Alcatel One Touch Evolve, One Touch Fierce smartphones coming to T-Mobile
0. phoneArena 25 Sep 2013, 05:18 posted on
T-Mobile just announced that it is adding a couple of low-cost offerings to its extensive Android lineup. These are the Alcatel One Touch Fierce and One Touch Evolve smartphones, both of which are to be made available in the coming weeks...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7687; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Really T-Mobile? Are you seriously releasing phones that could support a max of HSPA+ 21 and 7.2? I know it's low budget, but damn that 1GHz MediaTek processor is weak with 3G speeds.
3. tomn1ce (Posts: 101; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
Not to mention the 512MB of ram and the 4GB of internal storage. I know these are low end devices but 8/16GB of internal storage would've been much better.
Just like the high end devices should come with 32GB minimum of internal storage and not 16GB.
5. juandante (Posts: 277; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
If they have SD cards its not a matter. But 512 mb RAM is joke, no REAL joke.
2. taikucing (unregistered)
What? Mediatek? Prepare to get lost because you can't use the GPS.
Why does Alcatel still use mediatek crap while many Chinese companies is starting to use Qualcomm? Qualcomm is becoming cheaper now.
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7687; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Qualcomm is miles ahead of MediaTek. I'm really disappointed in the specs of these low end devices.
One of the phone has specs from 2010. Like why...?
10. Jommick (Posts: 184; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
They sold the iPhone 4 for the longest time this year which had specs from 2010.
9. EnTerr (Posts: 3; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Unfortunately you are correct! One of the issues of this phone is it cannot get GPS fix without the help of AGPS data and Google Location Services (cell towers and wifi). Often maps show precision of 20-50 metres, which doesn't sound like gps from this century
6. residualhatred (Posts: 25; Member since: 28 May 2012)
Makes me feel good about my LG Optimus F3. And I thought my phone was low-end. These are prepaid phones for sure.
8. EnTerr (Posts: 3; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Here are a few things you need to know about the new One Touch Fierce:
1) The camera is a joke, it is FIXED-FOCUS (yeah, kind of like iPhone1 was), it cannot take clear close-up shots, so forget about barcode reader apps or check deposit apps (banks, paypal) or readable shot of a page of text, cannot happen. Did i mention the camera cannot focus? That square you can tap on to move the focus, not there.
2) There is something wrong with the GPS, it cannot get a fix when in airplane mode, seems to need the help of AGPS data and Google Location Services (cell tower and WiFi triangulation) but even with them takes long time. Maybe it's the chip, maybe antenna, i don't know.
3) Screen is iffy. Limited angle of good view, not bright enough under the sun and has distinct bluish tint.
Other than those issues, it boots/restarts very fast and has long battery life (maybe because of selective power/freq to the CPUs). Battery is not removable.