AT&T's blackout date for employee vacations points to a coming new Apple iPhone launch
0. phoneArena posted on 30 Jul 2011, 22:04
Since the launch of the Apple iPhone 3G, fans knew that the release of the latest version was coming soon when word leaked that AT&T employees were being prevented from taking their vacation during a specific two week blackout period...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. superguy posted on 30 Jul 2011, 22:42 4 0
Last two weeks of September starts on Sept 16, which is definitely the middle of the month. If they're expecting high volume starting then and thru the end of the month, I don't see how that's inconsistent with the other stories.
4. What the? (unregistered) posted on 30 Jul 2011, 23:24 3 0
Do they know the meaning of the word "conflicting"?
Here I'll spell it out for the moron that wrote this article.
Sept = 30 days
2 weeks = 14 days
30 - 14 = 16
with me so far?
5. OMG!!!!!! (unregistered) posted on 30 Jul 2011, 23:38 1 0
Can't believe I wasted my time reading this article!!!
If not because of the funny comments I would be really mad!!!
6. E.N. posted on 30 Jul 2011, 23:54 1 0
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, haha. The last two weeks = the mid-September to the end of September. This fits in perfectly with the other stories
8. Moron Finder (unregistered) posted on 31 Jul 2011, 04:02 0 3
If something starts in the middle of a month, it is not the same as if it starts at the end of the month. The article writer is absolutely right. You guys are the morons.
9. E.N. posted on 31 Jul 2011, 04:25 0 0
"Claiming to toil for AT&T, the tipster said that employees of the carrier are being told that they cannot take a vacation during the last two weeks of September. Obviously, that would seem to indicate that the Apple iPhone 5 will launch during the last two weeks of September."
I see where the confusion might be. They were probably referencing two different tipsters. Maybe? I don't know, pretty confused now.
But anyway i just want to see the damn thing already so I can know if I'm buying it or not.
10. The_Miz posted on 31 Jul 2011, 08:10 1 3
Just goes to show you that Apple knows how to make quality products.
11. superguy posted on 31 Jul 2011, 09:31 1 0
Apple could put out a turd, slap it's logo on it and people would still buy it.
13. LAYZ (unregistered) posted on 31 Jul 2011, 11:59 0 0
Apparently no one at phonearena is aware of this, but 14 days before the end of a 30 day month is what would be considered the "middle" of the month.
14. That AT&T dude (unregistered) posted on 31 Jul 2011, 15:39 0 0
Totally work for AT&T.... Um this isn't true just FYI. I am allowed to take my vacation to Nagshead those last two week....
15. dancore (unregistered) posted on 31 Jul 2011, 19:34 0 0
My sister works @ ATT and this is FALSE