All New HTC One surfaces once again: 16MP combined resolution for dual cameras revealed
0. phoneArena 19 Mar 2014, 09:37 posted on
The All New HTC One will get officially unveiled in less than a week, on March 25th, but leaks obviously just won’t stop until then…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
8. clevername (Posts: 1436; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Interesting about the front facing camera. I've thought for a while that HTC puts great front facing sensors on devices. The wp8x has an amazing one
10. wando77 (Posts: 808; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Would have been interested were it not for the giant bottom bezel. Guess my upgrade will have to wait (although part of me is tempted by the gs5)
11. mojtaba_mn (Posts: 268; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
Last year HTC have average camera and HTC one won best phone 2013 now white16mp
HTC beat other
Wow. Now the king rise
84. neartx (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 15 Mar 2014)
yes man now htc one 2 dont have any prob
14. terabyteRouser (Posts: 457; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Looks like gripes over the camera might be over.
15. GTX_Ti (unregistered)
Go HTC Go
18. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Knew the the dual camera would be much better than everyone thought, get wrecked. Though the G3 might stomp the One, still a very sexy flagship I would totally consider over the G3
25. papss (unregistered)
I'm VERY happy to hear of a better camera.. I may give android another try as a second phone if this works out
26. limporgyuk (Posts: 273; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
I really hope they do it in that bright blue and navy blue (desire 816)
35. f35hunter (Posts: 233; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
Still waiting for i phone 6 and lg g3 to join the battle of specification
50. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Z2 is sexier and has a way better camera than this New One. Not to mention extra gig of ram and cheaper(i bet on the latter)
56. imyourpapi (Posts: 70; Member since: 04 Jan 2014)
Being sexier is subjective.... Also, I forgot you got to try the new ONES camera out so that explains how you know the z2 is better huh.. Lastly, you won't notice a difference in real life performance with that extra gig...truth sucks.....
60. LiyanaBG (Posts: 381; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
you will see how the 16 mp camera on the Htc one m8 is better than sony z2 and second you will see how the 2gb ram of htc one m8 is faster because the Htc UI is million times faster than sony. HTC Ui with zero % lag.
third we saw your sony camera last year you were going crazy how good it is and it was a big fail the nokia beat it to hell and LG G2 13 mp camera beat sony 20 mp camera so go home.
65. papss (unregistered)
Have you tried both cameras or are you trolling still?
58. imyourpapi (Posts: 70; Member since: 04 Jan 2014)
No bro z2 actually looking to be a great phone.. Sony is stepping get up their game big time I just don't know why it's only on tmo here in the states
51. orielwindow (Posts: 107; Member since: 23 Sep 2010)
Awesome! Really hope they do a Max version of the New One!
73. papss (unregistered)
I'm not sure they specified but that would be my guess.. I'm more than okay with that as long as they get it right
74. terabyteRouser (Posts: 457; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
you think "combined megapixels" is simple addition?
80. VZWuser76 (Posts: 3805; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
I would guess it's not simple addition, but squaring. It's probably 2 4MP cameras (which would be the same or refined until from the 2013 One), and when combined, you don't add 4+4, but rather 4² which would come out to 16MP. Not saying that with any certainty, just speculation, going by them using 4MP ultrapixel last year.
75. HTCOE (Posts: 632; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
not surprised with all of the leaks out but i have to admit this time the camera spec is right.
79. Michaelsalaets (Posts: 27; Member since: 09 Feb 2014)
This is false. I atteneded their pre release webinar. 4mp will remain. For a "combined" resolution of 8. But will mix in the photo to still equal a 4. Basically it's only for fast focus. And focus after
82. Rager722 (Posts: 319; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
TAKE MY DAMN MONEY ALREADY!!! My screen is cracked for throwing money at it
85. neartx (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 15 Mar 2014)
ha ha ha where the guy,s tell about camera ?
now see htc make the great camera for the fan,s
tank,s htc tank,s you are first
90. baldilocks (Posts: 739; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
The HTC logo and the large bezel just throw me off. Maybe they are just trying to outdo Apple on the 'let's see how thin and tall we can make our phone' competition....
My Nexus 5 will do until the next Nexus phone arrives.
93. corygerman1 (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Mar 2014)
Anyone who thinks the HTC One camera is subpar.. just take a look at my Instagram account for a sec. There's only bad photographers.
94. babyk (Posts: 296; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
really hoping its NOT on screen buttons..................