Alleged case mold prototype for the Apple iPhone 6 leaks, reveals larger screen
As far as a larger screened iPhone is concerned, we have seen quite a few leaks recently, promoting the idea that the next-gen iPhone will be offered with a 4.7 inch screen. In addition, a phablet-sized model is also likely this year, carrying a 5.5 inch glass. Both sizes could see a jump in pixel density to 441ppi from the 326ppi found currently on the Apple iPhone 5s. The pair of new iPhone models are both said to be employing sapphire glass.
Other speculation about the Apple iPhone 6 states that the 8MP snapper on back will offer OIS. And the aperture will weigh in at f/1.8, which will result in better pictures in low-light conditions than those produced by the camera on the Apple iPhone 5s, which sports an aperture of f/2.2.
As usual with a story of this magnitude, open up the salt shaker and take this story with a grain of the stuff. We have a long way to go until the usual September release of the next-gen Apple iPhone and there will probably be plenty of more leaks ahead.
Alleged prototype of an Apple iPhone 6 case compared to the Apple iPhone 5 Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
LG G3 - 40 Tips & Tricks for LG's most powerful smartphone ever
25 Jul 2014, 01:36
5 Android L themes, launchers and icon packs to install while you wait
25 Jul 2014, 03:23
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
LG G3 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: vote for the better phone
25 Jul 2014, 06:01
The best Android browsers, 2014 edition: design, features, and performance
23 Jul 2014, 09:49
Here’s how to record screen video on Apple’s iPhone and iPad
25 Jul 2014, 09:11
Alleged prototype of an Apple iPhone 6 case compared to the Apple iPhone 5
1. Note the larger front screen
source: BlingMyThing, 9to5Mac via RedmondPie
1. quakan (Posts: 1140; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Getting rid of the dual led flash seems unlikely.
17. tuminatr (Posts: 656; Member since: 23 Feb 2009)
just a rumor at this point but you bring up a good point, probibly a fake
33. Finalflash (Posts: 1452; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Could be made round with bot flashes being semi-circular. But it is likely an ill thought out fake.
43. doosafety2 (Posts: 5; Member since: 29 Mar 2014)
only chuck norris has iphone with whole apple !!!
2. fzacek (Posts: 1242; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I really don't think that Apple will make the phablet model. A jump from only making a 4-inch phone to making a 5.5-inch phone seems unlikely. The 4.7-inch model is possible...
3. PBXtech (Posts: 966; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
And it wouldn't take much to release a much larger screen by simply reducing the large bezels. With that method they could still use the ridiculous "one hand operation" argument.
6. fzacek (Posts: 1242; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
They could do that, but obviously not for a 5.5-inch screen.
14. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5534; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I think the iP6 will have a 4.7 inch screen. 5.5 inches is a bit too far for one model jump. 3.5 inches grew to 4.0 inches. Growing to 4.7 inches is more credible than to 5.5 inches from 4.0. Maybe the iP7 goes to 5.5 from 4.7.
32. tedkord (Posts: 4282; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
But the home button takes up a large portion of the bottom bezel, and since it contains their new signature feature, that button likely isn't going away.
Even getting rid of the bezels, as the screen grows one handed operation becomes accessible to fewer people.
11. nctx77 (Posts: 445; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
If they only came out with a 5.5 inch screen, I would agree. The fact that they are rumored to come out with both 4.7 and 5.5 seems plausible.
4. zachattack (Posts: 533; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
It's kind of laughable how small the screens are in the iPhones. I completely forgot just how small, while at the mall today me and my friends stopped by the Apple store. I can't believe these phones sell so well lol. It's like they were made for dwarves
7. alterecho (Posts: 1056; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Some like phones to be small, some like it big. Personally, i feel phones NEED to be managable with one hand. Think of the people who can't use two hands to operate their phones.
28. zachattack (Posts: 533; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Maybe, but they are so tiny that it's crazy. The entire screen is just apps. It won't be any different if they make it bigger either but the size they are now is crazy! They look like kid toys I was seriously shocked. I even owned an iPhone 4s lol
8. Sauce (unregistered)
I have huge fu***** hands lol. It is more comfortable for me to hold in my hand (not HANDS, but HAND, although HANDS are equally comfortable) than my Note 2.
27. darkkjedii (Posts: 10122; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Mine aren't huge, but pretty large. I prefer holding my iPhone in one hand, versus my note. If they indeed go larger, I hope it's not too large. 5.5 would be my one hand limit. Luckily apple has ergonomics down to a science.
