All New HTC One surfaces once again: 16MP combined resolution for dual cameras revealed
0. phoneArena 19 Mar 2014, 09:37 posted on
The All New HTC One will get officially unveiled in less than a week, on March 25th, but leaks obviously just won’t stop until then…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Just freaking can't wait to see how it performs! I have high hopes even after the failure last year.
45. maherk (Posts: 3884; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
50+ million sold worldwide and you call that a failure? Don't let Samsung's success get that much into you, you ll end up with hemorrhoids son. And the HTC was a great phone, the average camera wasn't the reason it didn't sell well, it was the problems and delays it had with the production.
52. Trex95 (Posts: 926; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
50 Million sold?! Never believe Samsung at all since other tech sites mentioned that it's a shipment not sold out! Since IPhone 5s came out end of the last year S4 and Note 3 sales burn plus HTC start doing well since end of the 2013.
I'm in mobiles business since long time
62. maherk (Posts: 3884; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
"I'm in mobile business sing long time", this joke my made day, and ok from now and on I won't take Samsung, Stock Market, major gadget sites, and carrier's words for how much a phone is selling, I will blindly follow you're words mr businessman.
67. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
In reply to the article:
HTC should just release it. What's left to unveil anyway?
16 MP combined resolution. Nice. S5 has some competition. I hope 4K recording is there too.
Only if they didn't have the HTC Logo bar and went with capacitive buttons.
70. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
4k recording needs 8mp+ sensor resolution. Combined wont work i guess.
88. downphoenix (Posts: 3165; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
corrections: since, not sing. made by day, not my made day. from now on, not from now and on. carriers, not carrier's. your not you're.
89. willard12 (Posts: 1707; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Correction: "carriers' " not "carriers."
72. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Hold ONNNNN !!!! IS IT 50 MILLION NOW ?! man this sammy is so Fcking great they sell millions every week.
54. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I mean the CAMERA was a failure. Other parts of the One were great!
57. Trex95 (Posts: 926; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Camera isn't a failure maybe in some parts but still remain excellent if you compare it to other big MP's camera.
69. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Sure it takes great pics, but the thing is that when you start to zoom in the loss of detail is unforgivable. But if the All New One can really take detailed 16 mpx images, it will be among the top 3 camera phones for sure.
63. maherk (Posts: 3884; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
it wasn't a failure, it wasn't that great, but clearly not a failure.
66. Trex95 (Posts: 926; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
w7c4z0uenzn/1384940614055.jpgthis pics taken with my HTC one check by yourself . Yeah camera isn't great in some lighting I agree with you
92. Doakie (Posts: 2071; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Hmm. Funny. I took 3000 pictures in Hawaii and didn't think much of the pictures; I just stored them and went about my life. I go back and now I see how horrible the pictures really are. No chance at reading the sign in the picture, plus look at the sky between the Palm trees, totally splotchy. Lame, I wish I had my Note 3 I have now. Pictures are super clear.
36. imyourpapi (Posts: 70; Member since: 04 Jan 2014)
How was last years htc One a failure? Yes sale volumes were down , but with as much praise the original One had, htc definitely is on the right track and the all new htc One will help bolster the company image, let's go htc!!!
41. Dude2014 (Posts: 441; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
So that means HTC One 2014's front facing camera(5mp Ultrapixel) is better than last year HTC One's rear back camera(4mp Ultrapixel)?? LMAO
49. zennacko (Posts: 237; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
UltraPixel wasn't a "matured" technology back then (I think it wasn't, because it was crazy to compete with a 4MP sensor against 8MP+ from the competition, claiming the ONLY advantage of unparalleled low-light shots), they released what they had in hands (that was functional, at least) and it was a success. Now they made a more powerful UltraPixel camera, let's hope it's as good, or even better than last year's
59. hassoups (Posts: 473; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
I still think the original One is the best phone on the market even after all these announcements.
81. 777light777 (Posts: 63; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
I called this when they leaked that the front cam was a 5mp One!
Yay HTC! And good luck Two you! :D
If the Padfone X was not coming to the US, this would most likely be my choice.
I also loved hearing all the fan boys say it was going to be the same 4mp!
2. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Mother, father and godzilla of bezels.
12. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
First it was the camera, now all you have left is the bezels.
Let's be clear pathetic buthurt sammy fanboy, the worst camera and the biggest bezels and STILL it's miles away more beautiful than the hideous S5.
Please take yr frustration directly on Yr beloved manufacturer. You sell 40 mill so no need to TROLL on others that clearly are doomed any way with such crap cameras and biig bezeles.
So please, save you're efforts (paid or unpaid).
19. mojtaba_mn (Posts: 268; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
Really you think s5 I'd beautiful ? Wow man you need glasses
I joking but s5 are just like s1
And verey verey ugly phone is s5
In quality Samsung can't even think when HTC make a phone
Only in camera HTC is weak but now wow 16mp
I buy HTC one
91. Birds (Posts: 1160; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
You need to re-read Giani's comment like....really...
24. papss (unregistered)
What do you expect? He's angry because he still sports an S2
29. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Yeah that s2, that can still do things much faster than your useless lumia.
33. papss (unregistered)
Haha! Is that all you have? Coming into an article and dogging it makes you feel good doesn't it?
you can have your five year old Frisbee phone.