All new HTC One (HTC M8) 'quick review' video surfaces, claims there will be 16GB, 32GB and 64GB models
0. phoneArena 10 Mar 2014, 09:15 posted on
We’re just two weeks away from the official unveiling of the all new HTC One, but it seems that this is more than enough of a time frame for leakers to just drown us in an endless ocean…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
"This video has been removed by the user."
Oh, okay. Nevermind. :/
4. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
"could HTC call this ‘mate’ as in ‘M8’?"
How 'bout HTC One Neo? :P ;)
14. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4791; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
This phone to me looks pretty BOSS, BUT since I use the Galaxy Note 3 as my personal phone, I find it hard to go back to a smaller screen...
5.5 inches is the smallest I would EVER go back to.
I would LOVE to see a Google Nexus 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, & the LG Flex 2. Those are the phones I am personally waiting for.
All these phones that are coming out are just the appetizers to the main course coming this fall. lol
17. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Well, luckily I'm still using my lovely Xperia Z with 5 inches screen, 5 inches is the right size for me, but I don't mind go a bit bigger maybe like 5.5 inches is the biggest I can go to for now.
Hope my hands will grow a bit bigger so I won't look awkward when I'm holding a big ass phone in the future. And no, I don't have sissy hands. lol
19. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4791; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
It's not so bad... My wife I am VERY sure has smaller hands & she loves using my 5.7 inch Galaxy Note 3.
So smaller hands are very capable of using phones with screens bigger than 5.5 inches.
25. Doakie (Posts: 1842; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Yeah my wife is all about huge phones and she's only 5'5 so I don't think hand size really is an issue. It's funny because whenever she sees tall guys using iPhones she is straight up rude and puts them down about their tiny phones. It's actually pretty embarrassing; this one guy while she was bashing him in front of everyone had his jaw dropped open just dangling there while she's talking s**t and I just had to hide my face because I wanted to laugh/cringe.
She had the Note 2 when I had the first HTC One, and now we both have the Note 3. For a few months I owned a 7" Asus Fonepad. That was a little over the top and totally not pocketable in normal jeans once you have a flip case on it, before a case the Fonepad slipped right into my pockets of my jeans. If the Galaxy Mega 6.3 had GS4 specs we probably would have ended up with that when we switched to AT&T but obviously the Note 3 has a much better spec sheet and now I'm having a hard time taking switching to the GS5 or the One 2 seriously. And even though the Sony Z2 is really good I can't really take it seriously. I still don't understand why I think like that..... Maybe if it launched on all 4 major US carriers then I'd actually consider it worthy competition.
32. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4791; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I totally hear that... To me my biggest factor that will go into buying my next phone will be if the phone is waterproof or not.
Since the Samsung Galaxy S5 is waterproof I realistically think the Note 4 will be waterproof also.
If LG or the new Nexus 6 are waterproof they will seriously get a hard look from me.
5. haifa (Posts: 13; Member since: 05 Mar 2014)
i have a made mirror but it doesn't let me post here. i mailed a link to phonearena
3. aayupanday (Posts: 573; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Like I said The most leaked phone ever....
22. buccob (Posts: 2479; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Sony Xperia Z2... "Sirius" leaked way more
27. Bioload25 (Posts: 213; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I dont think so
We didnt receive daily leaks like we're having here
8. Kishin (Posts: 704; Member since: 30 May 2013)
The design failed and if they don't find some useful features by the 25th there going down even more...
15. maherk (Posts: 3317; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
How did they fail in the design? They did a great job in refining. Sexiest phone last year and I don't think anyone will beat it this year as well.
24. techaman (unregistered)
Kishin is just mad that HTC one m8 is better then his apple like most phones he trolls a lot saying the same thing in every site and thread
38. Kishin (Posts: 704; Member since: 30 May 2013)
I know i said it many times M7>M8 in design thats all not hating on HTC..
20. limporgyuk (Posts: 273; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
Yeah you can really tell how much the design failed by how many awards the M7 won
9. newbey123 (Posts: 547; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Awesome device. Just release it HTC, no need to wait. Getting bored waiting to buy. :-)
10. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Hey PA can you give a new award like the worst leaked device of the year. I really want to know the winner/loser of 2013, was it xperia z1 or nexus 5.
11. newbey123 (Posts: 547; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Liking the new notification light on front. That was only problem with my One X. Can't see it when have notification. Good job HTC
12. TechFreak123 (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
"Not really much of a difference from the HTC one".
13. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Damn, this phone keeps getting leaked, reminds me of the Xperia Z1 keeps getting leaked before the unveiling last year. This just spoiled the fun.
And it looks like the HTC logo at the bottom didn't light up when the screen is turned on, maybe it's a fingerprint sensor then. Don't tell me that it's just a logo sticking on the big bottom bezel that does nothing.
16. maherk (Posts: 3317; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Big bottom bezel? I thought you don't care that much about bezels?? Hypocrisy again
21. limporgyuk (Posts: 273; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
I am sure the bezel is there for a reason even if it's just hiding an internal component. I am pretty sure the HTC design team know what theyr'e doing (hope that doesn't sound sh*tty)
23. maherk (Posts: 3317; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
He was defending the need for bezels on smartphones on a Sony Z2 article earlier today. And yet he will claim he is a tech guy and not a Sony fanboy.
18. sagemda (Posts: 33; Member since: 20 Dec 2012)
HTC and apple and samsung and all of them SHOULD say a warm thank you to who leaks their products because it cause massive hype. Without it will be just: "oh they released a phone 3 days ago, its nice" rather than "wow just look at this phone that will come in 2 weeks so cool, i know im gonna buy it"...
30. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
They shouldn't. The reason is quite simple. THEY are the ones who leak their devices. It doesn't happen by magic.
26. greyhulk (Posts: 154; Member since: 30 Jun 2010)
Two things HTC failed on here: 1) The 4mp "Ultrapixel" camera, even if improved, will still not be up to snuff. They should have gone at least 8mp.
2) Putting the power button on top again? Really? This phone is even taller than the One and it was fail on that phone. Why do they keep making the same stupid decisions over and over?
I hope that the battery is at least larger on this one.
28. LiyanaBG (Posts: 381; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
how do you know anything about the camera if it is not released LOL
29. greyhulk (Posts: 154; Member since: 30 Jun 2010)
How have you not seen any of the leaks or official confirmation from HTC saying that the 4 "ultrapixel" camera is back. Lawl.
35. 7Superman9 (Posts: 85; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
They kept the 4mp/up technology. Nowhere does it say that the main camera is only 4mp/up.
As for the power button, that's a matter of opinion. I personally could care less.
36. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4270; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
They never said the camera was 4MP. Based on Toshiba's dual camera sensors they showed off this year, which will be used in the new One, it will be two 5 MP sensors that will combine to make one 13 MP image, or one 10 MP image if HTC doesn't want to upscale.
40. galanoth07 (Posts: 44; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
Who told you about 4mp camera? clearly a hater -_-
31. mojtaba_mn (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
this wait for htc m8 kill me
come on 64g gray
33. christophersalse (Posts: 99; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
I love my HTC One, so this is a definite buy for me.
37. phonepro (Posts: 22; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)
I've been waiting for so long. Please come out already. two weeks seems like its lasting forever