AT&T to unlock Apple iPhone for certain customers this Sunday
0. phoneArena posted on 06 Apr 2012, 13:44
9 to 5 Mac says that AT&T on Sunday will be unlocking the Apple iPhones belonging to those with expired contracts or those who paid an ETF; this will allow those with a paid-off iPhone to bring it to a different carrier...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. md227a posted on 06 Apr 2012, 14:10 1 3
only took five years for it to be unlocked from att
7. techkidwiz posted on 06 Apr 2012, 14:48 0 2
Well what will the people that dont have a account with att? will they be nice and unlock it ? I dont't have a account with ATT&T but bought my iphone 4 from BestBuy on an aution.
8. sandrix posted on 06 Apr 2012, 15:33 0 2
same situation here. I hope they let us use our iphones the way we want to.
9. Hotzb22 posted on 06 Apr 2012, 17:17 1 2
hmm i work for att cust havnet heard anything about that hmmmm
11. neraky71 posted on 06 Apr 2012, 18:00 2 2
If I pay the ETF for my 4S, can I unlock it for internationl use but still keep my grandfathered unlimiited data plan?
13. -box- posted on 07 Apr 2012, 09:44 0 0
I doubt it, because by paying the ETF you're cancelling your line, so you lose your number and your plan.
12. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) posted on 06 Apr 2012, 18:29 0 2
Cool..... ATNT arn't they the crapest out of all?
14. -box- posted on 07 Apr 2012, 09:46 0 0
So will Verizon and sprint follow suit? I'm glad apple finally gave in and let at&t take care of its customers. Apple would rather sell a new unlocked phone at full price than let someone unlock one they've paid for.