Alleged FirefoxOS 2.0 screenshots show thoroughly revamped user interface
Chinese developers have leaked screenshots of Firefox OS 2.0, showing a thoroughly revamped look that's reminiscent of both Android (and the so-called Project Hera) and Apple's iOS 7 (especially the lock-screen). The latest available version of Firefox OS is 1.3, while developers are working with a preview of version 1.4, so if these shots really are from v2, then that's quite the version jump!
Sadly, we couldn't find any more information about the leaks or other details around them. These screenshots and their debatable authenticity are all we have for now. Hopefully, we'll get to know more about where Mozilla is going with its mobile operating system. This UI really good, and having a well-crafted user experience on entry-level (and otherwise cheap) handsets is quite enticing.
Firefox OS 2.0 - New UI?
2. Lock-screen (very iOS 7)
3. E-mail client
6. Multimedia - gallery, music
1. troutsy (Posts: 258; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
I guess they didn't get the memo on using a dark theme to conserve battery.
7. bestmvno (Posts: 144; Member since: 07 Mar 2014)
Some people prefer light themes, and dark themes really only preserve battery on AMOLED displays
2. hassoups (Posts: 339; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
it's a copy of iOS7, but it looks even better imo
18. dorian827 (Posts: 126; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
iOS7 is a copy of Windows Phone metro and Android, flat icons and UI.
9. tasior (Posts: 212; Member since: 04 Nov 2012)
I'm still waiting for a nice lightweight system, that is open for everything... So go Firefox.
16. housry23 (Posts: 79; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
I agree and even with some Windows Phone 8 in there. I would guess this is a fake. Someone just combined these 3 OS's. Of course, I'm only speculating, but it just looks too much like parts picked from each UI, combined and made into 1.
11. csoulr666 (Posts: 88; Member since: 04 Nov 2013)
It is a really good redesign considering the current UI looks really crappy. Finally porting the OS on an Android device will make much more sense
12. bakarock (Posts: 52; Member since: 29 Aug 2013)
D@mn, it's good, except the CHILDISH homescreen icons...
14. iMemo (Posts: 102; Member since: 22 Feb 2014)
Mmm... Digging the look. Not a fun of round icons though.
15. gowilliam (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Apr 2014)
Font looks a lot like Nokia sans, doesn't it?
17. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 713; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Looks like Firefox OS did a fusion with iOS 7 and Sailfish OS somehow got their keyboard in the mix
19. dorian827 (Posts: 126; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
I think the Firefox OS will prevail, they propose affordability, compatibility and usability. Also the UI looks excellent compared to clunky Android and iOS.