AT&T to ship Samsung Galaxy S III on or before June 21st
While Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile and U.S. Cellular each will be offering both the 16GB and 32GB models of the phone, AT&T is giving its subscribers just one choice with the 16GB variant. The carrier, though, will be selling a 16GB microSD card for $39. Additionally, AT&T will have exclusivity on a red Samsung Galaxy S III to add to the Marble White and Pebble Blue units that all carriers are selling. U.S. pricing has pretty much converged with the 16GB handset going for $199.99 with a signed 2-year contract, and the 32GB version will cost $249.99 on contract. The only difference is that U.S. Cellular wants its customers to pay an additional $100 for each model, which it will return in the form of a mail-in rebate.
While three of the initial five U.S. carriers getting the Samsung Galaxy S III are planning a release of the device around June 21st, Verizon and U.S. Cellular are both waiting until July to give their customers the fastest selling gadget of all time. Verizon is expecting to ship the smartphone om July 9th while there is no date set for U.S. Cellular.
source: AT&T, DroidMatters via BGR
5. Ivan6479 (Posts: 243; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Shoot by looks of the new iOS 6 announcements the GS2 is already an iPhone 5 killer. LOL
18. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5145; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Only one missing the boat of 6/21 is VZW. Come on guys, let your edition of the GSIII loose. You already have them in your warehouses. You. Can. Do. IT!
22. Femto (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
Yeah, Verizon has a track record of being late to release phones. Annoying, but I tolerate for the network and unlimited data. Just have to be patient. Dammit :D
20. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2738; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Don't be delusional. The GSIII will not be killing anything other than Samsung. People will soon be sick of seeing countless GSIII variations being released. Why do you think HTC is failing now?
3. Xperia42 (Posts: 60; Member since: 30 May 2012)
Root your phone and download an ics rom, if you want ics
6. xcasasx (Posts: 24; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
ive bricked my phone countless timess and my comp suck asss
12. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1173; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
I'm running ICS 4.0.4 MIUI on my at$t galaxy note... just root it.. you can't go wrong :-)
14. ez31k (Posts: 38; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
MIUI FTW!!! Been running MIUI 4.0.4 on my Epic 4G touch for 2 months now.. I don't think I'll ever go back to stock.. :-D
4. WhyNotRadioShack (Posts: 13; Member since: 01 Jun 2012)
How many phones in the past have been labeled an " iPhone killer"? And go ahead and call me iSheep but its user preference on which phone we all like and i happen to like Apple products!
7. xcasasx (Posts: 24; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
dude the iphone is what ever it comes down to persnoal pref.
8. xcasasx (Posts: 24; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
like to mee i hated my 4s it was soo blehh boringg my skyrocket is way beter for me
13. chriski333 (Posts: 22; Member since: 05 May 2012)
About damn time! Now what do i do should i return my Samsung note for the s3 or do i keep my note?
16. ez31k (Posts: 38; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Now that's a tough one... Wait till the SGS3 comes out and check out a live demo in store.. That is the only way to make the final call...
15. Cinnamon (Posts: 87; Member since: 16 Jun 2011)
Title should be "AT&T pre-orders of the Galaxy S III will arrive on or before June 21st" ;)
17. natesvlogs (Posts: 39; Member since: 15 May 2012)
they already told me this in the confirmation email from my pre-order. I was hoping they'd surprise us and send it immediately. I just got my case and screen protectors for it and I've resorted to pretending I have it in the case.
19. mail2ankit82 (Posts: 3; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
Which case did you order for the S3? i am also looking to order one. can you share some insight on it?
21. Femto (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
Verizon, you're killing me. I'm thinking thy want to leave a little time for the incredible to sell before releasing this bad boy, but why did they take so long to release the incredible? The other big 3 carriers have already released their new HTC models; and all of which are objectively superior to the incredible. What the heck is VZ thinking? VZ, hurry up and put out a high-end phone with a processor that doesn't take us back to 2011. You're current line up is slow, boring, and old. Love your network, though. Thanks.
25. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5457; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Let's just hope APPLE DOESN'T BAN THE GSIII FOR AT&T like they did for ONE X
26. husser94 (Posts: 24; Member since: 28 Mar 2011)
SO IF I WALK INTO AT&T JUNE 21...WOULD I BE ABLE TO PURCHASE THE GS3?