All New HTC One M8 gets photographed next to the iPhone 5S, LG G2 and others
0. phoneArena 19 Mar 2014, 13:08 posted on
HTC will finally announce its All New One next week, and it appears that it's going to sell it immediately after the announcement (at least in some markets)...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 357; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
I was hoping that with the move to on screen buttons that they would've kept the form factor of the first HTC One, but oh well, I guess all Android flagships are becoming too big for me now... Only hope is Motorola and Sony's compact phones.
46. mr.techdude (Posts: 542; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
It's only like .03 mm taller then the one
52. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
And the official dimensions are out there? Its like as big as the Z2 and HTC One was much smaller than z1.
Do the math. its more than 0.03mm taller.
70. Dr.Phil (Posts: 897; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I have to agree with mr.techdude, the size difference is negligible. At least that's what it appears like in this size comparison:
Also, you have to take into consideration that this HTC M8 is supposed to have a 5 inch screen versus the 4.7 inch screen on the M7 (original One). I would say that they did a good job of not really adding to the overall size while still increasing screen real estate.
80. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 357; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
Yes, they did do a good job, but that's not the point, I think that the image doesn't do a good job of comparing the sizes because in this article we see that the Xperia and the new One are very close in terms of height.
72. mr.techdude (Posts: 542; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
These pics Arnt taken from eye view, theyre all in an angle which makes it harder to see how much of a difference it is, but appreciate that they've increased the amount of aluminum and bigger speakers and the 5up front facing camera.
81. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
HTC One is 137mm tall, xperia z1 is 147mm tall. This looks more than 140mm tall so its more than 0,03mm for sure. They made the screen bigger plus added the upper camera. The comparison is right there in this article and you gave a link with a sh*t comparison with the One. I have seen the video and it looks taller for sure.
I really don't like this trend where phones are getting so big. I thought z1 was way too big already and now this seems to be as big.
85. Dr.Phil (Posts: 897; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
The Xperia Z1 is 144.4 mm tall. If you compare it to the old HTC One, you will see that they don't appear that far off in height:
So yes, to add .3 inches to the screen size would indeed put it up in the same size category as the Z1. However, I don't think that it's that big of a deal. The Galaxy S5 almost added just as much in length over the S4.
I never said that there wasn't a size difference, but that the size difference is negligible given the fact that they added to the screen size. I'm also sure with the new sensors they added, it was necessary to grow the device.
86. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
Thats a huge different. I don't know what your eyes are keep lying to you but that a big difference when you hold it in your hands considering the HTC One is already pretty big and for me the perfect size. z1 is also wider. so taller and wider than HTC One. I have hold both on my hands and its a huge different. HTC One feels a lot smaller.
BUT if the camera of M8 turns out to be just as good or better then I am going for the HTC m8. I guess the size of phones just have to be accepted now, if you want a great camera with great specs.
79. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 357; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
That's not true, two reports say it is 146mm tall now which is much taller than the One. And if you look up, you'll see that the Xperia and One look very close in terms of size.
82. ludegmo (Posts: 16; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
Yeah and its getting taller with its sleep/wake button still on top. Great ergonomics HTC great ergonomics.
87. 777light777 (Posts: 53; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
Left to right...
Brick, mouse pad, mouse pad 2, bar of soap, cinder block, pillow.
Which would you guys want to carry around? :D
26. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Exactly specially i think htc want to redicle s5 when put it beside s5..
s5 quait disapear beside all new one and only try to be exist.Lol
68. iushnt (Posts: 614; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
I don't think so..There is no doubt that HTC one and New HTC one is a very nice looking phone but on the other hand I think GS5 also has its own charm when actually hold. I have noticed that many people are judging by just looking photos but those who have got hands-on it has given some different perspective about the feel of the device
3. vuyonc (Posts: 183; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
The New One is pretty big for a 5-incher. As a Z1 owner, I can definitely confirm that. Those speakers better deliver.
10. Hyperreal (Posts: 126; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
Yes. True. But the curved back in htc one makes it feel much smaller in the hand than xperia z. So i guess despite more or less the same height as z2, the new htc one will also feel definitely smaller and more comfortable.
22. neartx (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 15 Mar 2014)
yes htc one in hand is great even from smaller phone the design make fell great ans easy
tank,s to htc
39. Feanor (Posts: 295; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
Uh? But it'll be about 1mm thicker than the Z1...
53. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 775; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Newsflash: As someone who has had held quite recently a Z1 and a Butterfly S in my hands the Butterfly S despite being far chubbier than the Z1 feels much better in hand due to the curved back.
57. Hyperreal (Posts: 126; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
yes, in the middle it is about 9,3 mm, so its thicker. but do you know what does curved mean? it means that edges are very thin like on htc one (about 5 mm) and it is much easier to hold a phone like htc one than a square phone like z, z1, z2. actually you dont feel like htc one is thicker, it even seems its thinner than z1. i really like the design of experias, but they are not so ergonomic unfortunately.
33. maherk (Posts: 806; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
it is a bit taller than the S4 and has almost the same width. The Z1 on the other hand is a 5 incher and has almost the same dimensions as the 5.7" note 3.
77. karkavelas (Posts: 57; Member since: 25 Oct 2013)
So, you don't mind to buy z1 and you care that the new one is bigger?
