AT&T to unlock Apple iPhone for certain customers this Sunday
The decision to allow the unlocking of these Apple iPhones apparently came after a number of complaints made their way to the office of Apple CEO Tim Cook. Oh, if you bought your Apple iPhone at the full retail price, your phone will also be unlocked. Sounds like Mr. Cook must have received some very persuasive correspondence.
source: 9to5Mac via Gizmodo
4. md227a (Posts: 110; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
only took five years for it to be unlocked from att
9. Hotzb22 (Posts: 103; Member since: 30 Mar 2009)
hmm i work for att cust havnet heard anything about that hmmmm
11. neraky71 (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
If I pay the ETF for my 4S, can I unlock it for internationl use but still keep my grandfathered unlimiited data plan?
13. -box- (Posts: 3536; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I doubt it, because by paying the ETF you're cancelling your line, so you lose your number and your plan.
12. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Cool..... ATNT arn't they the crapest out of all?
14. -box- (Posts: 3536; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
So will Verizon and sprint follow suit? I'm glad apple finally gave in and let at&t take care of its customers. Apple would rather sell a new unlocked phone at full price than let someone unlock one they've paid for.
16. ndrey (Posts: 41; Member since: 30 Nov 2012)
if you don't meet any of these requirements you can always use some unlocking services like:http://letsunlockiphone5.com/ they do deliver AT&T unlocks very fast and have 100% refunds policy