Alcatel One Touch Idol now available in the U.S. for $299 contract-free
0. phoneArena 30 May 2013, 10:02 posted on
Alcatel announced a whole bunch of Android smartphones during the first quarter of 2013, and one of them is now officially available for purchase in the U.S. straight from the company's online store. Starting today – May 30, anyone interested in the Alcatel One Touch Idol may grab one for the low price of $299 off contract...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Alcatel makes some nice looking devices. Their Idol X is a well-specced stock Android monster. They just don't get much attention from the carriers. I have a soft spot for Alcatel-Lucent since they own the old Bell Labs.
2. Rorschach (Posts: 37; Member since: 26 Apr 2013)
If it brought LTE it would have been a considerable alternative to the nexus 4 but with these specs, there's no doubt the nexus 4 is still the better off-contract device.
3. hypergreatthing (Posts: 33; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
Seriously. Compared to the nexus 4, the only feature it seems to have is a microsd slot.
It has a worse screen, worse battery, worse processor, worse internal space, worse ram, worse camera.
It's on the same networks as the nexus 4 so... unless a micro sd slot is a killer feature, you would be wasting money spending the same $$ amount on this phone than a nexus 4.
4. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 269; Member since: 07 May 2012)
honestly,i don't think nexus should come with any less than 32 GB since they don't support micro sd cards,what's the sense having a high end phone to store apps,movies, pictures if you can't have the space to do so,make a 15 minute 1080p video on a 8 GB nexus and see how much space is left!
7. Shatter (Posts: 1766; Member since: 29 May 2013)
With good compressing you could put like 5 1080p movies on a nexus with 8gb.
8. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Compressing takes hell of a time...especially the ones with that resolution.
5. Shatter (Posts: 1766; Member since: 29 May 2013)
You can find far better for $200-$300 that have quad core, 13mp camera, 5mp front, 32gb storage, bigger battery ,1080p 5" screen etc.
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6621; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Please find me a 1080p smartphone for $300.
6. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Man! I've been so keen on the phone they were using in the movie!!
It looked so cool...now that i know it's Alcatel, it sounds weird.
But that layer of dragontrail(