Acer Liquid Z3 is official – cheap Android in a small package
0. phoneArena 05 Aug 2013, 00:32 posted on
Acer has been working on a new 3.5-inch smartphone for a while now – an Android handset that is supposedly good despite its smaller package. However, we sure hope that the newly announced Acer Liquid Z3 isn't the device the company has in mind. This new low-cost model comes with specs that put it in the entry-level category, including a 1GHz dual-core processor of unknown make and model, a 3.5-inch display of presumably mediocre resolution, 4GB of storage, and a 3MP rear camera...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 365; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Yeah,android requires more hardware to run smoothly,Like quadcore,octacore & 2gb,4gb etc
4. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4166; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
More like dual core and 1 GB of RAM with properly optimized software.
10. boosook (Posts: 1211; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
they just require 1gb of ram, btw the same is true for WP (unless you want to run only basic games/apps).
6. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 726; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Hehh, my galaxy mini 2 almost as smooth as high-end android smartphones.
It's rooted, and uses custom launcher with demanding ui graphics.
7. Topcat488 (Posts: 1195; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
This smartphone is coming with 4.2 out the box... You really should learn more about tech and handle the phone before you speak... Compared to the iphone 5C or the Nokia 520, this smartphone should beat them both, in price and functions.
9. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 726; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
I've upgraded my Xperia Acro s to 4.1.2, but the ui is choppier than before. I don't know why, but i really doubt that the project butter can do something to the ui in my phone.
3. PootisMan (Posts: 223; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
That's very true and the price I think is honestly a bit to high for this kind of hardware.
8. Topcat488 (Posts: 1195; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Dude, what are you talking about... Where can you buy a updated smartphone for $132.00 off contract with dual-SIM...
And a dual processor from none other than the KING of low-end processors, that's right MediaTek.
Even if the editors don't say which processor is going in this, we all know.
11. PootisMan (Posts: 223; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
That's true but seriously I can a used almost new.unlocked galaxy Nexus for like 50 to 60 bucks more.
14. paeschli (Posts: 16; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
The display is not of mediocre resolution but has 320 x 480 pixels, which gives about ~165 ppi pixel density for a 3.5 inches screen.
I bought it a week ago and it is without doubt the best smartphone you can get for €99. :)