All you need to know about the Galaxy Note II
0. phoneArena posted on 29 Aug 2012, 16:27
Samsung has just announced the Galaxy Note II - the successor to its first "phablet", the Note. With the new device, Samsung is boosting the specs even further - the Note II will feature an even larger, 5.5" HD Super AMOLED display, a fast, quad-core Exynos processor and an improved S Pen stylus for easier and more accurate note-taking...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Wildmanfan posted on 29 Aug 2012, 16:35 3 0
I think that phonearena.com should do what they did for the S III which is take questions from the public. With that said, mine are:
1. Which carriers will get the Note II?
2. What is the release date?
39. Ray.S posted on 30 Aug 2012, 00:06 0 0
We did the S III Q&A session when we posted the review. We can't do much Q&A action now, because some things are still not clear. But anyways, here are the answers to your questions: 1. It isn't known at the moment. Samsung may announce this later this year. 2. The international Galaxy Note II is expected to be released in October, but an exact date is not available yet.
3. The_Godfather posted on 29 Aug 2012, 17:04 19 2
Sammy means choices and ultimate whatever they do.
With Note 1 people's complaints:-
1. We can't hold it properly :- They changed the design in Note 2
2. S -pen could have been better:- You can check the new S - pen with Note 2
3. Struggling with the OS update:- You get JB with Note 2
4. Well the back looks so cheap:- You get the metallic back with Note 2
5. We want more functionality:- Boy you have to spend hours and hours to understand all the functionality of Note 2 and you'd love them all
6. Specs could have been better:- No comments, you can check on your own.
Many more things which I don't want to cover. Just the bottom line is Note 2 is a real revolution in the Smartphones history and this a real smart device. Shut up and take my money for my monster :) Love you Sammy
28. Hunt3rj2 posted on 29 Aug 2012, 20:50 5 4
Yeah, but it's still kind of disappointing, but mostly because it's just a bigger Galaxy S3.
4. andro. posted on 29 Aug 2012, 17:13 3 1
Will wait for a hands on but sounds like this is my next handset!
12. JC557 posted on 29 Aug 2012, 18:33 2 0
Rigth now it seems CNET got to have a brief hands on with the engineering sample and it looks pretty good.
9. doejon posted on 29 Aug 2012, 18:20 0 0
whats about the s3 features like smart stay s beam and so on?
36. kindlefireowner posted on 29 Aug 2012, 22:48 8 1
Forget Apple for one minute. How about all the experts that said there was no market for the Galaxy Note. Just hope that Samsung releases it on all 4 carriers.
40. CellieCell posted on 30 Aug 2012, 01:07 1 1
love everything about it. if i didn't already have my nexus 7 or a great smartphone this would be something id get.
and thumbs down if your annoyed with the popup adds every page you open on phonearena.com
51. Netadmin posted on 02 Sep 2012, 16:20 1 0
popup adds? Yup I hate it, so thumbs down, but they have to make money with some adds. dont you think?
42. u-suck-more posted on 30 Aug 2012, 04:30 1 1
i bet e Samsung fanboys are disappointed that Samsung dint use Exynos 5 on the Note 2! Samsung disappoints again! well at least not as much as it did with the S3
46. remixfa posted on 30 Aug 2012, 21:41 1 3
how was the S3 a disappointment, troll?
Yea, I would have loved to see the E5 in the phone, but even I gave it a small chance of happening and I was optimistic. so no, it wasnt a real disappointment.
48. u-suck-more posted on 31 Aug 2012, 10:00 1 1
well considering e fact that e S3 didnt meet so many expectations, doesnt it already count as a disappointment?
dont call me a troll mister. get your life
i never said e Note 2 was a disappointment, i said i bet tt samsung fanboys are disappointed that e E5 wasnt there.
hmm wait a min, i seem to rmb u telling me that u werent a Samsung Fanboy in a comment u posted to me in an article when e S3 came out.. so you basically just admitted that u ARE a Samsung fanboy by saying ''yes I would have loved...''. turns out i was right all along
50. maxspecs posted on 01 Sep 2012, 18:25 0 1
i expected it to be exynos 5250 dual-core 1.7 and they came out with 1.6 quad-core not a big diferrence and not a big dissapointment , I know that the note3 (if there is a note3) will be 100% perfect and with 1080p and 400+ ppi as they did with the new samsung ativ smart pc pro and it will support exynos 5250 (from 1.8 +ghz maybe even 2 or more) and ofcourse a 12+mp camera. but i can't just wait i have been waiting since s2 was released. the note2 for me is perfect and all those things above are just to improve themselves and be more future proof but it's not necessary (overkill).
45. theo14461 posted on 30 Aug 2012, 20:41 0 0
I'm currently using the Note on AT&T, and aside for just a little lag, its great. Can't wait to check out the Note II.
47. karoafriyie posted on 31 Aug 2012, 08:50 1 0
PHONEARENA YOUR ARTICLES ARE TOO SHORT BE A LITLLE MORE DETALED
53. fanboy1974 posted on 03 Sep 2012, 07:45 0 0
The only thing I care most is if it's going to Verizon. I would still buy it if they go the S3 route by using a dual core S4 to make it LTE compatible. Or better yet release it with a quad care S4. If Samsung can release it on all major carriers like they did with the S3 it will be a huge success.