Alas, the new iPhone will not look like this sexy design concept
In their concept design NAK Studio suggests a fairly major departure, moving the home button from the place it has long held at the bottom bezel to the side of the device. Doing so allows them to push the screen up into the size range of the Galaxy SIII without making the phone nearly as large. Of course removing the bezel could lead to accidental touches of the screen as you hold it, so they address this somewhat by rounding the edges of the phone – almost akin to the iPhone 3G/3GS, albeit cut off by a flat iPhone 4/4S back.
The result is something that’s very new and different, yet still feels distinctly “Appley”. It’s probably too radical of a design change to actually come to fruition, but it’s sure lovely to behold.
Concept design for the "iPhone 6"
source: NAK Studio via Pocket-Lint
1. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
Not bad. Not bad at all. Good looking Device.
26. MeoCao (unregistered)
Who need this, we have Note 2.
2. Jay_F (Posts: 236; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
It does look nice. Unfortunately, looks aren't everything anymore.
15. Captain_Doug (Posts: 753; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I assume that's a spec war comment? Looks still matter to some. Especially when hardware can handle most software we throw at it. Then focus can be placed elsewhere, like making this sleek looking phone. Definitely an android guy but this does look like a phone worth having. At least hardware wise....
22. Jay_F (Posts: 236; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
I just said looks aren't everything. Specs are very important nowadays. Looks and feel for me a near second to what bang I can get for my buck.
3. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
actually looks good.
hmmm apple didn't make this
5. Contreramanjaro (Posts: 153; Member since: 04 Dec 2011)
For some reason the design reminds me a lot of the HTC HD2.
6. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Useless. One-handed operation would be almost impossible with no bezel.
17. Captain_Doug (Posts: 753; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
One handed use is fine if the phone is small enough. For me, I can use a 4.3" phone and not even come close to touching the screen. If this is just a 4" phone I'm sure most anyone could do it. Either you have fat hands, tiny hands, hold your phone weird, or just repeating whatever nonsense you've heard. There are exceptions to most everything, especially phones.
35. ffaarrooqq (Posts: 64; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Yes you are right.... we can handle this phone with one handed.
Even I am using my s3 [4.8] with one hand.
7. MattAdorno (Posts: 19; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
I actually kinda like the idea of the home button on the side, your hand is right there anyways.
9. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
iPhone 5 will be delay again and again for shortage on supplies.
10. drnggaj33 (Posts: 127; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
looks like BIG SAMSUNG NOTE IJS plus the sam os sw boring
11. hunted (Posts: 324; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
Lovely design!!! Wish apple makes this kind of beautiful devices :)
12. Apple-Royally- (Posts: 16; Member since: 24 Aug 2012)
This is a dream. Never ever concept design phones will be available
to the public.
36. ffaarrooqq (Posts: 64; Member since: 26 May 2011)
This concept designs will be available to public in future.
14. andro. (Posts: 1944; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Kinda looks like the galaxy note,perhaps what the galaxy note 3 will actually look like when Samsung makes the bezel decrease further. It does looks nice!
This design however would involve way too much effort and expense on Apples part for this years handset. Apple could actually want the iphone to look like this in about 4 years time but they will progress each handset each year incrementally year after year till design is achieved.
24. andro. (Posts: 1944; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Almost every fan concept render ever made look alot better than actual phone models.
31. phitch (Posts: 214; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
This looks exactly like the Galaxy note, get your head out of your ass and stop being a fanboy.
32. E.N. (Posts: 2280; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
fanboy? Last time I checked this thing isn't real so don't be a dumbass.
The note has a similar shape, but let's not pretend the note is as beautiful and well-designed as this. Don't you think saying it looks "exactly" like the Galaxy note is a bit of a stretch? Even andro says concepts renders are made to " look a lot better".
18. cupcake (Posts: 106; Member since: 15 Apr 2010)
Even if this was real-- I still wouldn't buy it.
20. ObjectivismFTW (Posts: 211; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
If only iOS was worth the purchase..
21. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
I love this article. Wish there were many more of them to open eyes of blind iFans. Wish there were 100s of these, how iPhone could look like if Apple gave a bit of s..t and tried to change design. Instead iFans are going to be stuck with the same old design for another year.Hahaha
27. nicholassss (Posts: 348; Member since: 10 May 2012)
Outdated os or not, id be getting that phone for pure sex appeal. Too bad its a fake one.
28. nicholassss (Posts: 348; Member since: 10 May 2012)
Actually, just wait all the previous leaks were to throw us off the scent and this is really what apple drops on us. Haha. A man can dream though.
29. redsox420 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
I thought apple was the innovator of the wheel, boxes with rounded edges and a black border around it/behind it, a rectangle thing with rounded corners with a screen and some buttons, lets call that the iphone.
Apple is scared. Cupertino ran to Google like a dog in heat to prevent Goggle from ever allow Apple to sell the iphones in America again under a freight train of a lawsuit apple might face from Google. .. Sammy case was a joke. Basically came down to a rounded rectangle box, aka the iphone, and a rounded off box graphic piece of art.
Its a nice looking "concept." But its just that, Sammy has the Note 2. Looks similar and its actually REAL. The iphoney isn't, well at least the next incarnation.
30. Savage (unregistered)
This is actually a nice design. Considerably better than a longer iPhone 4S leaks we've been seeing. It would've been great giving the next iPhone this look and retaining the iPhone's vintage feel. Sad it's not true. But it's not difficult for Apple to achieve seeing that their new patented touchscreen allows devices to be thinner.
33. mas11 (Posts: 1028; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Did anyone really think Apple would change their basic design?
34. Hafiz (Posts: 78; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
Make something like this and we wil call you revolutionary once again after 2007!!
37. rla2680 (Posts: 18; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
if it was the actual design, yeah it would be good.......howeeverrrr