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
This isn't news as we know apple strives for a uniform look to its products.