AT&T touts the virtues of its LTE network, creates AppCenter for raw HTML5 apps
0. phoneArena 09 Jan 2012, 14:53 posted on
AT&T is understandably proud of its LTE efforts, and, besides announcing a whole suite of mobile devices with LTE connectivity to take adavantage of it in the coming weeks and months, it also stopped a little to brag...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
First. AT&T, constantly improving. Too bad the bureaucratic government stopped them from buying Tmobile.
6. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
One of the very few times I agree with you Miz.
7. JGuinan007 (Posts: 634; Member since: 19 May 2011)
I can't believe I agree had to give a thumbs up even though you still said 1st
2. bigdawg23 (Posts: 368; Member since: 25 May 2011)
I finally got to experience AT&T LTE after travelling to a market this weekend. It smoked my cousins VZW LTE. An as the article states, in 3G Areas its not even a comparison. Many of my tests in LTE on my Skyrocket were 25-40Down and 7-10Up.
8. networkdood (Posts: 6267; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Yep, I believe it - my buddy's Vivid got 15+ Mbps up on HSPA+
3. christianqwerty (Posts: 460; Member since: 05 May 2011)
Hspa+ gets me about 5mbps , no complaints here
9. networkdood (Posts: 6267; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
depends on the phone - my captivate did 5Mbps also, when I changed the modem.
4. Jyakotu (Posts: 819; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
The sad thing is, AT&T can't win for losing. Even with constant improvements to the network, people still see them as "Ma Bell" and talk about bad service. However, when they report earnings, they always add new customers. That's one the appealing things about AT&T's LTE network, you will revert to HSPA+ network which gets about 14.4 Mbps. Honestly, I know AT&T can succeed without T-Mobile, but they were the only logical choice during buyers because they're the only other national GSM carrier in the USA.
Still, I look forward to seeing AT&T improving their network. :)
5. Glim12808 (Posts: 393; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Although I'm not with AT&T, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! An improving AT&T will keep everyone on their toes!
10. macher (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Jan 2012)
Do you think AT&T LTE network will in par with VZW? Just seems like AT&T has too many open ends such as edge areas, no HSPA+ back haul etc.