All you need to know about the HTC DROID DNA
0. phoneArena 13 Nov 2012, 13:45 posted on
And just like that, HTC has announced one of the most remarkable devices of 2012 - the HTC DROID DNA! Being the very first smartphone to feature a 1080 x 1920 display, the DROID DNA will surely end up being examined from head to toe for months to come... literally...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. fsahin (Posts: 46; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
finaly king of the smartphones landed, welcome on board.
7. redmd (Posts: 1269; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
-no not just yet. you have to charge the king to an outlet before that battery dies on you.
10. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
that's WAY too much news and articles to read and keep up with!
11. JC557 (Posts: 1540; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
HTC phone are pretty decent with battery despite having a lower capacity. The stand-by life is quite good on HTC phones I have owned (Incredible, Thunderbolt, Rezound).
My Rezound with a 1620mAH battery gets good moderate/ mixed usage life with okay heavy usage.
22. mwellscubed (Posts: 5; Member since: 14 Nov 2012)
Saying the Thunderbolt has good battery life is kinda hilarious
14. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
No. Ultimate phone is the international DLX that is going to be released, most likey with SD card slot like the J Butterfly.
2. DatabaseMX (Posts: 19; Member since: 27 May 2009)
These high end phones should not be allowed on the market w/o both of the following:
1) Minimum of 3,000 ma battery
2) Removable battery.
3. jwl3429 (Posts: 36; Member since: 28 Sep 2009)
agree on the capacity no way this can keep up with the screen and LTE
4. Kkalian311 (Posts: 3; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Ive been lucky enough to have the device for a few days now. I haven't had any battery issues. Its last me all day with above average use.
5. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
is that a legit comment? we will wait and see for a battery review. I wont judge just yet.
25. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
For those of you wanting a review
She claims the battery lasts a day easily, so those battery comments will go down the drain.
6. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
all I needed to know is that is an HTC and the battery size, for me not to even blink at this phone
8. RicoNZ (Posts: 11; Member since: 19 Aug 2012)
New HTC flagship device?
Don't expect more than 1 OS upgrade in the future for it - ala Desire HD.
9. DatabaseMX (Posts: 19; Member since: 27 May 2009)
"Ive been lucky enough to have the device for a few days now"
How so, since it has not been released yet ?
26. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
I thought it has already released in Asia? isn't it?
27. Owlet (Posts: 450; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
If you mean Japan, HTC Butterfly J will be released in December there. So, no. it's not yet released in Asia.
12. maxout (Posts: 32; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
2. 2GB RAM
3. SEXY DESIGN/ Screen
4. 8MP Cam
5. Jelly Bean
1. 16 GB Storage / 11 GB ONLY.
2. NO Micro SD
3. NO Micro SD
4. NO Micro SD
5. NO Micro SD
15. Owlet (Posts: 450; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
Aren't you tired of copying and pasting yet? I'm tired of seeing it. Wanna be banned?..
24. maxout (Posts: 32; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
you know why i did that... i got pizzed the F off when i saw 16GB internal memory. I was gonna go next morning at 9:00AM to buy the damn phone but no Micro SD and 16gb just killed my excitement.
20. deeoh1084 (Posts: 50; Member since: 30 Dec 2009)
you forgot non removable small capacity battery on the cons side
it looks very very nice (awesome design and astonishing screen) but IMO i rather get G Note 2 (i said in my opinion) b/c it has sd card slot with 64GB support, removable battery with much bigger capacity, multiview, and etc etc....
19. etothez23 (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Nov 2012)
Does the DNA have a FM Radio Tuner like the Thunderbolt? Im getting ready to upgrade but love listening to Radio because it doesnt eat up my data usage on Verizon! And im not alloud to connect to Wi-Fi at work!
21. Owlet (Posts: 450; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
Probably not. It's not in the specs anywhere. Sorry.
23. murati (Posts: 21; Member since: 29 Apr 2012)
They are realy crazy this HTC guys... they make great phone, great screen, nice design, everything perfect. NO, but stupid as they are, they put 5' full HD screen and 2020maH battery and 16 gb (11gb for user) space WITHOUT SD card?? Come on ??? Haven't you learnd anything ?? Why thee f... can you HTC just listen to the people??? You will realy gona go down, deep ! ufff