All you need to know about the Galaxy Note II
The new device is really worth seeing. When we think about the amount of technology that Samsung has managed to cram inside the body of the Note II, its big dimensions no longer seems to big. However, if you've missed some of our coverage, or want to know it all about the Note II, below you'll find all our coverage of the event and the device itself. You'll find info about everything - specs, release date, comparisons, software features, S Pen, you name it!
So, what do you want to know about the Galaxy Note II?
1. Wildmanfan (Posts: 219; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
I think that phonearena.com should do what they did for the S III which is take questions from the public. With that said, mine are:
1. Which carriers will get the Note II?
2. What is the release date?
39. Ray.S (Posts: 250; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
We did the S III Q&A session when we posted the review. We can't do much Q&A action now, because some things are still not clear. But anyways, here are the answers to your questions: 1. It isn't known at the moment. Samsung may announce this later this year. 2. The international Galaxy Note II is expected to be released in October, but an exact date is not available yet.
3. The_Godfather (Posts: 146; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Sammy means choices and ultimate whatever they do.
With Note 1 people's complaints:-
1. We can't hold it properly :- They changed the design in Note 2
2. S -pen could have been better:- You can check the new S - pen with Note 2
3. Struggling with the OS update:- You get JB with Note 2
4. Well the back looks so cheap:- You get the metallic back with Note 2
5. We want more functionality:- Boy you have to spend hours and hours to understand all the functionality of Note 2 and you'd love them all
6. Specs could have been better:- No comments, you can check on your own.
Many more things which I don't want to cover. Just the bottom line is Note 2 is a real revolution in the Smartphones history and this a real smart device. Shut up and take my money for my monster :) Love you Sammy
28. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Yeah, but it's still kind of disappointing, but mostly because it's just a bigger Galaxy S3.
55. grandholy (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
not really, it's not called note for nothing.
4. andro. (Posts: 1936; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Will wait for a hands on but sounds like this is my next handset!
12. JC557 (Posts: 857; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Rigth now it seems CNET got to have a brief hands on with the engineering sample and it looks pretty good.
9. doejon (Posts: 317; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
whats about the s3 features like smart stay s beam and so on?
36. kindlefireowner (Posts: 334; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Forget Apple for one minute. How about all the experts that said there was no market for the Galaxy Note. Just hope that Samsung releases it on all 4 carriers.
40. CellieCell (Posts: 84; Member since: 14 Apr 2010)
love everything about it. if i didn't already have my nexus 7 or a great smartphone this would be something id get.
and thumbs down if your annoyed with the popup adds every page you open on phonearena.com
51. Netadmin (Posts: 4; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
popup adds? Yup I hate it, so thumbs down, but they have to make money with some adds. dont you think?
42. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
i bet e Samsung fanboys are disappointed that Samsung dint use Exynos 5 on the Note 2! Samsung disappoints again! well at least not as much as it did with the S3
46. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
how was the S3 a disappointment, troll?
Yea, I would have loved to see the E5 in the phone, but even I gave it a small chance of happening and I was optimistic. so no, it wasnt a real disappointment.
48. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
well considering e fact that e S3 didnt meet so many expectations, doesnt it already count as a disappointment?
dont call me a troll mister. get your life
i never said e Note 2 was a disappointment, i said i bet tt samsung fanboys are disappointed that e E5 wasnt there.
hmm wait a min, i seem to rmb u telling me that u werent a Samsung Fanboy in a comment u posted to me in an article when e S3 came out.. so you basically just admitted that u ARE a Samsung fanboy by saying ''yes I would have loved...''. turns out i was right all along
50. maxspecs (Posts: 30; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
i expected it to be exynos 5250 dual-core 1.7 and they came out with 1.6 quad-core not a big diferrence and not a big dissapointment , I know that the note3 (if there is a note3) will be 100% perfect and with 1080p and 400+ ppi as they did with the new samsung ativ smart pc pro and it will support exynos 5250 (from 1.8 +ghz maybe even 2 or more) and ofcourse a 12+mp camera. but i can't just wait i have been waiting since s2 was released. the note2 for me is perfect and all those things above are just to improve themselves and be more future proof but it's not necessary (overkill).
45. theo14461 (Posts: 157; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I'm currently using the Note on AT&T, and aside for just a little lag, its great. Can't wait to check out the Note II.
47. karoafriyie (Posts: 19; Member since: 19 Aug 2012)
PHONEARENA YOUR ARTICLES ARE TOO SHORT BE A LITLLE MORE DETALED
52. rusticguy (Posts: 2820; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
This goes on pre-order in India for ~US $700
53. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1110; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
The only thing I care most is if it's going to Verizon. I would still buy it if they go the S3 route by using a dual core S4 to make it LTE compatible. Or better yet release it with a quad care S4. If Samsung can release it on all major carriers like they did with the S3 it will be a huge success.