Alleged FirefoxOS 2.0 screenshots show thoroughly revamped user interface
0. phoneArena 09 Apr 2014, 07:59 posted on
Chinese developers have leaked screenshots of Firefox OS 2.0, showing a thoroughly revamped look that's reminiscent of both Android (and the so-called Project Hera) and Apple's very successfull iOS 7. The latest available version of Firefox OS is 1.3...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. troutsy (Posts: 296; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
I guess they didn't get the memo on using a dark theme to conserve battery.
7. bestmvno (Posts: 244; Member since: 07 Mar 2014)
Some people prefer light themes, and dark themes really only preserve battery on AMOLED displays
2. hassoups (Posts: 467; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
it's a copy of iOS7, but it looks even better imo
18. dorian827 (Posts: 132; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
iOS7 is a copy of Windows Phone metro and Android, flat icons and UI.
9. tasior (Posts: 263; Member since: 04 Nov 2012)
I'm still waiting for a nice lightweight system, that is open for everything... So go Firefox.
16. housry23 (Posts: 117; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
I agree and even with some Windows Phone 8 in there. I would guess this is a fake. Someone just combined these 3 OS's. Of course, I'm only speculating, but it just looks too much like parts picked from each UI, combined and made into 1.
11. csoulr666 (Posts: 98; Member since: 04 Nov 2013)
It is a really good redesign considering the current UI looks really crappy. Finally porting the OS on an Android device will make much more sense
12. bakarock (Posts: 53; Member since: 29 Aug 2013)
D@mn, it's good, except the CHILDISH homescreen icons...
14. iMemo (Posts: 110; Member since: 22 Feb 2014)
Mmm... Digging the look. Not a fun of round icons though.
15. gowilliam (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Apr 2014)
Font looks a lot like Nokia sans, doesn't it?
17. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1095; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Looks like Firefox OS did a fusion with iOS 7 and Sailfish OS somehow got their keyboard in the mix
19. dorian827 (Posts: 132; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
I think the Firefox OS will prevail, they propose affordability, compatibility and usability. Also the UI looks excellent compared to clunky Android and iOS.