Alleged Optimus G sequel G Pro specs leak again, this time with picture and dimensions
0. phoneArena posted on 18 Jan 2013, 02:05
The Optimus G sequel specs have leaked again as coming to grace NTT DoCoMo's portfolio. The handset is actually called LG Optimus G Pro, and, since G2 was only a speculative title for the sequel, G Pro is what it may end up be called indeed...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. GeekMovement posted on 18 Jan 2013, 02:07 8 0
Wow so much competition as the 5inch 1080p display becomes standard for high end devices. This makes me excited because there will be a great variety to select from.
5. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 18 Jan 2013, 02:44 1 1
H2 and S4 Pro? by then there should be S800?
23. skymitch89 posted on 18 Jan 2013, 08:15 6 0
What are you saying? This makes no sense as a response to the person you replied to.
33. dan86 posted on 18 Jan 2013, 10:57 0 0
Yep 1080p is gonna be the standard but I feel display technology have moved at quite fast pace. Don't know what year 2014 hold for us?
35. moronman66 posted on 20 Jan 2013, 20:37 0 0
2014... My prediction is we will perfect 1440p 5.3 inch screens and have octa-core as the standard for high end, whatever the next generation after Cotrex A15 will be. RAM, 3 or 4 GB, and I'm guessing considerably better front and rear facing cameras (4K anyone?). Hopefully Battery technology can catch up, I heard about this battery that was made of Tin anodes or someting like that that charged faster and lasted way longer, hopefully that? Someday... I'm wondering what the iPhone will have by then o.o
36. hellt1M posted on 22 Jan 2013, 00:05 0 0
we will have the iphone 6. it will feature a 13 megapixal camera and ios8. but thats not all. they will improve siri and create their own video streaming service like youtube. it will fail and google will release youtube for the iphone again and it will outsell the galaxy s5.
oh and they will give it a faster dual core processor.
oh and it will be innovative
4. XperiaUser posted on 18 Jan 2013, 02:33 11 2
yup 3000mAh battery is looking promising , but i m still with Xperia Z :D
15. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 18 Jan 2013, 04:45 6 3
yea the 3000 mAh battery is really the only thing that caught my eye.......but so does the SONY brand and it being WATERPROOF as well as its HDR CAMERA! lol
So sony it is for me but good job LG for staying up to date :)
20. papss posted on 18 Jan 2013, 06:56 1 0
I am actually a fan of LG as of this year. They have stepped it up. I bet this thing will scream
34. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 18 Jan 2013, 16:21 0 0
is the xperia z coming out to the united states of apple? cuz id really love to have it and slap some iPhone owners with it
17. pyradark posted on 18 Jan 2013, 06:09 4 0
its LG's Moment, Lets all respect that
waahh cant wait for Xperia Z :))))
28. OptimusOne posted on 18 Jan 2013, 09:35 1 0
same here. its LG's UI that is pissing me off,
and Sony is more friendly to bootloader unlocks, custom roms, and aosp project
Can't wait to get Xperia Z with stock android(or CM11)
26. ubuntu posted on 18 Jan 2013, 08:40 0 0
It is the reason why this phone has 10.1 mm thisckness
3. galanoth posted on 18 Jan 2013, 02:30 5 1
S4 Pro was a 2012 chip.
Hopefully LG can get the snapdragon 800 in there by launch.
32. imkyle posted on 18 Jan 2013, 10:27 0 0
I agree. But if the 1.5GHz S4 got 7300+ on quadrant imagine what a 1.7GHz would get?
7. Guest_star posted on 18 Jan 2013, 03:00 6 0
I highly doubt the chip will be anything less than snapdragon800...mb t4 but I think snapdragon 800, if it is not snapdragon 800 LG wont be able to compeete with Samsun galaxy S4 and whatever HTC will have to ofer.
Mb this optimus G pro is the thing LG will unveil at MWC next month, but not in H2 of 2013, no way, hopefully I'm right :)
9. XperiaUser posted on 18 Jan 2013, 03:10 3 1
but snapdragon 800 will not come before Q3 . so this is the only most powerful chip at this time , and this is not fair to give a pro version for G2 with this "NOT SO BIG" improvement
12. Guest_star posted on 18 Jan 2013, 03:15 0 0
S4 pro came in Q3 yet LG had it in september as I recal, so optimus G will be a year old then when snapdragon 800 gets awilable, perfect time for upgrade for new US holiday season with snapdragon 800...
8. jackhammeR posted on 18 Jan 2013, 03:02 5 0
stop whinning like babies. S4 pro at 1.7 is still amazigly powerful cpu.
10. Guest_star posted on 18 Jan 2013, 03:13 2 4
it is, but it is not powerful enough to compete against T4 and exynos quad or octa or what ever will sammsung put in their S4 and NOTE3, specialy on the GPU side of things
21. papss posted on 18 Jan 2013, 06:59 1 0
If this comes out relatively soon it will still be fine as we all know they won't just have one phone this year.
22. Guest_star posted on 18 Jan 2013, 07:06 1 0
true dat, but id prefer t4 :D for braging rights or s4 prime
24. jackhammeR posted on 18 Jan 2013, 08:16 4 0
do you live according to benchmarks? I don't like android but jb on optimus g or nexus is buttery smooth (mostly, which in that case means 99%). There are no apps which could use the full power of dual cores, not to mention even quads. Its is more than enough to provide you with blazing fast experience.
31. Guest_star posted on 18 Jan 2013, 10:26 0 0
MULTITASKING is the word here :D
bigger RAM and more powerfull procesors with more cores=better mulitasking abilities, and android needs this because it has true multitasking ulike iOS and W8 where apps in the background do nothing on android the actually work, its a good thing and a bad thing at the same time...
25. skymitch89 posted on 18 Jan 2013, 08:17 0 0
I would say that going with Optimus G Pro is a good thing, considering how T-Mobile had the G2x by LG and seeing how "well" it was adopted and "liked".
37. lallolu posted on 22 Jan 2013, 01:39 0 0
This is a year of big batteries...AT LAST.
LG just killed optimus G which is about to be released in Europe. Now, people like me will wait instead for optimus G Pro.