Alleged Samsung Galaxy S III photo surfaces, showing a rectangular home button and five row interface
0. phoneArena 13 Apr 2012, 04:11 posted on
There is the physical home button underneath the display, which we recently learned has made its way into the front design at the last minute, as well as the rumored five row UI, similar to the Galaxy Note layout. In fact, Samsung has an R&D center in Poland, which leaked the Galaxy Note chillaxing in the metro in someone's hands before the official announcement, so this thing might have some dose of credibility to it...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. FoneAddict (Posts: 211; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
I hope this is NOT the S III. Looks like a mid tier model not a flagship.
54. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Fake! This is a picture of a Galaxy Note with the center button stretched out.
3. xenonn1 (Posts: 19; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I hope this is not the real one. Because its look like a brick.This could easily be note2.
45. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4494; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yeah I have to agree with you. This is just some mock-up only. The Samsung Galaxy S III will definitely not look like this! It's too dark & the shape is too plain for it to be their new flagship.
On another note, I really can't wait to see what the new Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will look like. That is going to be my next phone. I can wait a whole year for that phone. I really would love to see a 2.0 to 2.5GHz quad-core A-15 Exynos with 2GB of RAM with a 5.3" 1600x900 Super AMOLED+ HD screen. I am sorry but the Galaxy Note 2 will squash the Samsung Galaxy S III. Just like the Samsung Galaxy Note killed the Samsung Galaxy S II.
I WILL be skipping the Samsung Galaxy S III!
74. Walter.D.DROID (Posts: 25; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
now that's a comment/reply right there SuperAndroidEvo heheheh! i'm expecting the Samsung Galaxy Note II to have exactly those except for the screen size...5.5"-6.0" in a thin bezel maybe? hmmm dreams :D and about this fake SGS3.. a photoshoped SGS 1?? :@
46. andro. (Posts: 1974; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
I hope it isn't the gs3 either as if it is i'll get a htc one x instead,i like my phones to look different on each upgrade not iphone style incremental changes. Thats the beauty of android though,its not a one phone os,you can have several new top choices of handsets to pick from.
If Samsung has sent galaxy s3 phones to networks to performs network tests,however while the phones internals are the true internals the outward appearance is a fake box to keep the true design secret,then this is probably one of these tester handsets
50. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4494; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Exactly, that is what I am thinking also! They purposely make the test units ugly so they can't be leaked out.
Apple is the only company who likes to leave their "so called" test phones (more like final units) at the bar & so on! lol
4. Mr.Best (Posts: 79; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
It'll be illogical for that to be the SGS3...it's too close to the Note.
13. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
kind of weird to be thinking that a Note 2 is already being made since the past Note was based on the S2. The first note's specs were more of an exaggeration of the specs of the S2.
The Note also, is a sexy device and was just currently a hit. I hope this isn't a note 2, and I also hope this isn't the SGS III.
it actually looks like a bigger S2 combined with the first Galaxy S' design elements - so there is a possibility that this may be the SGS 3. just a possibility. i'm still hoping it isn't.
72. smallcolabear (Posts: 81; Member since: 18 Feb 2012)
however the razr came out with the maxx shortly after to improve battery life so its not completely out of the question.
5. kobainez (Posts: 302; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
LOL Samsung always made ugly ass phone design...
56. matrix_neo (Posts: 323; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Yeah maybe but why is it still millions of people owning Samsung phones??!! They already over taken Nokia, really doesn't care the design, people buy Samsung phones because its unique features. Galaxy s 3 once launch, it will set a new trend again.
47. 0o0blackstar0o0 (Posts: 86; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Yeah id say that also but the home key is different on the note . And their is either a sensor or camera on both sides in that picture, the note has the sensors and camera all on the right side .
9. Ridwan.yahya (Posts: 20; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
boring design all over again...i hope it's fake...c'mon samsung, don't be to conservative with ur design. i think Sony and Nokia make better design on their latest flagship...
70. LoneShaolin (Posts: 307; Member since: 14 Jan 2012)
Yeah, about as boring as an iDevice.......
10. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
well this is fugly, I expected more from previous pictures and this looks like big SGS II...in the end it will turn out that LG has the best design because i love those square designs :)
48. 0o0blackstar0o0 (Posts: 86; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
home key is different on the note . And their is either a sensor or camera on both sides in that picture, the note has the sensors and camera all on the right side .
12. Veigald (Posts: 249; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
Worst fake I've seen for a while. The guy making it didn't even know how to align things in Photoshop, ref the icons and blue stripe...
14. Erithum (Posts: 5; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
If S3 comes out with that design, I'll choose HTC One X. This Design is s**t
17. wendygarett (unregistered)
i would choose iphone4s :)
29. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
One simple example of this site is too filed with iPhone hating crowd . SEE
All Wendy says that if that's the real s3 she would buy the iPhone 4s and see how many thumbs down she gets
Most consumer when buying a smartphone will consider either the iPhone , galaxy or HTC line up yet most users of this site have clearly something against the iPhone for no reason
33. GellerDoesDallas (Posts: 50; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
Wrong!!! Two reasons 1. She's trolling
2. The majority of the people on this site hate Apple because of the way they handle buisness, noboby likes pantent trolls understand.
52. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
gellerdoesdallas : if you say she's trolling than you also indirectly mean that the guy that say that he will take the OneX if thast the real design of the S3 is also trolling .
44. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
If someone said I would get a Fiat 300 over an Audi R8, I would totally dislike their comment. Same case here ^_^
53. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Ramy : what ? An 4s is defitnatly not a fiat 300
i know it looks dated besides the OneX but hey retina display and dual core
more like the battle of 911 vs r8
49. eaxvac (Posts: 328; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
One fine example of fandroid, look at the amount of thumbs down on your post. Shame on you speaking on an ifan.
15. Ubi2447 (Posts: 131; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
If you notice the shadows you can see how angular beveling is on the back. The 'home button' and the ear speaker look photo-shopped to hell.... I mean the ear speaker doesn't even line up with the straight angle of the top edge and the shading that it has seems a bit kooky.... and now that I look at it the home button doesn't line up with the bottom edge either. It seems to me like a doctored image of the note if I've ever seen one. Don't be fooled by this.
Too much time with photo editing leads me to pretty much guarantee that this is a fake.
16. procoder (Posts: 10; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
Apex launcher on note with widened button...nothing else..
18. kastor (Posts: 43; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
samsung suck again,if this is ther flagship tehy will fall down,look on htc or sonys new flagships,or nokia,they realy see waht we need and they try to make something new,samsung only copy their own phones.XD
19. wendygarett (unregistered)
SHUT UP!!! SAMSUNG IS NOW KING OF THE PHONES!!! :D
35. Juggernaut1973 (Posts: 4; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
Only thing I can say about your stupid comment is that you are a MORON.
21. nicknack84 (Posts: 15; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
Maybe this is a Galaxy Note for Sprint. They did goof and show a picture of a note in an ad on their website a couple days ago. One can dream right?
24. PostalJim (Posts: 46; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)
The entire screen display is photoshopped onto the chasis crooked. Pretty easy to see it's a fake. Try harder next time. Patience might pay dividends in believability.
26. JSern (Posts: 282; Member since: 22 May 2011)
Look at all the rages above me
YOU WANT RAGE?!?! YOU'VE GOT RAGE. YOU WANTED TRUE RAGE. NOW I'M RAGING FOR REAL. YOU HAVEN'T SEEN RAGE BEFORE TILL YOU WITTNESSED RAGE SUCH AS THIS I AM RAGING INFINITY SUNS. THOUSAND DRAGON VOMIT YOUR ASS!
27. gemstar60 (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
This Really Looks Like The Galaxy S WiFi 4.2 ,,,isn't it ??
28. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
The leaked i9300 looks better
30. rg987 (Posts: 130; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
THIS IS THE OLD "SAMSUNG GALAXY S" FOR SURE. THE PHONE WITH DIRTY LOOKS
31. babyk (Posts: 224; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
IN my opinion and as usual htc will always have better look than galaxy. Galaxy s3 will be same cheap material plasticky crap. And please dont waste ur time reading news about alleged photos of galaxy s3 from phone arena bla bla bla wait for the unit when its released then we all will be happy. Reading news here and there about hundreds of alleged galaxys s3 makes no sense
34. remixfa (Posts: 14223; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
it looks like the white render from a month ago with a slightly wider home button. the icons do look off, so its probably just a well done fake.
what do you guys think its going to look like? Its going to be a large rectangle that is almost all screen. Only so many things you can do with that :). The beauty is when you holding it with the RGB HD screen smiling back at you and knowing it hides the most powerful phone chipset on the planet under that beautiful screen.
57. sadaivadai (Posts: 156; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I just have a question for you . Will you buy Galaxy SIII if the design loos like this but all other specs true ?
60. remixfa (Posts: 14223; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yes .. that's not far off from what I'd expect anyways. I don't know what you guys are thinking its going to look like but I'd bet its a dark slab with slim bezels ... but probably without the obnoxious home key.. pretty much 95% like this picture.
62. remixfa (Posts: 14223; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
most Samsung designs are low key to draw your eyes to the screen. I'd rather look at the screen then marvel at the bezel or some other meaningless bit of fashion.
screen+power+ camera+mod versatility are the only things I look at .. the sgs3 is going to be filled with all of that.
36. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
I'm pretty sure it's not the SIII but rather a test mule for the software/hardware. And if I'm wrong, it still makes sense for Samsung to keep this hidden in the dark. They don't want their "hunchback" seeing the light of day.
37. SherlockHolmes (Posts: 125; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
It is definitely not the Samsung Galaxy S III but when it is out it would be for sure Ugly close to it !!
So prepare for the WORST !!
Holding in hands the SGS II is like playing with a cheap plastic 5 $ TOY !!!
38. JBz007 (Posts: 63; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
I have to go with fake. As others have said there are just too many things wrong with this pic. The slanted-ness of everything gives it away.
39. BharathV (Posts: 4; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
I Phone 5 Coming as 4'' inch .But Samsung III Look Like 5'' inch Phone .I am Comfortable to buy IPHONE 5 ???????????????????? I think Still Fake Photo
41. sonisoe (Posts: 342; Member since: 06 May 2009)
lackluster design, not what samsung promised..hopefully the battery is awesome as they promised...i dont doubt the specs thog, they'll be awesome from inside (the chip) outside (screen resolution, camera)...