Acer Iconia W700 Windows 8 tablet heading for October 26th release priced at $799.99 to $999.99
0. phoneArena posted on 05 Oct 2012, 01:59
With Microsoft expected to launch its Microsoft Surface tablets at the stroke of midnight on October 26th, Acer plans on releasing its Windows 8 tablet the same day; the company will be making the Acer Iconia W700 available on that date for $799.99...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 05 Oct 2012, 02:02 5 0
this may as well be a laptop with those specs! wow
4. neutralguy posted on 05 Oct 2012, 02:18 2 0
did you missed the point? That's how these tablets are made. Windows 8 on a tablet that can function like a laptop :O
8. PhenomFaz posted on 05 Oct 2012, 05:57 0 0
Yeah but what I dont get is why are the specs inferior even when compared to an ultrabook?
And for the life of me wht cant they get the price right? Its not like Acer is dominating in market share!
9. speckledapple posted on 05 Oct 2012, 08:35 0 0
I think its because its not an ultrabook.
13. PhenomFaz posted on 05 Oct 2012, 11:16 0 0
YEAH but isnt windows 8 allabout merging the tablet and ultrabook experience?
i m talking about the win8 full version not RT
11. neutralguy posted on 05 Oct 2012, 09:45 0 0
ultrabooks are fully functional laptops. And these are thicker and more spacious compared to tablets, so it could fit more superior specifications such as dedicated/integrated video card and other more. These PC tablets are the next big thing to happen in PC world after laptop era.
And regarding the price range, it's quite okay. You don't have to be the best in the market to dictate the pricepoint. You just need to analyze on what price would it suit best. And I think, the price is acceptable.
2. kamil posted on 05 Oct 2012, 02:03 6 0
really nice design especially with the red accent at the speaker grill nice job Acer
3. deacz posted on 05 Oct 2012, 02:04 0 2
really dont se a point with something this massive vs an ultrabook
5. Mercenary posted on 05 Oct 2012, 02:31 2 0
With that price I can get a high specs 15-17 inches laptop for gaming.
6. Bluesky02 posted on 05 Oct 2012, 03:59 1 0
Or a monster high spec PC gaming rig. But i think by 2014 Ultrabooks and Win Tablets prices will come down.
Remember how Android Tablets used to be expensive long ago?
Now it's cheap or affordable.
10. speckledapple posted on 05 Oct 2012, 08:36 0 0
Good point which is why I am waiting to maybe early 2013 to buy my first hybrid windows tablet/laptop. Prices should definetely come down.
7. Droids-R-us posted on 05 Oct 2012, 04:30 1 1
Its about time Someone made a Good looking Windows device, Look out Apple your not the only one now!
12. maxican16 posted on 05 Oct 2012, 10:39 0 0
That's too much. And this is an Acer product. What will the premium models come in at?? I'll pass.
14. animeware posted on 05 Oct 2012, 12:35 0 0
not buying it and plus got windows 8 no thank you....