After hours, RIM's shares soar 18% thanks to smaller than expected quarterly loss
0. phoneArena posted on 27 Sep 2012, 17:35
RIM reported a fiscal second quarter loss that was less than expected and the stock soared 14% in after hours trading; the companyt lost $235 million in the three month period versus a profit of $329 million in the same quarter last year...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PhenomFaz posted on 27 Sep 2012, 17:46 6 2
Finally! Looks like RIM may make it to the shore after all!
But if they return to their snub monopolistic ways again, then it wont be long before we sing Bye Bye!
The situation at RIM must be really desperate when shares soar after a 'lesser than expected loss' scenario.
17. Femto posted on 27 Sep 2012, 20:26 0 2
You got it. These are sad times for a company when losing only $235 million bucks in a quarter is considered great news - causing your stock to go up 18%.
3. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 27 Sep 2012, 18:30 9 1
really really good news!!! happy to see RIM on rise now!! BB10 might be the REAL answer!!!
im literally crying for happiness!
haters gonna hate but RIM will still be there fighting and not loosing its identity as BlackBerry Maker!
4. wendygarett (limited) posted on 27 Sep 2012, 18:48 4 1
Thank you blackberry nation :D
And release the bb10 already :D
7. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 27 Sep 2012, 19:19 3 1
i know!! cant wait for the real device!!! there's a leak about BB's upcoming QWERTY and full touch!
hope this is true!
29. kapoorsunny posted on 28 Oct 2012, 23:48 0 0
So who all are buying the Blackberry stock shares :)
happy times are about to come :)
5. Jelly_Bean posted on 27 Sep 2012, 19:03 5 2
I believe they will make a very good come back in smartphone market.
After all BB is the one who taught people what is the meaning of a smart device and we all know which company has copied their stuff....!!!
6. RapidCat posted on 27 Sep 2012, 19:08 0 1
90% of myfriends own BB.
what did you do if more than 100 people keep asking aboun PIN :(
8. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 27 Sep 2012, 19:20 1 1
Im happy to see the RIM is making a slowly but surely rise because its about time the Appl, Android, and Windows have some additional competition. The only way the human race can evolve is through innovation and competition, not lawsuits. Id love to see a blackberry with android on it! :)
10. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 27 Sep 2012, 19:38 0 3
i was lost with "Id love to see a blackberry with android on it! :)"
26. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 08 Oct 2012, 19:15 0 0
Simple, I would love to see RIM make a blackberry handset with Android as the operating system in it. I say this because RIM's blackberry's are beautiful devices.
27. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 08 Oct 2012, 19:58 1 0
its also like asking nokia to make an android!
BB10 is beautiful so RIM dont need it!
9. theBankRobber posted on 27 Sep 2012, 19:34 2 1
Hope it has LTE, really looking forward to this and next year in june is my upgrade. Hope its out then.
11. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 27 Sep 2012, 19:41 0 1
dont worry... they'll use latest chips now! i've heard that they'll use qualcomm s4 chips on first BB10 so expect LTE... and Verizon, AT&T, Sprint and T-mobile are looking forward for the BB10 device!
and even the new playbook has an LTE chips even only with TI chips!
13. theBankRobber posted on 27 Sep 2012, 20:02 1 1
Yea after i posted my comment i remembered the LTE playbook, going to be a very competitive year in 2013
14. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 27 Sep 2012, 20:20 1 1
indeed!! and wish RIM the best!!!
16. MISTER.H (banned) posted on 27 Sep 2012, 20:25 0 0
Rim and Nokia are the same, struggling. Android and iOs leading.
20. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 27 Sep 2012, 20:41 0 1
dumbass!! stop you're hating coz i dont care! but you're really pathetic and low life twat!
15. MISTER.H (banned) posted on 27 Sep 2012, 20:21 0 3
It doesn't support full flash, neither root it, nor overclock the CPU.
18. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 27 Sep 2012, 20:40 0 0
PlayBook support flash!! so it will be pretty the same with BB10
why, is android JB and iOS supports flash? no!!!
19. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 27 Sep 2012, 20:41 0 0
you're really pathetic thumbing down every positive thing for BB!! maybe you and nicholas are brothers!
21. theBankRobber posted on 27 Sep 2012, 20:56 1 0
Yea why the hell would you come into a BB artical to talk s**t and thumbs down everyone? No really ask yourself that. I have a Android device and have had Android phones for the past few years and just because you dont like new things doesnt mean i wont. Also i could care less about rooting and all that other crap. My Motorola Photon 4g isnt rooted and i dont plan to as i like the already as it is. Your so called needs for Android is not my needs, flash is good but even if BB10 doesnt have flash, it will still be a great OS.
22. snowgator posted on 27 Sep 2012, 22:54 0 0
As big of a fan of WP as I am, is it crazy that I am a little excited about BB10? I just think I may wait until I see how BB does with this before I completely write them off. Be funny if I end up liking this OS.
23. hltechie posted on 28 Sep 2012, 08:57 1 0
If BB10 turns out to be good I might consider switching back to a BlackBerry. I just wish there were more apps to choose from, or better apps for that matter.
This is good news though, I really hope BB makes a solid comeback and doesn't die :(
24. downphoenix posted on 28 Sep 2012, 12:29 0 0
This is good news for them. It does call into question the validity of the stock market model though, its based more on random fiat and panic or good expectations rather than actual market performance.
25. Googlethis posted on 28 Sep 2012, 19:15 0 0
come one blackberry you can hang in there and boost your sales again. the only phones that ive chucked a freezer door and do more damage to the freezer door and still work perfectly.