Alleged Apple iPhone 6 front panel leaks, corroborates 4.7-inch display size
1. shuaibhere (Posts: 1927; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
That looks too big for a 4.7 inch screen...
8. hurrycanger (Posts: 1499; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
maybe because it's not in 16:9? (and it's held closer to the camera)
It looks like the same size as the LG Optimus G and Nexus 4 to me, which phones are also 4.7".
16. nlbates66 (Posts: 318; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
remember, we tend to forget how tiny the current iPhone's are because we're used to our large android display sizes. :)
23. Tommy1960i (Posts: 106; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
This is true. For a 2014 phone it needs thinner bezels.
31. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I agree. Looks like a Note 2 vs. A iPhone 5.
4. bbblader (Posts: 588; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
clearly samsung copied it and then returned back in time to show it in the galaxy s4
3. MarkArigayo (Posts: 240; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
Those thin side-bezel looks like G2. Yes, Apple intensely is copying G2 design. It's great crime on modern tech.
34. SleepingOz (unregistered)
So it's okay when it's apple, right?!
17. Finalflash (Posts: 2134; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Lol right, they definitely have a leg up on screwing their own customers. Keep praising them for it and see how it turns out.
20. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
As well, that money is not going towards bettering thier own product or opening doors to new tech.
They just take coin in and give same old,
year in, year out.
Stockholm syndrome almost.
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 15191; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
See post #10. Your jealousy of their success is way to noticeable.
36. PBXtech (Posts: 1024; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Lawyers cost a lot of money, gotta gouge the customers any way possible.
44. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1703; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Money isn't everything. Didn't your momma teach you anything?
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 15191; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Too much bezel, like the s5. Trim it down.
11. hurrycanger (Posts: 1499; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
that home button needs the space though...
28. sipha (Posts: 401; Member since: 12 May 2012)
Yeah man.. & they dont even BoomSound speakers there!!
29. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
the S5 has IP67... therefore the bezels .. if this comes out without and with huge bezels it's a crime ..
13. KillerKeyboard (Posts: 307; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
You're wrong PA. Iphone 5's screen measures more like this:
15. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2023; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Geeezus... Look at those bezels....smh
18. NotAGeek (Posts: 256; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Yeah that's still too much.At least they can trim down the upper part since the home button (still) occupies huge space
32. xperian (Posts: 166; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
If they trim the upper bezel screen wouldn't be symmetrical and would be less space to hold phone in landscape
21. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
If you took away the bezels after going bigger then a four inch screen, the end user would not be able to hold the iPhone securely.
They have dainty little hands that can't reach beyond what they're told is the best.
27. nctx77 (Posts: 1004; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
They even got pics of the battery on another site. This thing must be in production. Also that looks huge for a 4.7 inch screen. I want to say its 5.
30. Desmortibus (Posts: 66; Member since: 04 Apr 2014)
If this is the real thing (I hope it ain't), I will stick to my Iphone 5S as a "mini smartphone" and enjoy all the more my Lumia 1520, my Galaxy S5 and my Blackberry Z30 !!!
33. antonioli (Posts: 199; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
Bigger than a G Pro 2 looooooooooooooooooool
37. engineer-1701d (Posts: 2237; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
how is there a pair of legs with no body behind and outside of the new screen photoshop maybe?
48. Nette (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
There is agirl in a purple shirt bending down.
38. alexboy20 (Posts: 18; Member since: 05 Apr 2014)
I don't get how apple doesn't trim down the bezel for the top it looks like a jumbo size iphone 5s,deff 4.7 inch screen
39. express77 (unregistered)
will be even more expensive and specs wont be great as it used to be long time ago. and restrictions will never end unless sales have high decline.
42. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 563; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
The smaller screen is the only reason I have a Galaxy phone these days. The iPhone screens are just too small for my large hands and 40+ year old eyes. I still can't figure out why it's taking Apple so long to make a bigger screen. No new wheels need to be re-invented here.
43. fredmode01 (Posts: 19; Member since: 17 Jul 2012)
0.5G - Same old stuff, but bigger
45. Captain_Doug (Posts: 932; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Now if only they'd get rid of that front button...
46. yashav (Posts: 8; Member since: 03 Feb 2014)
wow have you seen this guys nails in the photo he looks like a vampire.. holy shiznits
47. garyII (Posts: 160; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
u won't expect a different design of the front panel from Apple , except the size...