AT&T to update Samsung Captivate with Android 2.2 on Thursday
The carrier wrote on Facebook that it would post a link to Samsung's site with directions on how to install Froyo onto the handset. With this in mind, it would seem that this will not be an OTA upgrade.
Now that the Captivate is in the fold, that leaves the Samsung Fascinate left as the remaining original 3G Galaxy S models in the U.S. waiting to receive Android 2.2. The pressure is now on Verizon to bring the Fascinate up to par with the Captivate and Vibrant.
1. luis_lopez_351 posted on 24 Feb 2011, 00:38 0 0
they forgot that the samsung epic 4g also go an upgrade and wtf what about the samsung continuum???
3. sanyok (unregistered) posted on 24 Feb 2011, 07:17 0 0
BS. today is Thursday and so far NOTHING
4. Yo (unregistered) posted on 24 Feb 2011, 08:49 0 0
I wouldn't expect it early in the morning. It's only 9:30am on the east coast. But I'm pretty sure the update is imminent because if you go to samsung's website, you'll notice that its' manual was updated yesterday. The contents/images in that manual are not that of a Captivate with 2.1
5. Durc (unregistered) posted on 24 Feb 2011, 13:45 0 0
6. Yo (unregistered) posted on 24 Feb 2011, 15:28 0 0
The update process was fairly quick and was very quick. Running smooth for the last 5 or so hours