Adding another 100,000 WP7 Facebook users hints to roughly 8-9 million Windows Phones out there
0. phoneArena 18 Jan 2012, 10:37 posted on
Adding yet another 1.3 million users to its tally, that figure brings the total amount of active Windows Phone Facebook users to somewhere around 8 to 9 million – according to the recorded figures and graph provided. Naturally, the trend seems to be on a positive...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
and i guess nokia is responsible for some of these good numbers
10. ReturningToNokia (Posts: 130; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
Hopefully. Given that Nokia just released one of their devices last week, it would be nice to see the number grow exponentially especially when the L900 is released.
We shall see....
8. lp_522 (Posts: 25; Member since: 31 May 2011)
as any inspiring product should be in fierce competition like mobile OS's. keep it up Microsoft! more products, more choices, better for the consumer all around!
12. mozes316 (Posts: 142; Member since: 30 Sep 2011)
No, definitely. I have one myself and it's decent.
It just seems like every article for WP7 is just their numbers, and showing hope. Well that or something about Nokia.
No Windows bashing. =P
3. Glim12808 (Posts: 394; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Great to know that the graph is going up LOL! When I bought my WP7 device a month ago, I thought I was the only one so I'm glad I have company LOL! I have no regrets, none at all, buying the phone. I love my WP7 as much as I love my Android!
4. c.hack (Posts: 526; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
Doesn't Android add that many users about every minute?
7. lp_522 (Posts: 25; Member since: 31 May 2011)
And your point being c.hack? The article is only stating that WP7 is gaining some noteworthy momentum. It has nothing to do about competition or who gets more Facebook users in a month.
6. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1422; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
10 million.....thats the same number of S2's sold this year....
9. Striker (Posts: 92; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Yeah, and the number of Iphones 4S sold in 5 days :) Anyway I like WP most of all, so good luck Nokia and MS!
11. pathmarkpolice (Posts: 102; Member since: 05 Feb 2009)
Windows Phone 7 is a great product, and I hope cell phone manufacturers keep on churning out good quality phones for the OS. Really interested to see the Lumia 900 in person!
13. Mozarrt (Posts: 297; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Hopefully Windows Phone will get more traction, This OS is too good to be ignored.
14. remixfa (Posts: 14252; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
it got a much bigger bump according to that graph for this christmas than it did last christmas.. so thats good. That mean's it was on people's wish lists and under their trees.
15. McLTE (Posts: 732; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Funny.. I work for a big corporation and interface with many people.. I know exactly ONE person who has a Windows Phone.. and she hates it!
16. snowgator (Posts: 3345; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Huh... That is funny. I have yet to meet anyone who doesn't like it, even if they prefer another OS. I also.know 2 Verizon customers who are happily waiting to see if WP comes their way this Summer as they love my wife's Titan and my "S". Just imagine how these numbers would improve if there is a LTE Nokia and HTC on Big Red running Apollo.....
17. Penny (Posts: 1362; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Verizon is definitely a big player, and you can't get to the top in the U.S. without going through them at some point.
However, maybe WP is better off going through AT&T first, just like the iPhone did. They can use AT&T to generate enough interest to make Verizon users demand it from their carrier. If they can do that, it could potentially create more buzz and more demand.
19. remixfa (Posts: 14252; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Apple went through ATT, Android went through VZW. Either way you can be a big player. The problem with ATT is that they are still very dependantly tied to the iphone. I think it would stand a better chance of fair advertising and store placement at VZW. I can tell you that its starting to pick up at Tmobile already from word of mouth and from what little ads there are. We used to sell like 1 a month if we were lucky, now we sell a handful a week. I wouldnt be surprised to see the 710 take a top 3 spot for january.
18. CellularNinja (Posts: 306; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
I think the number will continue to go up. I have a friend with an iPhone, who, after seeing my Samsung Focus, said he's getting a Windows Phone next upgrade.
20. joey18 (Posts: 570; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
For how long when samsung galaxy 3 comes or nokia goes to android
23. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 923; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
Picking up some steam?! It will only be getting hotter and hotter for WP... this platform is heavily invested in and it walks the walk. Rob Swanson would endorse this product!
24. cdgoin (Posts: 376; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
Windows will be the "New" phone to upgrade too.. once WP starts showing real momentum, regular apps and "advertised" apps for things like Chevy, your local bank, etc.. will be ported to WP too.. and then WP will start to really gain market share.