AT&T's HTC All New One / M8 pictured in all its glory
0. phoneArena 28 Feb 2014, 10:41 posted on
We don't known when the All New HTC One will be available at AT&T, but we're assuming it's going to happen shortly after the handset's official announcement (March 25)...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7354; Member since: 14 May 2012)
That little bezel with HTC on the front is killing me... Can't wait until March 25th.
24. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 815; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Honestly, it doesn't even take a mania to obsess over that. It is maddening that HTC saw fit to just blatantly waste space there for no good or useful reason.
31. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 370; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
For no good reason? So I guess the thousands of engineers were like "after few bears, they sat and said lets leave the black space just to irritate our clients". Only them and the designers know why and what. And I am sure there is a good reason.
68. jove39 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
May be there is but that good reason has made phone look less good ;)
61. Dadler22 (Posts: 161; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
I didn't know you were an electrical engineer
30. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3875; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
There are rumors that the HTC logo will have a function like everybody wanted with the One, if that's true, I think the bit of extra bezel will be worth it. Even if it doesn't have a function, this new One still looks amazing.
75. fzacek (Posts: 1214; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Maybe the logo will act like a fingerprint sensor. I hope that's the case, because otherwise it would just be stupidly wasted space to make the phone even bigger than it already is.
52. maherk (Posts: 783; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Hands down, this is the best looking device in the industry, followed by the iPhone 5S. The only thing that holds me back from getting one is the fact that I rely too much on removable batteries, plus the camera modes in touchwiz is incomparable. As for the bezel, I couldn't care less about it. HTC needs to put more features into their UI, and put a better camera and maybe then things will start going their way. Looks are great, but sales has proven that they aren't the priority for the majority of the public.
58. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 815; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I prefer the fit and finish of the 5S, but I can't do the small screen, so the M8 will be my next.
66. Liveitup (Posts: 871; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
The Lumia 925 is arguably a more beautiful looking device, for me HTC one is an overrated smartphone, its a tweaked BB10 device at least from the front the back is nice looking ill give it that, the software is largely an imitation of Windows Phone UI, much like Nokia X and Tizen.
71. true1984 (Posts: 582; Member since: 23 May 2012)
so you never used the phone and you're complaining about the software? the imitation you're referring to is a screen that can be removed, not live tiles.
72. Liveitup (Posts: 871; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
I have used HTC one, this new HTC will no doubt extend upon Blinkfeed and its WP panorama UI likeness. The screen can be removed however that is not the point, the point is that this is the default homescreen, not the traditional Android homescreen..
78. CreedFrancis (Posts: 21; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)
Lol i'm a bit weirded out by the placement of the speakers, it's not symetrical.
79. CellularNinja (Posts: 298; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
Thanks for pointing that out now I hate the phone.
3. darkkjedii (Posts: 10102; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Sweet looking unit. Looks strong like the jedii. +1 HTC
12. newbey123 (Posts: 378; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Make mine the dark gray and take my money! Good job HTC.
64. darkkjedii (Posts: 10102; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I see what u did there, and loved it lol. +1
18. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7354; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I had to give you a +1 for the joke lol.
41. blingblingthing (Posts: 419; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Lol. +1 for you. I missed that pun.
All for one!
25. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7354; Member since: 14 May 2012)
That awkward moment when people think you're biased to one OS...
15. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 370; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
I guess band aid design plastic is your thing. Otherwise you are a sony fan which makes also beautiful phones like HTC. In any case your comment is fail because no reasons to back it up.
20. Kishin (Posts: 579; Member since: 30 May 2013)
All I m saying is the One design was better than this...
29. THE_Hulk (Posts: 55; Member since: 09 Feb 2014)
no man. the top speaker grill is shorter than the bottom one. the back has to black holes look like... eeewwwwhhh!!!!
26. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7354; Member since: 14 May 2012)
FYI, everyone is subjunctive to their opinion, are they not?
35. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 370; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Of course, but saying something is fail with no info of why you believe that is pointless. I think the S5 design is fail. But I think that because the back cover looks like band aid. It looks cheap. They made even bigger bezels when everyone is trying to make smaller. And the list goes on.
44. newbey123 (Posts: 378; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Oh dear God, please don't bring up the S5. I had just almost gotten the images of that pile out of my head.
49. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7354; Member since: 14 May 2012)
S5 looks great to me. OP should have elaborated on his comment though.
53. Gothbeard (Posts: 31; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
Power button on top, still = massive fail.
77. gorkapr (Posts: 41; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
i don't think is a fail, in design, they stick on a good design, but, they need to put better features, like better camera than the One, maybe it's time to use those good patents of apple and put the headphone controller on a HTC device. if you see the flash, they use the same type of flash of the iphone 5s, normal led and a amber led. if you combine that, with the ultrapixel and better camera than the One, maybe 8 -13 MP, will be asesome. the aluminium body was a great idea, and the boomsound too...
7. GeekMovement (Posts: 1499; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Can't make a final judgement call, but I think I prefer the gapless HTC One design. The gaps are probably because of the micro sd expansion/removable back. (?) Anyway, I'm still really excited for the announcement.
11. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 370; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
No removable back for sure. Most probably SD slot on the side. Looks good. Better than S5 in looks department.
38. Taters (Posts: 2584; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The HTC One had gaps all over the place, the injected plastic was very poorly done....... They fixed it with the mini and max though. This should be better, I hope for your sake.
I have no idea how you can stand HTC poor finishing though...
Looks like they could finish this properly either with the two crimping divets on the camera lens or it is just poorly cut. Suck T C for the lose! Haha
45. GeekMovement (Posts: 1499; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I guess what I meant by gaps is that edge around the phone. That material around the display and the front of the device that almost makes it look like a case is on it.
55. AfterShock (Posts: 2104; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
How about a good contrast, or decent depth of detail?
Looks crafted to my eyes, not saying you're wrong just maybe used to sea of slabs?
63. GeekMovement (Posts: 1499; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
It looks decent to me as well, but I still prefer the HTC One's design from looking at this leaked image. The One just looks more polished and simpler without the added extra.
8. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 505; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
If it really has SD card support I'm sold.
10. newbey123 (Posts: 378; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Yes, I'm on AT&T! Release and release it NOW HTC! I'm ready for this beautiful beast.
16. THE_Hulk (Posts: 55; Member since: 09 Feb 2014)
I am a fan of HTC One design but I'm not so sure if I would like the oval shaped ugly "thing"
28. THE_Hulk (Posts: 55; Member since: 09 Feb 2014)
seriouy man! where is the sexiness we all are waitingfor!!!
32. HTCOE (Posts: 406; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
rather have a brick design like the Sony variants? and unfortunately Apple patented the corner ratios of the phones design for their next iPhone reasons why HTC had to make the edges more round bc the outline of the next iPhone will be identical the the original HTC One
39. THE_Hulk (Posts: 55; Member since: 09 Feb 2014)
Sony may have a brick design but that looks kinda gorgeous and stylish. whatever, HTC One blows them all. but.... the All new One, it doesn't look sexy at all!!
40. THE_Hulk (Posts: 55; Member since: 09 Feb 2014)
Sony may have a brick design but that looks kinda stylish. whatever, HTC One blows them all with it's gorgeousness and sexiness. but.... the All new One, it doesn't look sexy at all!!
27. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Judging by this leaked picture, the phone looks too rounded, I really hope the real one will look better. Come on, HTC! You can do better than this. Show us the sexy One, the All New One.
37. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 370; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
I like it :) It probably fits better in your hand
54. AfterShock (Posts: 2104; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I bet it glides in and out of a pocket too.
Advantage+ there imo.
So not only easier to hold only.
36. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 356; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
I don't know how I feel about the rounded corners, but if it helps ergonomics and one handed usage then I am ALL for it.