Action Center for Windows Phone 8.1 shown on video
0. phoneArena 19 Feb 2014, 10:37 posted on
The flood of information about the Windows Phone 8.1 update continues, and as has become customary, the new info is coming from the Windows Phone 8.1 SDK. It looks like a new version of the update has been pushed, because we're finally getting a look at the new Action Center through the majesty of video rather than just still images...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. papss (unregistered)
More good information regarding this rather large update.
6. akki20892 (Posts: 3659; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Can't wait for 8.1. They have done bunch of improvement. Bunch of features, I'm excited.
12. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3562; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
They can't say that WP doesn't have features after 8.1!
18. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Windows is a new OS. it needs time to develop more features. Android, iOS, Blackberry. they all had their beginning as well.
People complaining are either very new to mobile market and never used those java based flip phones.
20. akki20892 (Posts: 3659; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Well said dude. I totally agree. Last sentence is very affective.
26. fireblade (Posts: 714; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
it copies android but still not good as android (which can customize anything)
27. akki20892 (Posts: 3659; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
My nexus 5 can't customize toggles button in notification.
2. aayupanday (Posts: 528; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
WP finally catching up.. All they need now is a proper file manager.
BTW the device seems to be a Lumia 520 or 525
5. TuanGugu (Posts: 46; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
No it is not Lumia 525. I own one & it is different.. For example the Nokia branding for 525 is in the middle, not on the right. Hehe
8. ZeroCide (Posts: 700; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
I agree that a proper file manager is an improtant feature to WP. I hope they add this by release time as WP gets closer to being like RT which is like the PC version of windows. I hope this is in the plan as they unify the OS.
10. Doakie (Posts: 1330; Member since: 06 May 2009)
For me they need proper Google Services support then they'd earn their place at the big boys table. Without Google Services Windows Phone is as dead to me as webOS; fun to play with, but just a novelty.
11. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3562; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
There is going to be a "file picker" similar to what W8.1 has..
22. Liveitup (Posts: 1589; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
3. karim77 (Posts: 67; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Well that's something good and refreshing that make us forget the stupid on screens button of the htc M8
4. freebee269 (Posts: 528; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
This article is wrong. This is not a new version of the update. This is a an old build of wp8.1 SDK. So the action center may not even be like this come Microsoft build conference in April. Also this phone doesn't have a Sim card in it or Microsoft account connected to it so it doesn't show apps that will be allowed in the action center also.
9. cleat-glitch (Posts: 109; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
sorry...i just came to this article because i saw a yellow nokia
13. lucid.brat (Posts: 104; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Its ok man...you don't have to say sry for this
14. Nabil2511 (Posts: 149; Member since: 27 Jan 2014)
why is it only 4 items at a time? can you add more?
23. X.E.R.O. (unregistered)
WP is starting to look like Android, which isn't a bad thing.
24. Liveitup (Posts: 1589; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
No, Android is starting to look like WP in aesthetics and features, WP has added features Android users and others alike had been asking for, big difference.
25. hurrycanger (Posts: 1301; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Not a bad thing at all. More power to the consumer! :D