13. Darnelll (Posts: 16; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
I prefer android OS over iOS, but i like the size and design of the iphone better than any other phone. Im actually thinking about switching from my galaxy S3 to the next iPhone that comes out bc the S5 and new HTC one are too large for my liking. Im not sure how many people share my opinion, but I hope Apple realizes they're the only manufacturer offering a premium product in a compact design and that is attractive to customers.
20. alterecho (Posts: 1056; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Its a good thing Sony, too, has come up with a sane sized , beastly phone, in the form of Z1 Compact. Hope they too don't cross over the 4.3 inch mark.
The Z1 Compact and the iPhone are truly amazing. Perfect size, amazing performance.
5. PBXtech (Posts: 966; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Could be, but I'm leaning towards them making a larger screen while trying to keep the model small.
9. vijaysivakula (Posts: 162; Member since: 17 Aug 2011)
Steve Jobs must be turning in his grave.
This is so much against what he professed, declared and ridiculed all his productive life. Or he is going to come back to haunt Cook.
12. ihavenoname (Posts: 1260; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
He was a great visionary, but he had three beliefs, that were false.
-Nobody buys a big phone
-Nobody buys a compact tablet
And the fatal one: He underestimated the cancer he had.
19. Luuthian (Posts: 201; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Who's to say he is? This is the market trend. No matter how much he professed what he did, eventually he would have caved or taken the company with him.
Besides, he was a MASTER of spin. He could simply say "we reduced the side bezels thus making it easy to use with one hand" which would still allow him to justify his opinion.
10. AfterShock (Posts: 2124; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I bet we see more people dropping their phone then ever seen before if they make a bigger iPhone.
IPads don't really compare as most are seated when using one, usually..phone, not so much.
It ought to change everything.
15. PBXtech (Posts: 966; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
The great debate between the phone vs. the OS as the factor for determining what is purchased.
18. mr.techdude (Posts: 536; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
It's going replace my old wooden ruler, I'm woop excited for a high tech ruler.
21. The13thKing (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
16:9 screens actually looks small on a 4 inch device, I'd really like to see the good old 3:2 back .. I owned a 3GS and switched to a larger 4.0 Nokia E7 back then for the keyboard I found the screen to be really small compared to the 3.5 on the 3GS, I know they won't do that for iP6 but really a 4.7 screen will look bigger than a 5.0 one on a 3:2 aspect ration :/ anyways 4.7 will be good enough even at 16:9 .. think GS3 and One (M7) ..
22. techloverNYC (Posts: 368; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
why don't they just go with 5in and 5.5in? With 4.7 in they are still smaller than most flagship phones.
38. Neo_Huang (Posts: 286; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
So Apple can claim that their phone is smaller than "competitors", thus easier to use.
40. bucky (Posts: 1294; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I think it's more to do with the fact that most adults don't want a purse or laptop bag just carry a PHONE. I'll go 4.3 but after that it's just too much
46. techloverNYC (Posts: 368; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
I can fit a 5in phone in my pocket. Im a male 5'11 with average size hand.
23. r3trokiller (Posts: 17; Member since: 30 Mar 2014)
Didnt get iphone 5/5s due to its design. Its tooo narrow. Shall surely get one with 4.7 inches. Using 4s now.
24. nlbates66 (Posts: 278; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
possibly a case for a Chinese copy that got scaled up?
25. marlboro (Posts: 92; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
those bezels, ugh! huge bezels are factors for having difficulties of one hand use.
26. darkkjedii (Posts: 10122; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Tim, hook ya boy up with 3. A 128 gig, and 2 32 gig, 2 gold, and one black. See you in September.
44. darkkjedii (Posts: 10122; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
My wife my son, and myself are gonna use the "next " plan to upgrade. Should save a little doe.
29. Airforce (Posts: 62; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
i get bored an tired of all this Iphone THIS iphone THAT
what ever the NEWS OR DISPLAY SIZE
we all know ITS THE SAME MODEL LIKE the iphone 4....just wider screen nd upgraded processor
the Iphone is just a piece or upgraded junk to me
30. Arte-8800 (Posts: 3087; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
3 users are really upset and are in anger rage to attack ,,,,
34. nctx77 (Posts: 445; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
This is fake! See link below for actual drawings!
37. nctx77 (Posts: 445; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
The rounded edges and thinness is different.you are simply looking at the front plate. That model looks blocky and thick
36. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
Apple and OIS are a match made in hell. If a small OEM like HTC couldn't secure enough OIS units, how the hell will Apple secure enough units?
39. TrePharaoh (Posts: 21; Member since: 22 Oct 2013)
Fake; the camera and sensor are too close to the edge of the phone.
47. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
I dont believe these leaks bcuz we r 6 months away from event.
48. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 501; Member since: 20 May 2012)
So it begins once again..... the great iPhone release wars of 2014....