AT&T to unlock Apple iPhone for certain customers this Sunday
0. phoneArena 06 Apr 2012, 13:44 posted on
9 to 5 Mac says that AT&T on Sunday will be unlocking the Apple iPhones belonging to those with expired contracts or those who paid an ETF; this will allow those with a paid-off iPhone to bring it to a different carrier...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. md227a (Posts: 121; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
only took five years for it to be unlocked from att
9. Hotzb22 (Posts: 103; Member since: 30 Mar 2009)
hmm i work for att cust havnet heard anything about that hmmmm
11. neraky71 (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
If I pay the ETF for my 4S, can I unlock it for internationl use but still keep my grandfathered unlimiited data plan?
13. -box- (Posts: 3714; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I doubt it, because by paying the ETF you're cancelling your line, so you lose your number and your plan.
12. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Cool..... ATNT arn't they the crapest out of all?
14. -box- (Posts: 3714; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
So will Verizon and sprint follow suit? I'm glad apple finally gave in and let at&t take care of its customers. Apple would rather sell a new unlocked phone at full price than let someone unlock one they've paid for.
16. ndrey (Posts: 41; Member since: 30 Nov 2012)
if you don't meet any of these requirements you can always use some unlocking services like:http://letsunlockiphone5.com/ they do deliver AT&T unlocks very fast and have 100% refunds policy