AU Optronics demonstrating 5-inch, 1080p OLED display that is coming soon
0. phoneArena 09 Apr 2013, 07:51 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy S4 stands out with its vibrant 5-inch Super AMOLED display, but Samsung is not the only company that can manufacture them...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Bring it to Sony, or LG? Or maybe HTC? Or maybe.........??????
5. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
......Nokia...maybe Huawei etc..........
7. NickPeters (Posts: 64; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Maybe but MAYBE he meant Apple or Nokia or even Huawei...? Seriously? Their screens are good enough.
I understand about Sony but HTC and LG? Why? Their screens are also excellent with their SuperLCD 3 and IPS LCD technology.
9. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I know their screens are good enough already.
But I just hope that there will be a even better screen in the future...........
12. NickPeters (Posts: 64; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
We all want better stuff in the future, of course.
10. Luisit0 (Posts: 73; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
I agree, but power consumption does leave me wondering....
11. NickPeters (Posts: 64; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Well that's true. Although the LCD tech gets more and more power efficient, the (AM)OLED is the best one out there to consume the least power. Who knows what's gonna happen in future...
2. phonewarz (Posts: 9; Member since: 03 Apr 2013)
Competition is a good thing. I wonder if it's pentile or full RGB and how the brightness, battery consumption and viewing angles compare to the S4.
8. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1047; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Anything with an Amoled screen gets my attention.