All New HTC One surfaces once again: 16MP combined resolution for dual cameras revealed
0. phoneArena 19 Mar 2014, 09:37 posted on
The All New HTC One will get officially unveiled in less than a week, on March 25th, but leaks obviously just won’t stop until then…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2140; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Just freaking can't wait to see how it performs! I have high hopes even after the failure last year.
45. maherk (Posts: 780; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
50+ million sold worldwide and you call that a failure? Don't let Samsung's success get that much into you, you ll end up with hemorrhoids son. And the HTC was a great phone, the average camera wasn't the reason it didn't sell well, it was the problems and delays it had with the production.
52. Trex95 (Posts: 540; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
50 Million sold?! Never believe Samsung at all since other tech sites mentioned that it's a shipment not sold out! Since IPhone 5s came out end of the last year S4 and Note 3 sales burn plus HTC start doing well since end of the 2013.
I'm in mobiles business since long time
62. maherk (Posts: 780; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
"I'm in mobile business sing long time", this joke my made day, and ok from now and on I won't take Samsung, Stock Market, major gadget sites, and carrier's words for how much a phone is selling, I will blindly follow you're words mr businessman.
67. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
In reply to the article:
HTC should just release it. What's left to unveil anyway?
16 MP combined resolution. Nice. S5 has some competition. I hope 4K recording is there too.
Only if they didn't have the HTC Logo bar and went with capacitive buttons.
70. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2545; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
4k recording needs 8mp+ sensor resolution. Combined wont work i guess.
88. downphoenix (Posts: 2266; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
corrections: since, not sing. made by day, not my made day. from now on, not from now and on. carriers, not carrier's. your not you're.
89. willard12 (Posts: 675; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Correction: "carriers' " not "carriers."
72. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Hold ONNNNN !!!! IS IT 50 MILLION NOW ?! man this sammy is so Fcking great they sell millions every week.
54. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2140; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I mean the CAMERA was a failure. Other parts of the One were great!
57. Trex95 (Posts: 540; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Camera isn't a failure maybe in some parts but still remain excellent if you compare it to other big MP's camera.
69. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2140; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Sure it takes great pics, but the thing is that when you start to zoom in the loss of detail is unforgivable. But if the All New One can really take detailed 16 mpx images, it will be among the top 3 camera phones for sure.
63. maherk (Posts: 780; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
it wasn't a failure, it wasn't that great, but clearly not a failure.
66. Trex95 (Posts: 540; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
w7c4z0uenzn/1384940614055.jpgthis pics taken with my HTC one check by yourself . Yeah camera isn't great in some lighting I agree with you
92. Doakie (Posts: 1079; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Hmm. Funny. I took 3000 pictures in Hawaii and didn't think much of the pictures; I just stored them and went about my life. I go back and now I see how horrible the pictures really are. No chance at reading the sign in the picture, plus look at the sky between the Palm trees, totally splotchy. Lame, I wish I had my Note 3 I have now. Pictures are super clear.
36. imyourpapi (Posts: 65; Member since: 04 Jan 2014)
How was last years htc One a failure? Yes sale volumes were down , but with as much praise the original One had, htc definitely is on the right track and the all new htc One will help bolster the company image, let's go htc!!!
41. Dude2014 (Posts: 93; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
So that means HTC One 2014's front facing camera(5mp Ultrapixel) is better than last year HTC One's rear back camera(4mp Ultrapixel)?? LMAO
49. zennacko (Posts: 220; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
UltraPixel wasn't a "matured" technology back then (I think it wasn't, because it was crazy to compete with a 4MP sensor against 8MP+ from the competition, claiming the ONLY advantage of unparalleled low-light shots), they released what they had in hands (that was functional, at least) and it was a success. Now they made a more powerful UltraPixel camera, let's hope it's as good, or even better than last year's
59. hassoups (Posts: 250; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
I still think the original One is the best phone on the market even after all these announcements.
81. 777light777 (Posts: 53; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
I called this when they leaked that the front cam was a 5mp One!
Yay HTC! And good luck Two you! :D
If the Padfone X was not coming to the US, this would most likely be my choice.
I also loved hearing all the fan boys say it was going to be the same 4mp!
2. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2545; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Mother, father and godzilla of bezels.
12. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
First it was the camera, now all you have left is the bezels.
Let's be clear pathetic buthurt sammy fanboy, the worst camera and the biggest bezels and STILL it's miles away more beautiful than the hideous S5.
