Alleged first image of the next Nexus branded smartphone is leaked
0. phoneArena posted on 28 May 2011, 14:08
With the summer season just about at full swing by now this weekend, something juicy managed to come around to show off its face. Alleged to be the next Google Nexus branded smartphone, we’re getting a first glimpse...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. clevername posted on 28 May 2011, 14:32 1 0
An LCD screen? Isn't amoled the champion of Android? Both previous nexus units had one version or another of an amoled screen.
Furthermore id doubt the quality of the screen. The best LCD displays such as qHd and the retina display are almost black when the powers off. Almost as black as an amoled display. Wait and see I guess.
2. osanilevich posted on 28 May 2011, 15:01 4 4
Please have buttons, please have buttons, PLEASE HAVE BUTTONS!
11. lazarus101 (unregistered) posted on 28 May 2011, 18:28 1 0
of course it will have buttons, software buttons, just like honeycomb! there's not too much difference between capacitive buttons and software ones.
19. osanilevich posted on 29 May 2011, 02:38 0 0
the problem with this one is that it has absolutely no buttons, if it had capacitive you would at least see the sign (function) of each one
3. Su-Rio posted on 28 May 2011, 15:04 2 3
forget about being button-free... it should have a QWERTY KEYBOARD!!! well, a qhd and super amoled plus screen, if possible would be awesome too
6. Lucas777 posted on 28 May 2011, 16:24 2 2
u know u said two different screen types right? haa and does this not look like a vibrant?
7. Mario (unregistered) posted on 28 May 2011, 16:49 5 1
qHD is a screen resolution. SAmoled+ is a screen type. 2 different things.
16. Lucas777 posted on 28 May 2011, 20:16 0 0
yes, but he said qhd and super amoled plus screen... and qhd refers more to the led...
18. ap (unregistered) posted on 29 May 2011, 01:27 0 0
qHD is a screen resolution, it's just the way he said it that makes it sound funny....qHD doesn't refer to anything else....
34. remixfa posted on 30 May 2011, 16:28 0 0
It reminds me of an HD7, but with the screen going edge to edge.
That looks like a regular LCD screen on the thing, but this is a prototype model... if its anything. Button free says something of the new features of "ice cream sandwich".
Besides, capacitive buttons are more or less just dedicated screen space to buttons. What if you could change them to whatever u want, but they were still in the same static space? that would be cool.
13. mrsix (unregistered) posted on 28 May 2011, 19:09 3 0
fat chance...google seems to mandate a distinct lack of bloatware on the Nexus devices, and Verizon seems to mandate a distinct excess of bloatware on damn near everything it sells. There are a few exceptions but still, I won't hold my breath.
27. BreakerNine posted on 29 May 2011, 14:09 1 1
If only Verizon joined the open handset alliance we would get one, but you know how Verizon is with their damned bloatware and that dreaded Bing.
5. Jeradiah3 posted on 28 May 2011, 16:01 1 1
I don't kno what they have in store, but it sounds good!!
8. Staindvein (unregistered) posted on 28 May 2011, 17:15 1 1
is it me, or does that phone kinda look like an iphone 3G/S with that chrome outlining?
21. DIhce (unregistered) posted on 29 May 2011, 06:58 0 0
it's just you.
It looks like the HTC Windows Phones.
23. clevername posted on 29 May 2011, 08:55 0 0
No its not just you. It highly resembles a 3g or 3gs with the crime bezel and rounded corners. Looks bigger though.
9. smalltank posted on 28 May 2011, 17:27 1 3
Amoled and S screens make yer pics look worse due to the screen..so no they aernt king of much anymore...LG Revolution FTW
10. MorePhonesThanNeeded (unregistered) posted on 28 May 2011, 17:49 1 1
Looks like an interesting device, but there better be at least one physical button on it, and I have to say that I don't really like the Amoled screens as they tend to have photos darker than normal. My gf has a Vibrant and I a Droid X and when she sends me photos they are on the darker side, while on her phone they look fine. Give me one of those newer LCD's that run low power and has qHD resolution or higher, well the X screen is pretty good. I wonder if Google might launch a Nexus on Verizon's LTE network...?
12. marcopolo (unregistered) posted on 28 May 2011, 18:45 0 0
there will be 3 physical buttons on the side or top of the phone but not on the screen/display - power, up & down volume buttons, just like the honeycomb tablets...
17. lolcade (unregistered) posted on 28 May 2011, 21:34 0 0
Apple lawsuit pending: "This phone is too similar to the iPhone, it is too rectangular; so plox give us $2 mirrion dorrars". Love apple. =)
20. Lawrence (unregistered) posted on 29 May 2011, 03:21 0 0
Pretty obvious Photoshop
28. ArmageddonX posted on 29 May 2011, 18:14 0 0
If the Nexus 3 has a LCD screen instead of a AMOLED, in my opinion, that's taking a step backwards.
37. NeXoS posted on 30 May 2011, 23:25 0 0
the next phone has to have super amoled plus or else forget it. going w/htc or LG is a step backwards. neither companies have nice screens.
38. dannie (unregistered) posted on 31 May 2011, 01:58 0 0
this picture is fake... check the source. This is BULL
39. Abdul92 posted on 10 Aug 2012, 06:27 0 0
Looks like a buttonless iPhone 3GS, funny to know that Samsung produced it.