x PhoneArena is looking for new authors in New York! To view all available positions, click here.

All first gen HTC Desires to receive Gingerbread in Q2 or Q3 of this year

0. phoneArena 18 Feb 2011, 09:44 posted on

There is a good and a bad news for the loyal HTC Desire, Desire HD and Desire Z owners. The good one...

posted on 18 Feb 2011, 11:31

1. box (unregistered)

Does that include the T-Mobile G2 then, since it's essentially a Desire Z?

posted on 18 Feb 2011, 14:40

2. Jacky D (unregistered)

Quick question: i bought a Desire HD unlocked and live in Argentina. When the update is out, would i'll be able to update my phone?

posted on 18 Feb 2011, 20:44

3. cts (unregistered)

yes..even if it dun let u update u can simply flash it.

posted on 19 Feb 2011, 05:04

4. oliver (unregistered)

The desire hd is not a first gen phone by any mean...

posted on 19 Feb 2011, 18:48

5. Tech Hog (unregistered)

You may like to know we at Tech Hog posted this story regarding the EVO and Gingerbread:http://www.techhog.com/editorial/exclusive-htc-has-gingerbread-already/ then after receiving a follow up tip we posted this story:http://www.techhog.com/news/update-2-3-on-evo-before-christmas/ I think it's safe to assume we can expect Gingerbread in May on those devices but I believe the EVO will once again be the first in the HTC line of phones to get Gingerbread first, much like it did with Froyo.

Mike of TechHog.com

posted on 20 Feb 2011, 07:58

6. bling bling (unregistered)

now im angry , htc has pissed me to limits , i have desire and still stuck on 2.2 , why so late you lame pigs

posted on 21 Feb 2011, 09:55

7. costi (unregistered)

ha! already have 2.3.2 on my desire z! thanks to.. Cyanogen ;)

posted on 21 Feb 2011, 20:20

8. Sinto (unregistered)

Gingerbread is almost like Froyo. I'm waiting for Ice Cream. With time frame in the news, Ice Cream SDK will be available and a stable version of Cyanogen may be ready too. Personally, I prefer eating ice cream to gingerbread too.