Please take yr frustration directly on Yr beloved manufacturer. You sell 40 mill so no need to TROLL on others that clearly are doomed any way with such crap cameras and biig bezeles.
So please, save you're efforts (paid or unpaid).
19. mojtaba_mn (Posts: 159; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
Really you think s5 I'd beautiful ? Wow man you need glasses
I joking but s5 are just like s1
And verey verey ugly phone is s5
In quality Samsung can't even think when HTC make a phone
Only in camera HTC is weak but now wow 16mp
I buy HTC one
91. Birds (Posts: 952; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
You need to re-read Giani's comment like....really...
24. papss (unregistered)
What do you expect? He's angry because he still sports an S2
29. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2545; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Yeah that s2, that can still do things much faster than your useless lumia.
33. papss (unregistered)
Haha! Is that all you have? Coming into an article and dogging it makes you feel good doesn't it?
you can have your five year old Frisbee phone.
34. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2545; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Five year old but its still performs like a champ. Tell me which lumia from 2011 can work
38. imyourpapi (Posts: 65; Member since: 04 Jan 2014)
Bro just upgrade it's ok really, it's normal after two years
40. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2545; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I'm going to upgrade this May month. Most probably xperia z2 or galaxy s5 depending on battery life.
47. papss (unregistered)
I'm not sure I get where you are going but if you mean if there are lumias working from 2011 id have to say yes.. They are Nokia tough afterall
53. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2545; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
They maybe tough, but what about that OS which is inferior than an already underlying WP8. And my s2 with 3+ drops and a tea spill nothing has happened besides a scar.
39. Commentator (Posts: 2290; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
The S2 is five years old?
...Do you know how to count?
Samsung's not Apple, they don't add a new number every two years.
44. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2545; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Very true dude, i knew it but i didnt want to argue him needlessly. Cause he wont learn anytime soon.
48. papss (unregistered)
I don't even care how old.. Its just old.. Sorry that I wasn't specific..
point is don't come into every HTC article dogging it and then get defensive if someone bites back.
61. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2545; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Okay we're on our way now. But still i can do tasks faster on my s2 than your lumia 1520.
64. papss (unregistered)
71. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
papss, don't bother with this TROLL mate.
He is either brainwashed (40million remember?!?) Or most likely paid. Either way he is pathetic. So no need to feed him.
76. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2545; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Hello there, i never said 40 million and i never brag about that. I appreciate quality hardware(that doesnt always mean design) and all rounder. I just sounded in comments what i felt about that phone. Also htc has never been good when it comes to cameras. So if that means trolling to you, you are just a pathetic ignorant person in my book.
Regards lol ;-)
83. neartx (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 15 Mar 2014)
if htc make a ugly phone still is more beauty from any samsung phone
comeon samsung? is there any thing more ugly than a samsung phone ?
only htc the logo is nice and col but you never look at samsung logo ? its a joke
87. mrblah (Posts: 389; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
"I appreciate quality hardware" lol good one, newb.
42. LiyanaBG (Posts: 288; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
your samsung s5 band-Aid phone. AKA s4 has more bezels than the the HTC ONE. you blind?
13. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3730; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Hey, Hey, Hey...
Please leave the King of the Monsters out of this. Godzilla a.k.a Gojira is one swave dude, yeah he gets pist from time to time, but who in their right mind doesn't? lol
22. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1184; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Bezels? Who cares? It holds probably the best stereo speakers on any phone out there right now.
27. LiyanaBG (Posts: 288; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
StraightEdgeNexus go home we sick of you every HTC post you nag like jealous girl.
31. Trex95 (Posts: 540; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Bezels yeah, but still looks better than Band Aid S5 lol.
32. SonyPS4 (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 May 2013)
i rather have larger bezel for stereo audio and design
37. imyourpapi (Posts: 65; Member since: 04 Jan 2014)
Bro you know that phone is sexy regardless of the bezels, so get over it! Btw, the s5 bezels are soo much bigger than s4 but I guess it's ok cause it sam sam huh
3. limporgyuk (Posts: 135; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
The best just got better. Now what are the other OEM fanboys gonna pick on.
7. emadshiny (Posts: 1127; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
I don't think it was the best, so
The good just got much better...
20. mojtaba_mn (Posts: 159; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
The best coming now it's verey good news
17. GTX_Ti (unregistered)