AT&T to launch its first LTE devices in H2 2011, 20 4G phones this year
0. phoneArena posted on 05 Jan 2011, 12:47
During its developer summit at CES 2011 today, the second-largest U.S. carrier made it extremely clear that it's not falling behind the LTE game...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. networkdood posted on 05 Jan 2011, 14:05 0 0
HSP+ can be pretty quick - If I can get over 4 MPBS, then it will be awesomosis...
5. skymitch89 posted on 05 Jan 2011, 14:41 0 0
If you are only getting 4Mbps and lower, then you are not on HSPA+ you are on HSPA or regular 3G.
6. dha3224324 (unregistered) posted on 05 Jan 2011, 14:57 0 0
i think you are confusing real world speeds with theoretical speeds
12. networkdood posted on 05 Jan 2011, 19:33 0 0
I know my phone is not HSPA+, just saying that if I can get 4Mbps or higher then I will be happy.
10. Tre-Nitty posted on 05 Jan 2011, 17:10 0 0
I get 3 mbps now on 3g and i'm talking consistently. Will be getting the infuse though, with my unlimited data plan that i'm grandfathered into.
2. Gcombs (unregistered) posted on 05 Jan 2011, 14:15 0 0
This is a huge statement for AT&T. LTE and HSPA+ to fall back on. The best of both worlds.
3. skymitch89 posted on 05 Jan 2011, 14:37 0 0
I wonder what T-Mobile is going to have to say about this. It is awesome that they are jumping on the bandwagon with 4G.
4. skymitch89 posted on 05 Jan 2011, 14:40 0 0
Just hope that they will bring back their unlimited data plans, or at least offer cheaper data plans that offer larger amounts of data, because phones like Motorola Atrix 4G will defiantly suck down the data.
8. DontHateOnS60 posted on 05 Jan 2011, 15:53 0 0
Hahaha, don't hold your breath. Unless data usage trends dramatically change, don't expect to see any changes to the current data plans.
7. DontHateOnS60 posted on 05 Jan 2011, 15:31 1 0
Rumor has it we'll see a 4G N9 with MeeGo debut on AT&T this summer. Finally something us camera people can buy.
9. thatdude1 (unregistered) posted on 05 Jan 2011, 16:13 0 0
I would absolutely LOVE to see an N9 w/MeeGo here in the states! That would be AWESOME!
11. guamzson posted on 05 Jan 2011, 17:24 1 0
hmmm.... has anyone even tried looking into hspa+ and att's lte latency and speed... dont think it will be as good as big reds
13. networkdood posted on 05 Jan 2011, 19:34 0 0
Well, AT&T beat them with 3G speed tests....who knows
14. dmberta posted on 05 Jan 2011, 19:39 0 0
As someone stuck in an area not often supported by new tech, the fact that ATT is doing LTE won't do much but the fact that they'll get a bunch of 3g compatible phones is AWESOME. TMO doesn't do 3g in my area so the chance for some android diversity will be appreciated.
15. phonemaster97 (unregistered) posted on 28 Jul 2011, 17:04 0 0
what should I get the inspire or the infuse, or should I wait till the other 4g phones come out.