Acer launches the Liquid X1, an octa-core Android smartphone for under $300
0. phoneArena 25 Aug 2014, 09:09 posted on
The Acer Liquid X1 is currently available only in Asia, but it should also be released in Europe in the near future...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Wow, this looks gorgeous! But why not 1080p screen?
4. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 894; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Why? Because it's a simple logic : this phone is not a flagship or in other words it's a midranger.
5. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3702; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Yeah, and Sammy brought the dimpled trend. :)
7. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
what they did with liquid s2, it was pretty disappointing... they should not launch flagship phone... they are better in midrange catagory
18. mottykels (Posts: 379; Member since: 15 May 2013)
1.7ghz octacore is laggy on full hd display thats why
20. duMaurier (Posts: 2; Member since: 27 Jan 2014)
Yeah I wouldnt buy a 1080p screen on any phone using the current MediaTek CPUs. Maybe next year and 720p is more than enough for me and most people. Am I right, people?
9. GreekGeek (Posts: 1276; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
if you know darn well about Chinese Octa phones, this thing isn't really the best bang for your buck, in fact.... far from it.
13. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
You know that angle of attack is a weak one.
Acer doesn't make high end stuff but do put out a decent product.
At $260 clams, this is a good deal.
Explain this comment further as in a fact?
14. gigantos (Posts: 63; Member since: 25 Jul 2013)
Well it's a good deal, just not good enough to get more market share in Taiwan as they aim. Here in Taiwan with the same buck (8000NTD or $260) we could get better bangs : for example there is bara 1 with the same chipset but a 5" 1080p, 5.5mm body, and better yet, Gplus E7 with 5.5" 1080p, 16MP camera and Snapdragon 800. Xiaomi Mi 3 is even sold at only $210, $50 lower than this Acer phone asks!
15. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Good food for thought.
Here in N/A that is a stellar deal imo.
3. Duketytz (Posts: 534; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
What is that metallic circle at the back of the device? For casing or charging purposes?
6. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
It's Acer's RAPID button, it can be used to open apps quickly or taking selfies etc.
8. GreekGeek (Posts: 1276; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Look closely, it has an SoC that isn't even on par with Snapdragon 600 and it is selling at a significantly higher SRP compared to Xiaomi's Mi3 (which is aLOT superior in every aspect)
10. blitzkreig (Posts: 103; Member since: 18 Aug 2014)
Yaaawn.. Same specs as the redmi note. Double the price..
12. Pattyface (Posts: 1511; Member since: 20 Aug 2014)
Not at all interested in this company or phone. I'm sure there will be a lack of support from them. Also why is it that red versus a more vibrant red?
16. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Octa-core means nothing if it's made by MediaTek. Give me an octa-core Snapdragon, then I'm interested...
17. ffffll (Posts: 14; Member since: 25 Aug 2014)
plz, u could mention Taiwan is the manufacture place, but do not say it a country. same as u will never oddly say that California is the home country of Google. no offence