Acer CEO on Microsoft Surface: “It is not something you are good at so please think twice”
0. phoneArena 07 Aug 2012, 03:44 posted on
Microsoft’s hardware partners are definitely not happy about the Microsoft Surface. Moreover, Acer chief executive spelled it right out, straight and honest to Microsoft…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
oh please ACER please look on your device... do you think they are up to good?!...
i have an acer loptop only lasted 1 1/2 year...
acer make substandard loptops!
4. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
And their tabs sucks
Touch screen not responsive / sensitive enough
Screen sucks , update slow
Not to mention their phones , comes with a terrible skinned version of android . Their skin made android a lot worse
Asus > acer
29. sgtdisturbed47 (Posts: 375; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
I've never had issues with Acer desktop displays (20" and 24" for multiple clients), or Acer laptops and Netbooks. Yet, I see HP, Dell, and Toshiba laptops die left and right.
That's just my experience.
33. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
agree with you asus loptop is better than acer... i bought a new one and its asus.. and its really better!
34. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
and what i dont really understand is that people in asia likes american name (hp, dell, apple, etc) and america likes using asian name (samsung, htc, asus, etc)
36. joey_sfb (Posts: 5184; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
i have a pentium 4 Acer notebook still going strong... bought 2000. I also have a gateway net book that is ok also.
M$ is mimicking Apple and Apple don't have OEM to divide out their 77% of global Smart devices profit. Trillons dollar company, making M$ red in the eyes.
So M$ is going to burn their ex-partner OEM alive. Its just a matter of timing.
5. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Sorry I want to thumb you up but clicked the wrong button
10. Schuler2828 (Posts: 59; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
You must be insane I have an Acer laptop and it has lasted much longer than hp it over heats and battery gone Sony, they were old and slow broke soon. But by far the Acer laptop I have has lasted a good 5 years including a 3 year old standing on it all the time. I've had a good experience and will definetley buy an Ultrabook when this ones done for. What brand do you recommend then?
31. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
asus and sony makes good loptop! my problem with acer is very normal... i read some people having same issue.. its all because of motherboard! they will just broke down after the waranty... i didnt even touch anything of it! and i didnt bought it in my country.... its from the outside. hawaii to be exact!
38. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Actually every brand is almost the same
But acer's reliability in their PC is below average
Depends on how much you willing to spend on a pc
A usd1500 acer is defiantly better than a usd700 hp
20. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Agreed.. its been 2 years for my Acer and already its keys have started to come apart, got the keyboard replaced 3 times.. My HP/Compaq6710b notebook still works which i got back in 2006 and has never given any problem, even the keyboard is in good shape!!... Never again going to buy Acer.
32. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
yeh... i have compaq too... and its almost six years and still working.. i have some issue with it before but just im my shock it repair itself..
25. sinple (Posts: 129; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
i had to call Acer's technician once a year for repair. Even changed the whole mother board twice in 5 years
27. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 371; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Never get a acer laptop.
In mine it crashes if cpu frequency is set to max.
Dell is best ?
28. JC557 (Posts: 1312; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Yes, Acer really cheaps out on their products. Their monitors are decent but the displays on most of their laptops are quite bad compared to other OEMs and despite being called out on this Acer simply keeps churning out the same tired stuff. What happened to the claim that they will start creating high quality products to compete with the likes of Apple?
30. The_Godfather (Posts: 186; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Look at Acer out of 1000000000 tablets or laptops tout there. The ratio is (Acer)10 : 10000000000 (Other manufacturers) lolzzzzzzzzzzz
2. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
i would want to know what Asus has to say about this...
but seriously, the surface is good. acer... uhh... sucks?
3. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 637; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Microsoft's hardware was allways top-notch. Acer's isn't.
6. tigermcm (Posts: 851; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
I think what MS is doing is GREAT!!! Basically MS is saying this is what it should be now top that which i love
7. jove39 (Posts: 1742; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Mr. Wang...There is a reason for MS to build their own tablet...Partners like you have failed terribly to make a good tablet!
9. jeff1434325 (Posts: 97; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
What Mr. Wang and perhaps even other OEMs are failing to grasp is that Microsoft may have had to take the drastic step of manufacturing its own hardware because companies like Acer are incapable of doing a good job.
8. jeff1434325 (Posts: 97; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
Maybe Mr. Wang should take a look at some of Acer’s own products before telling others they are not good at something.
11. rigorimpossible (Posts: 22; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
give me a break acer ... just look how ugly your products are ...
12. zeljonsu (Posts: 22; Member since: 24 May 2012)
Acer: “It is not something you are good at so please think twice”
Microsoft: well LOOK WHO'S TALKING?!
13. StreetNerd (Posts: 819; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Make a better tablet thn the Surface or STFU!
14. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
Even though I don't like Acer, I have to agree...
Xbox failure rate = 54%
16. evolutionqy7 (Posts: 38; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Its not like PS3 disc drives don't fail?
What was that? The yellow light of death for the PS3 doesn't ring a bell?
22. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
Eh, all consoles have failure rates; but none of them got to as high as 54%
37. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Xbox 18 months number one console and still going strong. 54% must be >5 years ago.
17. djripster (Posts: 138; Member since: 10 Dec 2011)
The idea is to win an audience by making better products...
18. darkvadervip (Posts: 365; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Well if microsoft makes a better tablet that mean others need to step there game up. You don't see samsung complaining!
19. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
Now acer will teach every1 to how to make a tablet
21. DFranch (Posts: 197; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
If MS isn't good at it, than why does the surface look so much better than any Acer tablet? I could understand the initial sour grapes from Acer, but now he really just looks childish. If Acer is so good at it, then it should be easy to make something better.
23. So-Sayz-Eye (Posts: 30; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
If Acer believes MS will fail at the surface why complain so loudly. If failure is immenent the way Acer makes it sound I would be sitting back with beer laughing. But obviously they are afraid that they wont be allowed to keep up the mediocre quality of their products if MS has stepped up. Samsung if anyone should be complaining. Afterall they made their Win8 demo tablets and are the real true tablet makers for Android, followed by Asus. So those are the guys to complain. Acer should sit back and laugh it up or go back to the drawing baord and come up wit something revolutionary!
24. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1505; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Folks like I said before Microsoft is opening real physical stores to sell their stuff. Only a nut would think they would not sell some devices that have their Microsoft brand name on them in their new stores. Microsoft must make a good windows 8 tablet or else the Ipad will become the de facto Enterprise tablet computer and cut into the Enterprise business which is Microsoft's bread and butter so you can bet you buttocks that good old Microsoft will keep working at making a good windows tablet computer for the Enterprise to use
26. TortillaSlap (Posts: 43; Member since: 05 Aug 2012)
Im sitting here with my MS mouse and super nice MS keyboard, and I disagree. They have some very nice things under their brand. Sounds like whiney manufacturers to me. And its Acer whining.. not Sammy or Asus. Come to me when a brand people care about is scared.
35. AeroPrime (Posts: 175; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
Mr Wang i've got two words for you...Shut Up!..... You don't tell MS what to do.... they know what they are doing and they know the risk.... You should be told by MS what to do and not the other way round. Your Product sucks...I purchased your desktop and it didn't last long. I bought your Laptop it fails to the core. There's reason why you shouldn't say anything about the Surface. First, MS has been long in the business...long enough to get qualified to consult on device solutions. You don't tell MS what they did wrong unless is absolutely wrong. I think the Surface is one hell of the tablet and it's capabilities is much more superb than a tablet. So you got nothing good to say about your Acer product, don't say anything about other company's product line. Mr Wang... you are out of your mind for opening your mouth like that.