All Wave handsets to get some form of bada 2.0, updates starting from Q4 2011
0. phoneArena posted on 09 Sep 2011, 09:35
Samsung’s bada 2.0 was just recently premiered at IFA on the Samsung Wave 3, and the new version of the platform offers improvement in not only the UI, but also the functionality adding…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PeterIfromsweden posted on 09 Sep 2011, 10:04 6 3
Yeah, glad that PhoneArena at leasts has some bada news : )
Great work Samsung !
2. PeteFromSweden!!!! (unregistered) posted on 09 Sep 2011, 10:06 1 0
Someone put out an APB for Peter, he hasn't added his annoying zeal for bada yet!!!!!
3. PeteFromSweden!!!! (unregistered) posted on 09 Sep 2011, 10:07 1 0
Touché Peter, touché.
5. PeterIfromsweden posted on 09 Sep 2011, 10:18 2 0
May ask what touche means ?
And whats a APB ?
8. snowgator posted on 09 Sep 2011, 11:18 1 0
"touche" is french for good job. We steal happily from other languages here in the U.S.
"APB" is All Points Bulletin, a reference to when a police force has an important announcement to all their officers.
And... comment away Pete. This is a Bada post, and good news.
Actually, I have seen an extreme uptick in all the small OS news- Bada, MeeGo, WeBOS have all seen every tidbit of information make it here to P.A. lately. I think that is great.
11. PeterIfromsweden posted on 09 Sep 2011, 14:26 5 5
Hmm, you steal more than words in the US, you like to steal oil from Ghaddafi as well, by so called protecting the civillians and bombing ghadaffi outa there. Note, i'm not saying ghadaffi is a good guy, he definitely is not. But i think USA and Nato should be clear that they want to get rid of ghaddafi and not protecting the civilians instead of lying about protection for civilians...
"Actually, I have seen an extreme uptick in all the small OS news- Bada, MeeGo, WeBOS have all seen every tidbit of information make it here to P.A. lately. I think that is great."
that's great : )
When it comes to bada it should not be to amazing that PhoneArena has articles about it, since it has more marketshare than WP7.
13. jthiagesan posted on 09 Sep 2011, 15:24 0 0
Love this comment
16. PeterIfromsweden posted on 10 Sep 2011, 04:19 0 0
The ghaddafi part ? : )
14. dblue45 posted on 09 Sep 2011, 15:40 4 0
Good going Peter! ;)
This sure seems like one of your most anticipated news :D
But in my opinion, WP7 too, still has time to bloom :)
17. PeterIfromsweden posted on 10 Sep 2011, 04:22 0 2
I'll give WP7 6 more months now with Nokia and Mango. If it still doesn't manage to get market share (which i think it won't) then WP7 has been a total failure. I mean, WP7 is not a new OS anymore, it got announced about 2 years ago, and it got released about 1 year ago.
31. Life (unregistered) posted on 23 Sep 2011, 10:39 0 0
WP8 will rule the mobile market one day.
4. ilia1986 posted on 09 Sep 2011, 10:18 3 0
LOL I just KNEW your comment would be the first one here, peter :D
6. PeterIfromsweden posted on 09 Sep 2011, 10:19 1 5
But i still miss a preview of the Wave 3, hopefully it is coming soon here on PhoneArena (gsmarena and engadget made a preview on the 1st of september, so PhonArena is late)
9. Loki (unregistered) posted on 09 Sep 2011, 12:00 0 0
Yes finally! Hope it gets better and won't lag as much as its beta releases! Hmm, but does anyone know when it is supposed to be released. First they said in 1Q of 2011, then in June and recently September. Yet, I don't see any visible signs from Samsung in releasing this firmwares, set aside those betareleases from other parties.
10. PeterIfromsweden posted on 09 Sep 2011, 13:06 1 1
Samsung says the update will come in Q4. Makes sense, as here in sweden the wave 3 will be available in Q4 too.
15. dancore posted on 09 Sep 2011, 19:59 3 1
Peter, you annoy me to death, but alas this post is for you! WAVE ON!!!
18. Jeeze Louise (unregistered) posted on 10 Sep 2011, 22:00 1 1
Not to be rude or anything, but bada is as relevant in the US as meego, or webOS, or blackberry will soon be. What I'm really trying to say is where's my update for my Infuse 4G samsung!?!
19. PeterIfromsweden posted on 11 Sep 2011, 04:09 0 1
What has the infuse anything to do with bada ???
21. AKm007 posted on 11 Sep 2011, 14:39 2 1
just the way Bada has something to do on the Xperia arc post. This is called crapping on yourself peter, you just crapped all over yourself. :)
23. PeterIfromsweden posted on 11 Sep 2011, 15:05 0 0
bada did not have anything to do with the Xperia Arc post. It had to do with reviews, and that was a review about the Xperia Arc.
25. AKm007 posted on 12 Sep 2011, 05:00 0 1
Damn! will you ever give it a rest? That wasn't a review of the arc S. You are losing it mate.
28. PeterIfromsweden posted on 12 Sep 2011, 07:38 0 0
on the sony ericsson page there was a review/preview of the Xperia Arc S, don't deny that !
29. AKm007 posted on 12 Sep 2011, 07:56 0 0
That was a hands on. They are totally different. And get your head out of the gutter. If i go onto the Wave2 review page and comment about wanting a review of the Titan, You're bound to get irritated.
24. Jeeze Louise (unregistered) posted on 11 Sep 2011, 20:42 1 1
I meant that I'm still waiting for my gingerbread update for the infuse. That's what samsung should be working on, instead of an OS that a whole 10 people in the world are using.
20. bryman (unregistered) posted on 11 Sep 2011, 06:16 1 0
Infuse is made by Samsung and so is Bada OS. Here in the US, Bada OS smartphones are not sold (at least by verizon wireless) and not advertised. So, Peter most Americans don't know about what Bada OS is.
22. PeterIfromsweden posted on 11 Sep 2011, 14:39 1 2
What i have seen is that Samsung is not selling bada in the US. Samsungapps for bada is not even available in the US (it is in Canada though).
I guess Samsung wants to make bada a big OS here in europe (like in france bada has 10 % market share) and then enter the US market with bada later on, when bada has a bigger ecosystem.
26. AKm007 posted on 12 Sep 2011, 05:03 0 1
Or maybe they know that it won't make it big the US. Android IOS and RIM are the big contenders there, even WP7 is establishing its ground. Releasing their own OS now would make it an instant failure because it derives too much from IOS and android.
27. PeterIfromsweden posted on 12 Sep 2011, 05:09 0 0
I think that if Samsung would launch bada in the US now, then it would not have been a sucess. Because in the US, you think that US OSes are the best, just like you think US cars are better than european cars, when they are not (cadillac is good though, and the new CTS is made here in europe ; ))
I guess Samsung wants to make bada a big OS here in europe (like in france bada has 10 % market share) and then enter the US market with bada later on, when bada has a bigger ecosystem, and then bada will be big in the US.
30. AKm007 posted on 12 Sep 2011, 08:00 0 0
I'm not from the US. I don't think US has the best Os's. All i'm saying is that Bada is too similar to existing platforms. There won't be much hype about it. With HTC already aspiring to start their own OS which i'm pretty sure will be dressed in HTCsense, then Bada will get f**ked. Because then, it would all boil down to the user-interface and not apps. Besides bada doesn't offer anything new