AT&T tells its employees there will no authorized vacations in June
0. phoneArena 16 Apr 2010, 12:08 posted on
BGR is hearing from their multiple AT&T contacts that the wireless carrier has blocked off employees from asking for a vacation in June...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. gdbw (Posts: 17; Member since: 18 Dec 2009)
I work for at&t and this is the first I've heard that you can't take a vacation in June. That had better not be the case cause I am. Figures that this blood sucking company would do that though. they expect you to have no personal life and live, eat and sleep at&t. if they could put beds in the stores they would.
2. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3103; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Sounds like my job, we aren't allowed to miss one full day, we don't get sick days and they expect us to use our vacation hours as sick days.
5. macron2000 (Posts: 81; Member since: 07 Sep 2009)
hmmm, in such a competitive industry i would rather think you would hope this is the case. the alternative...continue to lose market share to VZW and TMobile and you may have all the time off you need and then some. ask a former Sprint employee for proof. stop wining, be greatful and sell lots of IPhones (which will happen inspite of you).
7. easytochris (Posts: 126; Member since: 21 Jan 2010)
and to add on to that, you really can't be too upset as an at&t employee when your commission checks will be GUARANTEED to be huge. unless they up your quotas or something dumb like that. I used to work for an at&t authorized retailer and those data plans got me bank.
11. DonkeyPunched (Posts: 321; Member since: 10 Jan 2010)
Well if you take a look at the picture and think outside the box, it obviously means there's most likely a release date in June...so that being said, it should occur to you that you don't get vacation because the next big phone will most likely come out then.
18. iHateCrapple (Posts: 734; Member since: 12 Feb 2010)
I wouldn't think the iPhone is a huge commission generator, I mean, crApple asks for a lot in return for the exclusivity doesnt it?
20. gba2000 (Posts: 49; Member since: 28 Dec 2008)
It wouldn't be such a big deal but I planned for and pain thousands of non-refundable money for my vacation since December, manager was aware of this so I should be okay.
3. jrcrow79 (Posts: 477; Member since: 02 May 2008)
hell..I haven't taken a honeymoon in 5yrs!!
4. JagerDJ (Posts: 6; Member since: 02 Dec 2009)
I'm very sure this just refers to corporate store employees, and exceptions can always be made. Besides, you can't blanket the whole month for somthing that only occurs in the back half.
6. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
The document/article contains inaccurate information - this site reminds me of the NATIONAL ENQUIRER....
8. WhoDatBe (Posts: 12; Member since: 25 Jan 2010)
Sprint did this when the palm pre launched just fyi
10. pimpinmcd53 (Posts: 11; Member since: 01 Oct 2009)
hmmm i really wish phonearena spoke good english at least.......ATT tell its employess there will BE no authorized vacations in June.
13. gdjsnyder (Posts: 9; Member since: 06 Nov 2009)
You wish PhoneArena spoke good english? How about you speak "good english" first. And in doing so, you would be speaking english well, not speaking good english. Jeez.
12. scottmbolt (unregistered)
i-PhoneArena just flat out SUCKS at reporting "news".
14. kjh267 (Posts: 25; Member since: 16 Mar 2010)
who cares honestly!!! att and phonearena need to realize no one gives a shit about the iphone anymore... not that i ever cared... there are so many better devices available... att stop blowing steve jobs before you lose all your customers... you already lost me after 10 years just last month... you guys suck anymore
15. DOGIEFRESH (Posts: 302; Member since: 15 Jul 2009)
If nobody cares, what are you doing here bashing the iphone...???
17. whocares (Posts: 235; Member since: 19 Dec 2009)
atthas great churn. you didnt do much damage buddy so you keep thinking that.
16. 1987riot (Posts: 5; Member since: 24 Mar 2010)
I don't understand that big hype for this phone, ya sure it was a good phone and concept however I feel like we have evolved into something better much more options, much more better phones. Like seriously an iphone with no flash? for how many years and changes? As well as recently up to a year ago video? eh, i like out doing my friends with my droid and they get so impressed by it (all of my friends have an iphone). Haha it feels good! but all this hype for a phone its like lady gaga all pretty but no soul. lol
19. iHateCrapple (Posts: 734; Member since: 12 Feb 2010)
I'm sorry but the gaga lady is butt ugly...