Acer takes wraps off Iconia W4 8-inch tablet: Windows 8.1 and improved display
0. phoneArena 17 Oct 2013, 06:47 posted on
Acer has just taken the wraps off its Iconia W4 8-inch tablet running on the brand new Windows 8.1 and the tablet comes with an improved display…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. fouadqr (Posts: 326; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
Awesome .. windows 8 is better than android 4.4 and ios 8 on tablet's
9. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3577; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I assume you know this because of your vast experience with 4.4 & iOS 8, correct?
2. hmd74 (Posts: 475; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
I didn't get it...
Is the CPU powerful or not?
3. Eonnaydra (Posts: 217; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Its on par or better than A7 so it is a beast for a handset like this.
12. livyatan (Posts: 867; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
No the A7 is better by far.
See, others can play your pathetic game too ! :)
Now seriously, the A7 is roughly on par with CPU and a lot better in GPU.
That is how they compare, no matter what the shatter troll spews.
Besides, the tablet version of A7 will be FAR superior to this Bay Trail, period.
13. JojoGo101 (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
You both are pathetic, the A7 is made for phones. The 4th Bay Trail Intel processor is capable of Running Windows 8, so there is no competition here.
4. noler (Posts: 313; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
It run full windows 8.1 OS, so yes but it is not core i7/i5.
7. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1477; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Don't trust them. It seems there is too much Intel fanboyism here.
The Chip is quite OK, around a Quad core A15 in CPU power, as they don't use the most powerful implementation for Bay Trail.
The GPU is nothing to write home about, a bit over the Mali 604 or the Adreno 320, but worse than the one in the Apple A7, the Tegra 4 or Adreno 330.
The A7 is A LOT better than this chip in CPU, prove of that:
Think that for mobile the most important number is the "Geekbench 3 Score", no the Multicore one. And it is 1411 against 789
10. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Don't worry about that, most tech geeks know about it and normal or ordinary users don't even read PA :)
5. anleoflippy (Posts: 579; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
These Windows 8.1 tablet in an 8 inch form factor is really interesting.
8. uchihakurtz (Posts: 333; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Wow, 330 USD, I so wanna try this.
A bit off topic, but isn't Ubuntu Touch supposed to be released or announced today? Any news on that? :\
11. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1404; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Hmm I would go for the Lenovo 8 inch Windows 8.1 over this one it's cheaper for the same
64 gigs of main memory. The dell 8 inch Windows 8.1 tablet is not that bad ether. the Windows 8 inch 8 inch tablets I think will sell pretty well because thecost 300 380 dollars.
the lenovo Windows 8.1-8 inch tablet can be bought with 128 gigs of main memory.