Alleged Samsung Galaxy S5 screenshot shows new TouchWiz UI with round, flat icons
0. phoneArena 12 Feb 2014, 05:20 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is expected to ship with a brand new, redesigned TouchWiz user interface, and this alleged first screenshot shows the design U-turn…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
Ok looks good but what about design??? if it looks like previous galaxy It will be bad for me
5. tech2 (Posts: 2046; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Only 12 more days till we find out ! #excited.
Gotta give props to Samsung for keeping a tight lid on the design aspect. After the Steve Jobs era, Samsung is probably the only company who is able to keep some secrets, if not all.
15. Shatter (Posts: 2024; Member since: 29 May 2013)
If it last 12 more days this will be the first major phone with no actual proof of the leaks before it is launched.
3. surethom (Posts: 257; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
Horrible flat basic & cheap looking icons.
13. emadshiny (Posts: 1131; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
They are trying to optimize it with their cheap designs!
24. Kyokado (Posts: 115; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
But if u make the icons pop out. They look like tits. Sammy aint ready for tities
28. technogardian (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
Samsung Copy Cat again copied ASHA icone. give a Hands on On ASHA 503.
4. ChildInTime (Posts: 8; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
Hey Samsung, Symbian called and asked for it's icons back.
6. tech2 (Posts: 2046; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Symbians icons weren't round. Nor were they so simple looking with white background. If anything iOS' icons look like Symbians'
9. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Really? C'mon, you can troll better, right?
19. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 636; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Ya right.. Circle is patent of Symbian (read Nokia)...
Think before commenting...
29. xfire99 (Posts: 504; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Sorry wrong number. This is the correct number to call:http://www.apple.com/ios/
7. phljcnth (Posts: 265; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
The screen is likely an LCD since Samsung doesn't use white menu for its devices with Super AMOLED displays. And if it's really an LCD then it's not the Galaxy S5.
14. Shatter (Posts: 2024; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Or Samsung may have cracked the secret to displaying white efficiently.
27. afegit (Posts: 37; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
are you a troll? these are obviously samsung's unique Tizen icons. The next gen touchwiz-equipped samsung is gona dominate 2014 and destroy all other manufacturers like nokia and HTC
10. banglazbless (Posts: 49; Member since: 05 Feb 2014)
This is everybody's doings but samsung smdh. These morans never quit
11. ameran (Posts: 16; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
I Love them because you feel much closer to the icons with your fingers. The reason is that samsung will use thinner display technology which makes you feel touching the stuff being shown on display. It will be amazing.
12. InspiredSkye (Posts: 10; Member since: 25 Jun 2013)
Why is it that hard for Samsung to make a nice looking minimal UI? So much money spent on lawsuits for mocking other company etc. and can't afford good designers? I have a Note 2 right now which is my third Samsung device and god damn, I really have enough of that ugly UI, although the phone works great.
20. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 636; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Have you seen Magazine UX on new samsung tablets???? Thats your answer..
16. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Isn't this the tizen ui? Am sure the tizen ui looked just like this.
18. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 425; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
iOS 7-ish settings menu except it's round rather than boxed.
22. newbey123 (Posts: 408; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
I see that a 3rd grader is still designing the Sammys UI. Oh well, just glad HTC is around.
23. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2005; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Seems a little iOS 7-esque
Wonder what Apple's lawyers will say about this.
25. Vanster (Posts: 124; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
hahaha flat icon i remember where it come first