AT&T will offer the HTC One (M8) for Windows too - eventually
0. phoneArena 19 Aug 2014, 19:57 posted on
The new HTC One (M8) for Windows may be a Verizon exclusive, but that exclusivity is clearly for a...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Carlitos (Posts: 480; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
This exclusivity is one of the major reasons to why Windows will disappear
4. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Windows will disappear?... Really?... I didn't know that....
16. Carlitos (Posts: 480; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Theid marker share is declining. Which is really bad specially when it's in the single digits to begin with. I personally don't want that to happen, but s**t like this only hurts them
2. aldridhl (Posts: 69; Member since: 12 Feb 2011)
Nice! Hopefully HTC will give some long term support for this thing..
3. theguy2345 (Posts: 1160; Member since: 24 Jun 2014)
That means it could still come to t-mo. Yay!
5. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Yeah, I think it's a very strong possibility.
9. theguy2345 (Posts: 1160; Member since: 24 Jun 2014)
I is awesome if it does, because if they are going to do the 820, 822, and 810( my phone ) again, it will be another disaster. As much as I like WP, never again I am going to get a Lumia from t-mo.
17. theguy2345 (Posts: 1160; Member since: 24 Jun 2014)
Yes. I have not got an official update since amber. I have the dev preview, but I would like official updates and firmware for my phone.
8. hurrycanger (Posts: 1546; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Heck yeah. Not like I would buy one (I'm not even planning to buy a flagship anymore this year) but it's gonna be cool.
10. theguy2345 (Posts: 1160; Member since: 24 Jun 2014)
Then why don't you try out the Lumia 830? I don't know if you like WP, but it is supposed to be the affordable high-end phone
11. hurrycanger (Posts: 1546; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Talking about WP alone, I don't feel like it's meant for me yet. The OS has gotten much better than before since 8.1, but I still have issues with some apps I frequently use.
I got a Lumia 521 in May last year, sold it in March or April, and just got a Lumia 635 about a month ago to experience WP 8.1 and the apps (to see if the app updates fixed the stuff).
Anyway, the Lumia 830 isn't even out yet, right? So I'll just wait and see then. With this HTC M8 for WP and quite a few WP devices from various manufacturers coming to the market, it is likely that developers would pay more attention to the WP apps and make some improvements, soon.
12. theguy2345 (Posts: 1160; Member since: 24 Jun 2014)
Sorry, forgot it isn't out yet. Recently, I never never had a problem with the apps in the store. But that is just my experience. I was just saying the Lumia 830 because it is supposed to have a snapdragon 800, 2 gigabytes of ram, and a 20 megapixel (more than most android flagships) pureview camera for around $300. To me, if you want a flagship phone but can't afford it or is just not interested, it is great. Still want the m8 with WP though
15. hurrycanger (Posts: 1546; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
I heard about its specs. But around $300? Dang, that's gooood. Right now the best affordable high-end phone to me is the LG G2 at T-mobile, which is $400.
I'm gonna keep an eye on that 830 for sure. Thanks for the info.
6. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Maybe John Chen can swing a deal and get the Blackberry OS running on the HTC One.
And with a choice of three operating systems, the HTC One would become the HTC Three.
7. javy108 (Posts: 1002; Member since: 27 Jul 2014)
No USB Tether is my only complaint with WP :c
14. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I already told you once...
18. javy108 (Posts: 1002; Member since: 27 Jul 2014)
e.e Sorry :$ Is because the follow option is disable