Alleged Ice Cream Sandwich screenshots leaked
- Camera has a panorama mode
- Comes pre-loaded with Shopper to take advantage of NFC
- Gmail will be completely re-themed
- Search bar embedded on top like Honeycomb
- Menu for adding apps/widgets looks more like Honeycomb
- Since it's mostly UI changes, it's likely ICS will run on most phones
1. dfe110 posted on 11 Aug 2011, 17:07 0 0
is is works on samsung galaxy gt-i5800?or my phone is too old?
32. megamrambo posted on 14 Aug 2011, 12:31 0 0
Skrew Ice Cream Sandwich I want Short Bread Cookie. lol
3. Joshing4fun posted on 11 Aug 2011, 17:19 1 1
Too bad nobody will get it on there current phone except for the few Nexus owners.
4. remixfa posted on 11 Aug 2011, 17:21 0 0
that looks a lot like 80% of current GalaxyS roms out there.. even has the same galaxyS live background. Looks the same but with some alternate screens.
I say FAKE.
If it was ICS, where is the native on screen function buttons? Its not that hard to fake phone info like the kernel version
7. MichaelHeller posted on 11 Aug 2011, 17:38 0 0
Presumably on-screen function buttons would only show up on a device without capacitive buttons. It would be silly to have duplicates taking up extra screen space on older devices.
The images do seem suspect though.
27. remixfa posted on 11 Aug 2011, 22:38 2 0
While thats true, I still wouldn't consider that pic as real. Sniggs made a good point about the version number which seals the deal on its lack of authenticity.
Thanks sniggs, I totally smacked myself for not seeing that initially.. lol Thats one of those "how did i miss it" things. ;)
5. Sniggly posted on 11 Aug 2011, 17:25 7 0
This came out of the fakery oven. Google never puts the nickname in the Android version field. It's always the accompanying version number.
6. MichaelHeller posted on 11 Aug 2011, 17:34 1 0
I knew something looked odd about that picture. Edited the article, you're definitely right on that.
12. Sniggly posted on 11 Aug 2011, 17:58 6 0
Thanks, Michael! You listen to user input AND you gave me credit for seeing the clue! Just two more reasons you're my favorite writer on the site! :)
Okay, done kissing ass now. ;)
24. MichaelHeller posted on 11 Aug 2011, 20:33 2 0
There's always value in the crowd. I know you guys will see things I don't. The comments help me be a better writer.
That said, I'm a little surprised no one noticed the kernel version number issue. I didn't even notice until I checked my Nexus One and saw that even Cyanogen uses a newer kernel than was listen in that image.
25. Sniggly posted on 11 Aug 2011, 21:58 0 0
Sadly, I'm not technical enough to have noticed the kernel number. Which is why you're writing the articles and I'm not. :)
I'm sure that given enough time someone else probably would've spotted the kernel issue as well.
14. Sniggly posted on 11 Aug 2011, 18:04 3 1
On a side note, I'm still excited to see what Ice Cream Sandwich ends up looking like, especially with manufacturer skins over it. And I really, really hope my Atrix is eligible for the update.
26. remixfa posted on 11 Aug 2011, 22:35 0 0
I really hope that google starts putting at least some minor limitations on skins if they want ICS. I also hope.. and i'm pretty sure i wont get it, that ICS will only be backwards compatable with dual core phones or single core hummingbird processors at bare minimum. Sorry, but that whole "fragmentation" issue could easily be solved with those 2 limits going forward. It wont stop it over night of course, but it can make it nearly disappear within the next year or so.
Put ICS on the tablets and high end android phones and leave gingerbread on the budget guys. That would make it easier on Devs and buyers alike.
8. rican posted on 11 Aug 2011, 17:38 1 0
looks like a wannabe rom, like remixfa said its tooo much like touchwiz and sniggly is right about the android version...at least it looks clean but still fake.
10. biophone posted on 11 Aug 2011, 17:48 0 0
Its is a preproduction build though so who knows. It definitely could be fake though.
11. Jasonhunterx posted on 11 Aug 2011, 17:58 0 0
But google hasnt given it offical number yet so y wouldnt it just be nickname this is a very early version of it imo
13. Sniggly posted on 11 Aug 2011, 18:01 0 0
I've never seen Google put anything but a version number in that field, even in leaked screenshots prerelease. And believe me, I've watched leaks like this for over a year. ;)
15. Jasonhunterx posted on 11 Aug 2011, 18:10 2 1
Ok but remember this is a whole new world of android now they may be handling things diffrently since this is suppose to combine phones an tabs together an the pull down is diffrent look at the X
19. biophone posted on 11 Aug 2011, 18:34 0 0
I saw the android police article said google doesn't know what version number it is yet and that is why it isn't displayed. They haven't decided.
9. Tmachaveli posted on 11 Aug 2011, 17:40 0 0
yeah it is a fake to me..nice try P.A, not buying it
16. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 11 Aug 2011, 18:12 3 0
Don't blame PA, it all over the internet. PA is just posting this like everything else is.
Anyway, it's def a fake. ICS is going to look much more like honeycomb, just made for your cell phone.
17. Jasonhunterx posted on 11 Aug 2011, 18:16 0 0
I dont think its fake look at second screenshot why does it say apps an widgets at the top i dont think its market cuz also if u look at bottom you can see that there are regualr icons an apps that are preinstalled that screenshot is strange
20. Sniggly posted on 11 Aug 2011, 18:42 1 0
It honestly looks to me like a modded Touchwiz. It's not different enough to be Honeycomb.
21. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 11 Aug 2011, 19:36 1 0
Yea it is def a fake. I know ICS is going to be a huge difference and this is hardly nothing at all.
23. Thump3rDX17 posted on 11 Aug 2011, 19:57 3 0
yerp, definitely fake. THE MASTERS OF PHONE ARENA HAVE SPOKEN! WE BANISH YOU LYING NEXUS! >:P
18. Moo (unregistered) posted on 11 Aug 2011, 18:17 0 0
I think its a fake but can't wait for the real thing to go with my Nexus S
28. p0rkguy posted on 12 Aug 2011, 00:41 0 0
Worst part about Android is that anybody can make their phone look and say anything it wants it to.
I really do hope those are fakes. Dead giveaway would be that Nexus S is GT-i902X.
Latest kernel I have is 22.214.171.124 and I haven't even updated anything on my phone for about 2 months.
Those screen shots have to be old and done by a developer/modder to be running such an old kernel.
29. JayRaj posted on 12 Aug 2011, 01:13 0 0
If this is original; we will soon see a change in the top smartphone OS!! Hahaha!!
30. android_hitman posted on 12 Aug 2011, 01:41 0 0
bulls**t! .. it's a custom ROM with ADW launcher .. hahahah FAAAAAAAKE