AT&T to allow app developers to pay for your data
0. phoneArena 27 Feb 2012, 13:47 posted on
This new feature would let users be able to use a data-heavy app without worrying about their usage...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. JGuinan007 (Posts: 662; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Sweet if the developer wants to pay my data bill to use their app I'm all for it unless I have to pay $20 for their app that is.
3. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
wow, big blue thought up another way to complicate your bill. now data tracking apps will be useless.
4. Forsaken77 (Posts: 552; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
They made a way for YOU to use less data and you're complaining?!! Way to look a gift-horse in the mouth.
10. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Gift horse??? If it's like the gift horse the Greeks left behind,I would want to examine it too.
12. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
How does billing developers make me use less data?
All big blue is doing is transferring the cost to developers. And that cost is then transferred to the consumer.
But now there isn't a reliable way to watch your data.
Do you really think big blue is considerate of end-user cost? They wouldn't make this change unless they are getting richer from it. Dolla dolla bill y'all.
If big blue really cares about the customer explain their "unlimited" throttling. Explain why they've gotten the worst consumer ratings two years running. Explain why android users pay iPhone subsidies.
Get real. Its all about the Benjamin's.
5. Forsaken77 (Posts: 552; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
This would be great for apps like Pandora or Last FM. Though I don't know if those companies want to shell out that much money because those apps use up a serious amount of data
7. McLTE (Posts: 804; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I'm not sure this is really saving the consumer anything.
The app developers aren't going to shrink their earnings, they will just pass this cost onto the consumer.
I'm an unlimited data user.. I will now have to pay more for my apps.
or.. I'm one who smartly downloads big apps or uses them when on wifi.. I will now have to pay more for my apps.
8. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Stingy AT&T never want customers to stay with them for a long time, so AT&T created tier data plans and now App developers pay users data usage and developers will raise the price the apps to pay AT&T. What next? pay per use internet, watching video, etc.
9. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1024; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
I'm for it. I don't use Netflix on my phone as much because of my capped data plan, but with this new service, I can use it more often!!! I hope this is true
11. btbotimtim (Posts: 169; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
so, if i use wifi tether for root users, google pays for the usage?