After dismissing Apple's patent lawsuit, Tokyo court now snubs Samsung too
0. phoneArena 22 Oct 2012, 05:32 posted on
The court said that Apple's way to download apps is different than what Samsung has patented, and that the airplane mode is just "an extension of past innovations". Perhaps the decision should serve as a lesson of judicial responsibility, unlike the home turf trials in the US and South Korea, where everyone ruled for their native teams, and we are waiting the appeals now...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. No_Nonsense (Posts: 825; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
We need more courts like these who throw utter BS patent suits out.
14. Danre (Posts: 85; Member since: 02 Sep 2012)
Yeah! totally right.
tell this to American Court uhhhh...Lucy Kohhhh
16. metalpoet (unregistered)
"Rooting for their home teams" I am an American citizen, and I was rooting for Samsung to kick Apples a**!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2375; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
this is only showing them how childish these lawsuits have been from the very beginning......let the truth prevail.......nothing else
17. metalpoet (unregistered)
Leave it to a country that doesnt make either the iS*ck or Samsung to actually shed some light on how stupid the whole patent wars really are. I wish the American company(Apple inc.) would take note and pull their heads out of their a**es!
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2952; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I hope they don't patent phones that can shoot bullets...the world could be on a "mobile" war!!
18. metalpoet (unregistered)
If they make a phone that shoots bullets then I am in trouble because there are too many people that id love to shoot in a non lethal spot but i dont because I dont have a gun haha!
21. someones4 (Posts: 607; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Or they can patent guns that can make calls. Let's hope that they remember that the trigger is NOT the answer button.
4. rusticguy (Posts: 2699; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
All patent suits (irrespective of parties involved) should be thrown out into garbage can If the complainant loses (like in this case both lost) then they should be made to pay heavy fines to court for wasting time.
5. eisenbricher (Posts: 920; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Give those companies taste of Indian courts.... with lawsuits lasting for years the companies would never dare to file any lawsuit again.
12. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
lol. very true. here in India its probably gonna take 10 to 15 years for a verdict.
22. rusticguy (Posts: 2699; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
That's why Tim Cook said ... India is a difficult territory. In India Patents can be annulled in Public Interest as per law here ... and certain things never get a patent here :)
6. angelesmec (Posts: 107; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
It's ok. Enough of that patent wars, meanwhile I am enjoying my Samsung!
19. metalpoet (unregistered)
haha yes, oh i love my GS3!
8. networkdood (Posts: 4749; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Do not mess around in Japan - that there is SONY COUNTRY!! lol
10. someones4 (Posts: 607; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
An expectable result. Either samsung wins or both of them loses. Apple has no grounds here. let this serve as a lesson to timmy boy.
11. CDGMobile (Posts: 29; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Looks like they get it in that court system over there, "an extension of past innovations" yeah that's what everyone needs to remember all phones today aren't designed from scratch these companies need to get back at making phones and providing apps with security and proper functioning
13. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 661; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
I'm going to patent stupid lawsuits and make a killing!
20. metalpoet (unregistered)
I am going to patent making patents and then everyone will lose but me hahahah! just kidding.