Alleged Galaxy Note 3 photo pops out, revealing the battery
1. TheOldOne (Posts: 112; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
did I said PhoneArena has the worst watermarks? Well, this one is even worst!
21. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Happy with the perfect square design this time. Got sick of those round corners.
3. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1106; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Its looks more squarish but i thought it be more like s4 "designed for humans"
i hope Sammy change their design which is not going to happen till next year or so...
i hate to say that Samsung design sucks where htc/sony/nokia shines....
hope they get it right , they are pretty good in all other department (my opinion though)
4. nobelset (Posts: 270; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Finally a non brainwashed fanboy/hater comment. I agree, the design department is really pulling the phones' sales down. First impressions are, weather you like it or not, important. Btw, cute cat. Here, +1 for you.
7. tango_charlie (Posts: 101; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
1. Change the design of the phones, make them feel more premium
2. Change the TouchWiz UI, give up that cartoonish look and let the Stock UI shine
3. Take my money!
22. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
9. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Don't worry not the Galaxy Note Trois, just removed the back cover of my Note 2 and there is no way that the hideous image above is that of a Samsung Galaxy Note series device. I think PhoneArena just wants page hits today and, sadly, they are realizing that their daily bombardment of Apple stories have forced readers elsewhere. Even there recent Apple articles have garnered much lower excitement by way of posts than they once did. Or, could it be that there recent new practice of hiding posts they don't agree with has made for a very BORING read. Don't get wrong, I love PhoneArena (and, one day, hope to marry Michael H.) but the site has turned too socialistic and there's no freedom of expression; I feel like I'm in Cuba and the only way to be appropriate is by saying how absolutely wonderful Castro is or, in this case, how ingenious Apple is. Comment hidden in 5-4-3.....
10. deventure (Posts: 25; Member since: 15 Apr 2012)
assuming its a development unit and for testing hardware, not the actual design
5. ajac09 (Posts: 1369; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
omg we know it has a battery!! pointless leak
6. nobelset (Posts: 270; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Actually it reveals much more than the battery. Though this isn't 100% authentic(I think)
8. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Why wouldn't the Note III be equipped with micro SIM and microSD?
19. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
There is a wee bit more real estate in the Note III.
11. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
13. goprochyo (Posts: 8; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
it must to be more than 3500 mAh if samsung wanna sell well again across the world.
14. k1ng617 (Posts: 264; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
If it is a note 3, it's a prototype people.
15. horsecock (unregistered)
People will ALWAYS find something to bitch about. Once Sammy changes his design on the upcoming S5, you better believe people will find something new to cry about. Some people will NEVER be satisfied...
25. gamblor77 (Posts: 82; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
In all fairness all iPhone users are 100% satisfied...but that's only because they're told to be ;)
16. tedkord (Posts: 5897; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Assuming Samsung goes with an Amoled display on this beast, the size doesn't matter, since individual pixels power up. It's not like an LCD where you need a bigger back light for a bigger screen.
A 6 inch Amoled should use roughly the same power as a 4 inch with the same resolution and showing the same image.
17. tedkord (Posts: 5897; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
And the same brightness/power settings, of course.
23. k1ng617 (Posts: 264; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Why doesn't that sound feasible. How can a larger screen with the same res use the same power? Wouldn't a larger pixel draw more juice?
18. Santi_Santi (unregistered)
Because of a battery? really? it was really necesary?
20. rallyguy (Posts: 596; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
No way to verify since I believe this is a test unit. I doubt the N3 will be this square, so this could be anything.
24. gamblor77 (Posts: 82; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
So frustrating! How the hell in this day and age are we still getting blurry pics of phone leaks? Is it just part of the tradition, or do these guys work in a frikin dungeon with flickering fluorescent lights or what? I have to assume most leaks these days are staged by the company themselves to build hype. Well let me tell you Samsung, it WORKED! Take my money immediately!
26. gamblor77 (Posts: 82; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
This phone either has an INSANE battery or something doesn't add up here (maybe the picture is really skewed or photoshopped I don't know?).
I took the pic above and a pic of the Note 2 internals and compared them. I used the SIM slot as a point of reference and drew a line over the length and width. I then copied/pasted each of those lines width and length wise over the battery (to see how many SIM cards long/wide it was). The idea was to get a rough size of the battery in comparison to the Note 2.
Here are my findings:
Length: 4.5 SIM cards
Width: 3.5 SIM cards
Lenth: 7x SIM cards
Unless the Note 3 battery is 30% thinner than the Note 2 battery; the one in the picture above would be roughly 5100mah.
Not to mention there is a strip of black just above the symbols at the bottom of the battery that doesn't look right, like it was photoshopped. I'm calling this a fake, but still hopefull the Note 3 has at least a 3500mah battery.