AT&T wants all computing devices to have cellular data
0. phoneArena 12 Sep 2012, 18:56 posted on
Stating that Wi-Fi is not enough, AT&T’s Glenn Lurie says that manufacturers of all types of computing device should ship with cellular data...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ap1989 (Posts: 145; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
And what make you think i'll get At&t data service
2. e.wvu (unregistered)
Looks like they were stuttering in the quote. Lol.
3. TheRetroReplay (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Of course AT&T wants all computing devices to have cell data, all wireless carriers want all computing devices to have cell data, its more money for them. An dof course they're going to try and get away with charging the most money for the smallest amount of data.
4. djripster (Posts: 138; Member since: 10 Dec 2011)
Make 4G LTE free and lets have this conversation again Mr.Glenn Lurie
5. Penny (Posts: 1625; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
As long as we're talking about mobile devices, sure. Just don't charge me for the 3G/4G if I don't use it.
If we're talking about ALL computing devices...well, then, I don't think my desktop ever leaves the house, so no go.
6. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1886; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
So they can put cap on the data I'm using for my computer? not a fan AT&T... even I'm on your cellular service right now :/
7. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
This said after AT&T introduces mobile share plans - genius.
8. PhoneCritic (Posts: 518; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
IN HIS DREAMS only!!! we pay enough and don't need to be strangled any further. what would be nice is for Google to have coast to cost WiFi in every city town. now that would be the customers truly ruling the air and the tyranny of VZ, AT&T, Sprint etc.. all coming to a close. Now that would be a dream come true. But sadly only in my Dream.