The new one is slightly smaller, looks smaller and I quess feels smaller than you z1.
Stop hating and buy one.
4. GTX_Ti (unregistered)
The Iphone 5S and Xperia z1 still look the best of them all.
17. Sauce (unregistered)
M8, GS4, iPhone 5s, Z1.
No particular order
59. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 394; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
The fact that you put in your lists the cheap looking samsung phones is beyond me..
60. Astoni (Posts: 441; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Currently using z1, but note phones has been the most efficient phones i've ever used for anything, and Tbh it looks great. I like samsungs s4, note 3 design but it could need some sturdier material thats for sure.
There is a diffrence between cheap looking and useful ya' know.. ;) just pointing it out.
34. maherk (Posts: 806; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
the Z1 is gorgeous when it isn't touched, but it is disturbing for me when it is covered with fingerprints. The HTC one make everything around it look dated, ugly, and cheap, and this is coming for a proud Note 3 owner.
38. emadshiny (Posts: 1127; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
When it comes to aluminum, I still prefer 5S and it looks much better than One.
45. Heatfan316 (Posts: 375; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Yeah sure it does clown! The one makes the King of bezels(the 5s)look ugly, just deal with it hater!
54. emadshiny (Posts: 1127; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
I just said my idea.
And you mean One has small bezels?
OK, your logic was great!
56. Heatfan316 (Posts: 375; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Small compared to the 5s, it's not even remotely close, but by voicing your opinion in the way you did just shows insecurity and you really see the as being actually better otherwise you would have said nothing.
58. emadshiny (Posts: 1127; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
To be honest, I got nothing from what you Said. Once more I say, I just said my idea and if it hurts anybody I will apologize but I like 5S design more than that of One.
48. mr.techdude (Posts: 542; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
How is the 5s better looking it only uses a small piece of aluminum on the back and charge you your whole life for it, where as the HTC one or one 2, they are true aluminum fully covered by aluminum and way more ergonomic like imagine the 5s having a 5" screen, ityll be bigger then zultra
41. Feanor (Posts: 295; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
Z1 is waterproof, you wash it once a day with soap and no big problem with fingerprints. Which is also antibacterial.
44. maherk (Posts: 806; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
it doesn't matter how many times you are going to wash it, once you dry it, your fingerprints will get back there immediately.
47. mr.techdude (Posts: 542; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
How is the z1 even good looking like, it looks like a stretched out flattened iPhone 4s.
61. fzacek (Posts: 1433; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Yeah, the Z1 also has a huge, useless chunk of bezel at the bottom.
5. 777light777 (Posts: 53; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
Ill take the grey One in the middle....hell ILL TAKE TWO!
PURE SMEX! :P
6. brar.arsh (Posts: 136; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Its a dummy unit for stores, Best Buy Canada getting them this weekend and will be out for display as soon as announcement is done.
Keep Calm, and Yes it's SEXO!!
7. engineer-1701d (Posts: 647; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
no way htc way more sexy
the iphone looks out of its comfort zone hahahah its like "dont forget about me guys" (in high pitch voice)
8. Anshulonweb (Posts: 303; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
this is for all sony xperia z2 haters..... HTC one(2014) is same size as the z2 despite having shorter screen (5 vs 5.2) and it ain't even waterproof......
11. GTX_Ti (unregistered)
And Dustproof also.
12. 777light777 (Posts: 53; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
Kudos to SONY for that but, the New HTC One will feel better in hand...
23. neartx (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 15 Mar 2014)
htc have many thing to buy it first thing great quality you never see in any other
83. Mojtab (banned) (Posts: 6; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
yes I thinkh HTC is so better now I buy the one 2014
28. karkavelas (Posts: 57; Member since: 25 Oct 2013)
Sorry bro no offence, but the Sony Z2 is wider, little bit taller, looks like a dashboard, it has a boring UI and in six months they are gonna bring a new one anyway.
I will go with the all new HTC one and the all new improved HTC.
P.S. That was only an opinion.
36. maherk (Posts: 806; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Same size? what are you smoking bro? Yeah it is almost as tall as the Z1, but the width is incomparable, not just it so much wider but also those sharp edges make it tougher to hold compared to the curved back of the HTC one.
63. fzacek (Posts: 1433; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Dude, the Z2 has a disgusting bezels everywhere, especially that huge chunk under the screen.
66. engineer-1701d (Posts: 647; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
But better sound because of that space
78. ToxiD (Posts: 41; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Where did you get it from? There hasn't been a comparison between Z2 and the new HTC One yet, only the old One. Also the new HTC One has improved boomsound.
9. 7Superman9 (Posts: 74; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
The only thing I'm hoping is wrong, in terms of leaks, is the battery size. At this point flagships should be no less than 3000mah.
Not saying this would keep me from buying it, but that 3000mah battery would be much better.
If it wasn't for Lgs' ui I would wait for the G3. I don't want to download a launcher or root my phone. I just want a simple ui, and not A GPE either.
32. 7Superman9 (Posts: 74; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
My point was that "all" flagships should have no less than 3000mah. Meaning htc, as well as other manufacturers should have taken their cue from LG in the battery department.
13. N-fanboy (Posts: 536; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
I'm very surprized that the new One is bigger than the iphone 5s and smaller than the Note 3.
14. papss (unregistered)
Oh yeah? That is strange eh?