Alcatel announces the One Touch Idol X smartphone with Android 4.2 and a 5-inch 1080p display
0. phoneArena 24 Feb 2013, 12:04 posted on
The Alcatel One Touch (OT) Idol X is another beastly smartphone from a place you wouldn’t expect one - Alcatel…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. INF1N1TY (banned) (Posts: 14; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
That battery needs to be a little bigger.
2. metal (Posts: 11; Member since: 26 Dec 2012)
It would be great only if the price was kept down
4. Mozarrt (Posts: 297; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
What the hell Alcatel, you are supposed to be crappy.
5. itsjustJOH (Posts: 187; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
You just listed this as Samsung One Touch Idol X in your list of phones. Not that surprised though, this is PhoneArena.
6. BigBoss10 (Posts: 260; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
The front looks like to iPhone and the rear to Nokia Lumia 720
8. Gbrunner24 (Posts: 11; Member since: 18 Nov 2012)
Why? Because it's a screen with black top and bottom bezels? It's looks like about a hundred other devices from the front.
21. Izoe (Posts: 130; Member since: 02 Sep 2010)
The front looks nothing like the iphone and the back looks more like the htc one x not the lumia. But overall it still has its own distinct personality
7. Gbrunner24 (Posts: 11; Member since: 18 Nov 2012)
13mp camera? The top photo says 8.0mp on the back. Looks like a great phone if it's priced right
9. S8500 (Posts: 2; Member since: 24 Feb 2013)
I am new here but I just want to let you know that one of the articles on the website has a SAMSUNG ONE TOUCH IDOL? I am just confused? Or is a typo? Thanks. :D
11. INF1N1TY (banned) (Posts: 14; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
Yeah, it's just a typo. This isn't a Samsung device, though it would be nice if it was!
15. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3191; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
A typo like 'An' for 'and' or 'her' for 'here' and the likes are considerable...
'Samsung' for 'Alcatel'? Seriously???
16. INF1N1TY (banned) (Posts: 14; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
Yeah, I have to agree with your statement. But I can never see Samsung making a design like this.
25. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Husband texts to his wife: I am having a nice time .... wish you were HER
This spelling mistake would ruin any husband's life ...
10. techguy22 (Posts: 227; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
i thought this was a samsung phone. nice build quality. i want S4 to be like that.
12. urtard (banned) (Posts: 82; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
judging a phone's build quality without even having used one nor seen one in person pretty much seems to be the mindset of everybody here rofl
23. Taters (Posts: 5023; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
No, they just judge it by the materials used or which brand the phone comes from. Unfortunately, they ignore everything else like gap clearance and wasted space.
13. S8500 (Posts: 2; Member since: 24 Feb 2013)
hey thanks for the thumbs up! I am wating for the new nokia surprise on the mwc :D android is good... iphone is good :D windows is good :D just look at this phone! it combines all of them lol :D
14. Loubielou (Posts: 432; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Alcatel seem now to mean Business at last,as they used to produce Cheaper phones,but with economy struggling this could be a very popular smartphone from Alcatel
17. the_EDJ (Posts: 33; Member since: 28 Sep 2008)
There's something very cheesy and toy-like about the phone in the image. I'm all for colorful phones, I am getting sick of black and white. Gimme a blue HTC One and I'll pay in a heartbeat.
18. htc_prep (Posts: 303; Member since: 09 Oct 2009)
worst name ever. 1 touch is a diabetic testing device. The X is symbolic of HTC one x and stole the Thunder of Motorola. An idol is just blaspheme.
20. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1853; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
It would be a nice mid range phone with a good camera and phone design
22. Taters (Posts: 5023; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
That is actually a really nice design. Best one in my opinion after the Xperia Z.
24. Mube1 (Posts: 153; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
I must say design is awesome..samsung learn smthing
26. laputaquelepario (Posts: 3; Member since: 24 Feb 2013)
Sexy phone. Too bad about the lack of LTE (and apparently no micro SD slot), because it certainly is a looker.