Alleged Image of Samsung Galaxy S IV was up on Picasa for nearly a month
0. phoneArena 22 Jan 2013, 11:45 posted on
A press image of the highly anticipated Samsung Galaxy S IV has apparently been up on Picasa, hiding in plain sight during nearly a month after being put up by a student in Hong Kong with no connections to Samsung on December 27th, 2012; the picture even has the correct model number of the phone, “Galaxy S IV GT-I9500 Product Image,” which now is expected to be introduced in late March and launched the following month...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
11. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6894; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I will wait tlil their OFFICIAL PRESS CONFERENCE.
13. kozza3 (Posts: 581; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
they should really get rid of the home button
63. JunitoNH (Posts: 1095; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Samsung will do so, when Apple removes their.
21. mick25 (banned) (Posts: 110; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Yeah we all know you're ugly. Deal with it
20. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
This is it.. completely logical evolution of design.
But home button on S3 is perfectly elegant, this one is just generic
43. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
lets face it samsung are great at making powerful devices with excellent specs but drop the ball on design and build quality.
and with sony's offering samsung need to improve in those areas fast
better design is needed
52. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Lol, yes I'm serious.. the home button on S3 is perfect elegant.
The chrome rim is gorgeous actually.
I advise you to take a good long look up close
53. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
not this crap again, you trying to make the s3 sound like a piece of art
news flash the s3 is no design winner, look at sony they lead in design, nokia also do well in this department even LG but samsung dont.
so i suggest you take another look and stop been so over the top with your love for your phone
54. maccess (Posts: 644; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
but at least most of the reviewer agree that the s3 is the most comfortable phone to hold.. the sony or nokia might be has better design but honestly i never like a phone with sharp edge... :)
59. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"but at least most of the reviewer agree that the s3 is the most comfortable phone to hold..."
I have watched many Samsung Galaxy S III reviews and have heard a bit opposite that it is not very firm lie in the palm and I agree with that.
60. maccess (Posts: 644; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
you better watch from technobuffalo , phonedog , mkbhd or androidauthority.. all of them praise the form factor and the comfort of the s3...
27. TheBeaconProject (Posts: 7; Member since: 11 Dec 2012)
Am I the only one who prefers the home button? I like physically pressing a button as opposed to the on-screen home button google likes to use
Also, why use on-screen nav buttons but have just as much bezel on the bottom as any other phone using capacitive buttons
51. abchco123 (Posts: 12; Member since: 06 Aug 2012)
Ughh I hate onscreen buttons, They take away space from the screen and they're ugly.
71. Diego! (Posts: 526; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
I agree with both of you guys. No screen buttons for me either! :D
31. KickRocks (Posts: 121; Member since: 22 Mar 2011)
If this is my next phone............Consider it sold baby!!
34. mick25 (banned) (Posts: 110; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
the curve at the bottom gives it much nicer shape than the s3/n2, like that galaxy premier
35. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
design is more interesting than S3, but still can be better.
36. techguy22 (Posts: 227; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
yeah it could be better. man, im so excited for this. kinda bored with my S3 already.
41. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
if this real,
this design better than current s3.
samsung made design looks like samsung wave 3 (bada phone)
i think i skip for next year model,
for now my sgs 3 enough, because i don't use it much now, to busy, have no time to find new apps and games
44. abchco123 (Posts: 12; Member since: 06 Aug 2012)
I hope this is the actual design. I really like it ! :)
47. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 878; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Hmmm, I hope it will look better than that, looks narrower than S3, but that might be due to the longer display.
Either way this is guaranteed to be THEE Android of 2013 with a chipset like that and further improvements to Samsungs TW5.0 and its incredible multitasking abilities. :)
56. Google99 (Posts: 17; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)
This pictures looks reasonable to the other article that was posted with a leaked unoffcial picture of the GALAXY S IV by phonearena, i personally think that Samsung should start changing their design on the phone because the S IV looks a little like the Note 2 and im not a big fan of the track pad
61. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
thank good for smart OEMs like LG and sammsung, they keep they navigation keys separate, outside the screen, onscreen buttons are such a waste of space imho...specialy because all OEMs leave botom bezel huge than why not use it for navigation keys
64. pyradark (Posts: 795; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
same old boring look, i like the render one on S3 last year, i just thought that was the best design of samsung, but when S3 comes, YAk :)
I thought sammy hired great designer this time
68. Diego! (Posts: 526; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
I like it very much! :D The only thing I'm kinda concerned is the button. I wish they had left the one that comes in Galaxy S III But it's a nice phone, very Samsung! :)
75. papss (unregistered)
That looks terrible...seriously people it looks like a taller s3...
76. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 805; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
To be honest I kinda like that design.
89. N-fanboy (Posts: 538; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Never taught i'd say this about a samsung phone but that looks beautifullll!!!
94. geordie8t1 (unregistered)
i will hold judgement till this phone is announced, while it looks ok, im sure the final design will be better then this, i have all the galaxy s models so far, sgs, sgs2,sgs3, sgsLTE and am waiting for sgs4, for me its is personally the best phone out for what it does for my needs, people who complain at the materials, i dont see anything wrong with them, it makes for a light slim device, i am usually careful with my phones, but only the other day i dropped my grey sgs3 and scuffed the back panel on the road side, went on ebay picked up a replacement for like £8, dont think the other premium smart phones would be so easily replaced, i was happy, i would like some kick ass sensor in the back tho for photography, while the sgs3 is good for snapping there are better camera phones out there, i would also happily sacrifice the home button, maybe move it to the side and give it camera button functionality as standard,
if it is true about octa big little core then it will be a beast, increase the ram and give us 64gb storage as standard, 16gb and even 32 is starting to be old and small for todays consumer i think, games are getting bigger, apps are bigger, hell even downloads from online media are increasing,