All Google Nexus 7 tablets receive update that brings Google Wallet to the tablet
0. phoneArena 18 Jul 2012, 15:38 posted on
An update that was sent out to those 6,000 lucky ones who had received the Google Nexus 7 at the Google I/O developer's conference has now been sent out to all users of the tablet and includes Google Wallet capabilities...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. protozeloz (Posts: 5375; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
if I find any of you paying with your tablet I WILL KICK YOU tablet could be good tools to get a payment but paying with them is a no no no
4. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I'm gonna pay with my tablet. It's frickin' awesome.
That is, if I decide to get a Nexus 7 because of all of the bugs with the Pad Infinity. Lol.
6. protozeloz (Posts: 5375; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
well you may need a hotspot to do that, wont it be better to just pull your android phone? most new phones have NFC on top carriers anyways... and honestly its kinda awkward
8. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Sadly, my phone doesn't have NFC.
I'm thinking of just keeping my phone on Gingerbread and then getting a Nexus tablet so I can keep up with all of the different Android versions.
EDIT: Damn, I have four comments on this thread. xD
9. protozeloz (Posts: 5375; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
oh well, till contract expires right? you can try paying with it but you may look a bit odd, but maybe that's just me
2. guest (Posts: 93; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
So I would have to login to the wifi at the starbucks before I can use google wallet right?
7. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I believe it works without an internet connection.
3. JunitoNH (Posts: 882; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Lol you better have mobile hotspot if paying with tablet.
5. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Google Wallet does not require an internet connection. It stores your card details on your phone or tablet and the NFC chip feeds payment information to the reader.
If it did require an internet connection, I'd just keep my phone with FoxFi on in my pocket whenever I leave my house. Lol.
10. Jayray78 (Posts: 13; Member since: 01 Jun 2011)
I keep hearing people say that the think it should work without internet, but no one seems to have tried it yet. The Starbucks around me doesn't have NFC yet. I think Macy's does and it supported by Google Wallet, so I may have to stop by the mall to test it out some time.
11. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)