All CTIA 2011 Coverage... in one place
CTIA 2011 is over and we're back to our usual desk schedule, but we decided to take one final look at the events from this year's show before they go down in the books. Or rather go down in the internets accessed by tablets and smartphones, which tend to hold our digitalized knowledge nowadays.
We covered the handful of gadgets announced at or around the show starting with AT&T's 3D-capable LG Thrill 4G, followed by T-Mobile's official announcement of the dual-core T-Mobile G2x and finishing with the much anticipated unveiling of the next generation EVO phone for Sprint – the HTC EVO 3D with a dual-camera setup for three dimensional video capture and a muscular processor to back it all up. But there was much more, so let's take a look back at all the fascinating gizmos and news as they happened. Don't forget to scroll down for a bird eye's view of all the news and live coverage action!
Samsung Mobile Unpacked: Live Coverage!
Sprint's CTIA 2011 event: Live Coverage
Best of CTIA 2011: PhoneArena's Pick
Best of CTIA 2011: People's Pick
- Sprint invites press to an event scheduled for March 22nd; 3D phone? HTC EVO 2?
- Sprint is introducing Nexus S 4G, EVO 3D, and EVO View tablet at CTIA?
- HTC Doubleshot for T-Mobile is believed to make an appearance at CTIA 2011
- The CTIA E-Tech award roster includes two mysterious LG phones
- HTC Prime leaks out, a Windows Phone 7 device with a physical keyboard
- 8.9-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab shows off in teaser video
- Scores for the unreleased HTC Shooter/EVO 3D creep up on benchmark websites, nothing spectacular
- CTIA 2011: What to expect
- Nokia announces the Astound (C7) for T-Mobile
- LG's T-Mobile G2x officially announced: dual-core 4G powerhouse coming with Tegra Zone
- T-Mobile's LG G-Slate gets a price tag of $529.99 with a 2-year contract
- T-Mobile Sidekick 4G returns carrying a $99 price tag on an unlimited data contract
- HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO View 4G make an appearance on Sprint's website
- BlackBerry PlayBook prices start from $500: pre-order it today, get it from April 19th
- Today's CTIA schedule
- New versions of Opera's mobile browsers are released - please welcome Opera Mini 6 and Opera Mobile 11
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 aims to find the perfect balance between size and compactness
- Samsung doesn't bend under pressure, reworks the Galaxy Tab 10.1 to make it thinner than the iPad 2
- Sprint strikes back with the HTC EVO 3D
- HTC EVO View 4G is Sprint's 7" tablet of choice, to come in the summer
- LG introduces its Wireless Charging Pad
- CTIA Day 1 recap: Landslide of announcements
- Sprint appeals to Android developers, wants to be their carrier of choice
- More details about Sprint's integration with Google Voice (video demo)
- LG Optimus 3D camera samples
- Taking 3D video with the HTC EVO 3D
- Games for the Sony Ericsson XPERIA Play bring us back to the Playstation's early days
- Android mascot stepping up to show you how robots do it (video)
- Nokia demoes Ovi Maps SR6 at CTIA (video)
- ZTE Style S and V11-LTE tablet to land on US soil
- Solar charging your phone through its screen to enter retail devices a year from now
- Samsung Mobile Unpacked at CTIA: Watch the full show here
- Dry Case's Waterproof Vacuum Seal keeps your iPhone dry in up to 100 ft of water
1. ajac09 (Posts: 1107; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
i was kind of disappointed at sprint at CTIA.. the evo 3d, nexus s and the htc view nice and all but come on sprint 3 annoucements for 1 year? Oh yeah the echo and shift woot so 5 devices in 2011? come on sprint stop hiding stuff your not the government and this aint 911
2. sgogeta4 (Posts: 371; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
If you're disappointed in Sprint, why don't you try looking for Verizon phones at CTIA...
4. android2 (Posts: 3; Member since: 28 Mar 2011)
sprint allways come on top just when you think it over they pop up with something,they wait for the other carriers to make a move and then checkmate...one hint ...EVO....
5. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Sprint played everyone with no real announcement at ces other than the htc evo shift 4g before ces. Then no real showing at MWC...Then they PIMP SLAPPED everyone at CTIA like they always do...The Htc Evo 3d is the best device on the market. All sprint customers should be online when this launches just like I will be on that late May or early june day....Cant wait.....
6. Jtaylor (unregistered)
What happened with the supposed release of the HTC Pyramid?
7. BigP (unregistered)
We want the HTC Pyramid!!!!